“Greatest Location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

You added Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 7th Avenue on 52nd Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Formerly Sheraton New York Hotel) (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #298 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“Greatest Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Greatest location! Able to walk on a Sunday to Times Square Church located at a historical former grand Broadway theater.
As a preferred guest, we had access to a very large club lounge with complimentary continental breakfast and Happy Hour. There were a lot of people though which my husband didn't appreciate.
They graciously allowed our daughter to stay for free,

Room Tip: Spoke withe the front desk that we wanted a quiet room so they placed us at a higher floor away from...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

The location is great, the room very confortable with all amenities, safe, coffee machine and flat TV. But reception service tend to be somewhat "next!" - meaning they seem to urge to get rid of you and rush to next client - sometimes kind of rude. Informations between shifts were very different as for rates for late check-out until 4pm - departure date.

• 2 of 5 stars
SheratonNYTS, Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, Guest Relations at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Hello Jeanpeter K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for your helpful comments. We’re glad that you enjoyed our hotel’s fine location and your comfortable guest room, but disappointed that you experienced service that is far below our usual high standard. We aim to provide our guests with excellent service at all times, and apologize for the frustration you must have felt. We are known for our outstanding staff and specialized services, and can assure you that a future visit would reveal a far superior Sheraton experience. Thanks again for your review, and we hope that you’ll be back to stay with us again on your next visit to New York City.

Warm regards,

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, Guest Relations
Fuzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

The location is pretty good, though slightly worse than Penn Stn, if you come from EWR.

The mattress is really very good. However, I was staying in a room facing the 7th Ave and could hear the noise from the street. I had to use earplugs.

Wifi is a bit flaky but there's cable internet in the room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

The location is amazing. Just steps away for any major attractions in the Times Square area. The service once we checked in was not very friendly and the lobby is some how chaotic, lots of people coming in and out. I do not recommend to bring children cause you will be worried of losing them in the chaos. My room was super tiny, not used to that size on a Sheraton. The shower was dirty.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

My husband and I had a memorable anniversary weekend at the Time Square Sheraton. The staff gave us complimentary champagne and chocolates during our stay to celebrate our anniversary. The staff in the club lounge is always very welcoming. They are a welcome sight for the start to my day. I look forward to the next opportunity to stay at this hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

A HUGE thank you to Beata Tomczyk, Housekeeping manager. She made my father's 78th birthday extremely special by acknowledging his dream trip to Yankee stadium with a cake, wine and the works! He can't stop talking about it and how much loved the Sheraton ( after the Yankees if course) ! ;)

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

First of all, I don't give a 5/5 very often. When I stay at a 5-star hotel and pay for a 5-star hotel, if we don't get perfect treatment and everything isn't perfect, I don't give a 5-star review.

But when I stay at 3.5 star hotel, and I get four-star service, a four-star room, and the location is 5-star - I give it a perfect five of five -- and that's exactly what I got at the Sheraton.

First of all, I'm a lifetime SPG member and occasionally I'll run into a Sheraton/Westin that forgets how to treat its loyal customers. Sheraton Times Square treated me and my family very well. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary last weekend, and starting with the front desk and SPG room and room service and maid service -- I just could not ask for more. I think the front desk staff's name was Milli (sp?) -- but she was a JEWEL. I feel like she is my friend. We had some last-minute surprises that could have seriously affected our time in New York but the hotel more than made up for the other difficulties we faced.

Hotel was crowded due to US Open players and staff staying there, but it didn't feel like it on my floor. SPG Club Room was a little crowded for breakfast at rush times but staff did a great job of keeping up, cleaning off tables, etc. Great smiles all around. In fact, I'm somewhat hesitant to travel in the Northeast because sometimes people don't know how to be friendly in the service industry. For my stay, everyone had a smile, kind -- not the service I've come to expect on every trip to NYC. They made us feel at home.

All that said, rooms aren't perfect but views are great. Shower bathroom feels new but desk furniture/coach could be updated. Beds/pillows are the usual - excellent. Workout room is solid but weight room is back in a cave - I like natural daylight when lifting. Food in SPG room good, basic, could use some hot eggs and some more fruit. Still, more than sufficient to start the day. View from SPG at sunset is perfect view over the Hudson and Times Square.

Bellhops more than helpful, everyone not looking for a tip (though we gave those!). Subway is 30 feet from entrance to hotel. All good! We will be back for sure!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple