“Perfect Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

You added Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 7th Avenue on 52nd Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Formerly Sheraton New York Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #259 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Montreal, Canada
“Perfect Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I love the location of this Sheraton. Its a bit in midtown east, close enough to Time Square ( 5 ish minutes walking distance. It is also pretty close to central park, great for evening strolls. I forgot to mention, the lobby is absolutely beautiful, really nice interior design.

Room Tip: I'm not sure how the other rooms are, but note that the king size bed -room is really small. It...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Hello Traveller B

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and for the great feedback regarding our newly renovated Lobby. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! I think our location is the best for sightseeing located near Times Square, Central Park and Rockefeller Center and access to great shopping. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time it’s a quick subway ride to everywhere. We look forward to your next visit!

Joseph Giordano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cazenovia, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I reserved a king size room about 4 weeks prior to my trip. When I arrived at 7:30 pm to check in I was told I would have to wait because my room was not available. I was exhausted after a full day of travel and told them I was not pleased. After a few minutes I was told I could have a room with a fold out bed or a standard double room. I took the standard double room. The registration was not apologetic or even nice. The room was small, the bed side lamp did not work, and there was hair on the bathroom wall. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were very nice. I had a meeting in the hotel the next day. Since check out is at noon and my meeting was breaking for lunch at 12:15 I asked for a 15 minute delay in my checkout. The woman at the desk acted annoyed that I even bothered her and said there were no late check outs. . I have stayed at the nearby Hilton on previous trips and find them much more accommodating.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
SheratonNYTS, Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, Guest Relations at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Hello denise d,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review—your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are very invested in the absolute comfort and satisfaction of our guests, and are sorry to hear that the service you were provided with during your stay was not reflective of our usual standards of excellence. We understand how frustrating this experience must have been for you, and we regret missing the opportunity to provide you with an incredible stay. We would love another chance to make it up to you—please contact Mr. Joe Giordano at joseph.giordano@sheraton.com to discuss how we might be able to impress you with a real Sheraton experience on your next trip to New York City.

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, Guest Relations
Woodstock, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

A typical Sheraton,yes the rooms can be on the small side. The location is excellent, the service is fair. For a hotel like this with such demand you would think the check in service would be fast. Service is way too slow, they need to keep agents continuously on duty. When we checked in there was only one for a while. Why?
Service needs to be a priority here, why not?
No free Wi-Fi in rooms;Sheraton needs to get with it!

Hello Studebhawk,

Thank you for your review. Our location is second to none we are just close enough to Times Square and many NYC attractions but a few blocks from the hustle and bustle to give our guests some relaxation. Here we take guest feedback very seriously and we apologize for any inconveniences caused by the delayed check in during your stay our Director of the Front Office has been notified. We would love another chance to show you a great experience. We look forward to your next visit!

Warm Regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone visiting New York City. The hotel has professional people greeting you at the desk. They see that all your needs are met to make your stay comfortable. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Plenty of towels and comfortable bedding.
Restaurant was nice and comfortable and has a great breakfast. It is centrally located in the city and in walking distance to most attractions.

Room Tip: higher rooms have a great view of the city..........
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Hello Loubabe447,

Thank you for taking the time to give up a review and for acknowledging how enjoyable your Front Desk service was with us we look forward to sharing your comments with our Staff! I am happy you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and our newly renovated rooms. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that!

I think our location is the best for sightseeing located near Times Square Central Park and Rockefeller Center and access to great shopping. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time it’s a quick subway ride to everywhere. We look forward to your next visit!

san diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Stayed here for 5 days on a family vacation (two grownups and a 5 and 8 year old). I was expecting a solid ho-hum experience, but the hotel and the staff exceeded that. No, it's not the 4 seasons, but it is at this price point.

The Jr suite was great, recently remodeled on the 46th floor, separate tub and shower so we could get the kids washed and out the door in half the time. Very spacious, well appointed room (for NYC- this isn't bakersfield). The beds were new, and the linens and pillows were fresh and crisp.

Housekeeping- daily while we were out and about and well done, and they provided extra towels and bath amenities without requesting it, they just noticed we had 4 in the room.

I had a hard time figuring out if the sofa was a sleeper- yes it is. In case you were wondering as well. We had no issues with waiting for the elevator even though there was a huge dance troupe staying there as well. We waited a few minutes max.

Anam delivered a corkscrew graciously with a smile along with my SW LPLT amenity of some fruit. Thanks!

Club lounge- anyone who complains about this well stocked, great view, free for anyone with status, is crazy. We grabbed waters and sodas and snacks throughout the day. No hot eggs, but there is steel cut oatmeal, real bagels, and the magic coffee / hot chocolate machine. On a sidenote, I rarely saw anyone tip the attendants who bust their but in the morning restocking everything and cleaning up. That was a shame. A few bucks goes a long way.

Note, a ketel and soda at the club lounge bar is $13. Try the cute irish bar up the street and sit streetside for one. The food there was really good as well.

Location is not on Times Square, if you want to be in the heat of it (no thanks) stay at the Westin. This property is directly over a subway stop, and the Halal guys do their chicken and rice thing directly outside. There is also the great little market out the side door and to the right (53rd street?).

The staff were always available and gracious, but we really didn't have any issues or real need for anything other than extra linens for the sleeper. The vacation was awesome, and I credit some of it to not having any issues with the hotel!!! Travelling is rough, so it's nice when one of the three (flight, ground, or hotel) is a "no issue" experience. Thanks!

Room Tip: high floor- less noise and I think they have been more recently remodeled.
Green Features: take advantage of the "green choice". You get a small daily credit or 500 points.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Was in NY for a trade show and elected to try this hotel. We stayed for 5 nights.
Pros: good location if you are in NY for touring, Broadway shows, etc.The Health club is much better than the normal hotel facility. Bed is comfortable.
Cons: the rooms are very small and decor just a bit above average. Shower had very little pressure. Wifi was $15 per day and quite slow. The hotel is CRAZY BUSY. The elevators are slow. My room on the 9th floor was not at all quiet....you can hear street noise all night long (which is true of many NY hotels. Most of the local restaurants in the immediate area are over-priced and fair....better to walk over to 9th Ave (Hell's Kitchen) for a plethora of good and affordable food. I found the front desk help was very curt and not friendly.
SUMMARY: next time I will try another hotel in the area.....

Room Tip: Get on a high floor as they are quieter
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Hello George66052,

Thank you for the great feedback regarding our newly renovated rooms and the comfort for our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! Our location is second to none! We are just close enough to Times Square and many NYC attractions but a few blocks from the hustle and bustle to give our guests some relaxation.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the poor service response of our Front Desk Staff during your stay. Our Director of the Front Office takes this feedback very seriously and has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved. We hope to see you soon!

Warm Regards,

White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Because I live so close to the city, I rarely, if ever have to stay overnight. I had to attend a conference at the Sheraton and was treated to an overnight stay earlier this week. Check-in was a breeze and the young lady was so professional and helpful. My room was immaculate with lots of extra towels. There was a great bar/caffe/restaurant in the lobby which made things really convenient. The location can't be beat. After checkout, I realized that I had left my IPHONE charger in my room. Security accompanied back up to the 32nd floor where the maid who cleaned my room had my charger waiting for me in a plastic bag. This type of honesty needs to be commended. I will certainly recommend the Sheraton to anyone visiting New York

Room Tip: I was in an odd numbered room on the 32nd floor and it had a pretty cool view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel? Share your experiences!