“The Best of Everything!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sherry-Netherland Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Sherry-Netherland Hotel to your Saves list
The Sherry-Netherland Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   781 Fifth Avenue, At 59th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay As If You Live In NY
Ranked #3 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Chicago, Illinois
“The Best of Everything!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We loved our stay at the Sherry. The accommodations were so wonderful - enormous beautiful room overlooking Central Park and close to the subway and great eating and shopping spots. And the staff was flat out great. It had been a long while since we had been to NYC. They helped us regain our subway prowess, helped with tickets, and they were very accommodating, friendly, and professional. I hope we have an opportunity to stay there again soon!

Room Tip: Even rooms that face the strreet are extremely quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at the Sherry during my last 4-day business trip to NYC. The location was great - right across from the Plaza Hotel, the Apple Store, and a stone's throw to the beautiful shops on Fifth Avenue. When I arrived, I was greeted by a friendly concierge. The elevators are operated by "white-glove elevator attendants", which felt like a little treat every time I went up or down. My room was everything a girl could want on her first business trip to NYC - a dressing room (!!!) with a plush white robe and ample space to hang things, a Keurig coffee maker with unlimited coffee pods, a chandelier, fresh bouquets of flowers, boxes of Godiva chocolates, and a "welcome" card from the hotel manager. Every morning I ordered room service from Cipriani's, the restaurant attached to the hotel. The omlette was delicious, and filling out my breakfast form the night before, and hanging it on my door knob, quickly became a ritual.

One evening the neighbours were making quite a lot of noise, and I called down to the concierge at midnight. Within 10 minutes someone was upstairs to check on the situation, and shortly thereafter things quieted down. Similarly, when I couldn't get the wifi to work, the concierge offered to send up an IT person to help me figure it out. The staff was attentive, and although they had a bit of that brusque NY attitude (different from what Canadians are typically used to), they were extremely helpful. In the evenings, someone would come to turn down the bed, and leave little Godiva chocolate squares throughout the room. They would tidy up the newspapers and clothes in my room, and make sure it looked warm and cozy for when I got home. I loved it, and would not hesitate to go back again.

Room Tip: The view to the courtyard left much to be desired, but cost significantly less.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My sister and I decided to meet in NYC and chose the Sherry for its excellent location. Rooms are vary large, especially for a NY hotel, and nicely decorated. Room service was expensive but excellent quality. The business center is small but adequate. But what really makes the hotel is the service. Everyone was welcoming and accommodating and went out of their way to help, from the front desk people to the elevator operators to the room service guy.

Room Tip: For quiet, choose a courtyard view -- not much of a view but delightfully quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Windsor, Ont, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We recently stayed at the Sherry with my husband's parents - for my father in law's 80th birthday. Our suite/rooms were amazinginly spacious for NYC, charming, and comfortable. The hotel was clean, quiet, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel offers more of a "residence" feel than a standard hotel, and the locations is unbeatable - across the street from Central Park, in the heart of Fifth Avenue shopping, and within walking distance to Rockfeller Center and Times Square (if you enjoy walking). We found the hotel quiet and a terrific place to relax in the evening after exploring the city all day and night. We only used the fitness facility once because the weather is perfect for jogs in Central Park instead, but did find it a bit small and outdated compared to other high end hotels. Room service is available at Cipriani downstairs, and we used it for breakfast, which was good - although the breakfast cutoff hours and staff at Cipriani were not ideal - no fault of the Sherry though, as they are not under the same management and operate independently. We loved our stay at the Sherry overall and hope to be back soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
orlado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Great staff, best location and old world charm. We love the Sherry! Just across the street from the park and if you are up for walking, a walk to and from the theatre, my husband and I did it and we are in our 50's.We will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Location location... across the road from central park and walking distance to many attractions, with character and old world charm...thankyou Mr Louis Sherry for founding such a beautiful hotel. Beautiful decor and the rooms are well furbished with antiques and chandeliers. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite...absolutely fabulous. Apartment living in the best locale in town....lounge, dining, kitchen and bedroom with plenty of closet space and a glorious bathroom. Staff were very helpful ...very friendly ....fabulous service. The king room in which we started was also a reasonable size....nice decor with small bathroom...still value for money considering the location ...which is the most outstanding feature and benefit. Central Park to escape to and breathe...with many attractions within near or around the park....strawberry fields, walk trails, the lakes, zoo and gardens plus perimeter shopping and museum mile and much more... subway on the corner....and a fifth avenue address....uptown living at its best. Overall oustanding Sherry Netherland.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Healdsburg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Sherry is my home away from home. My business takes me there often, I arrive with chocolates, flowers and a hand written note from the Management. No request is denied, there is a sense of old world service which at most hotels are a thing of the past, well 5 Star Service is alive and well here.

Room Tip: There is not a bad room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Sherry-Netherland Hotel? Share your experiences!