We booked a twin double bedded room for two nights for my husband and I and our 17 year old son. The trouble was my little boy (at 6’2’ & like a giraffe) had to have his own bed & indeed enjoyed a comfortable nights sleep in one bed whilst my husband and I left fighting for the doona in the smallest double bed of our trip - the worst night’s sleep since the plane trip over! It appears that all the twin beds in the Sheraton are the same size, it’s a small double it certainly ‘wasn’t the best night’s sleep you’ve ever’ and the only ‘incredible aargh from the Sheraton Sleepmaker bed’ was when one of us rolled over and elbowed the other, not quite as promised in the publicity.
Let’s talk about what is great about this hotel - if you like to be in the liveliest parts of New York, when you walk out at night into the lights of Times Square and say ‘Wow’, then this is for you. Our rooms were surprisingly quiet, given the location and had great black out window furnishings. The bed for one, is to give the marketing it's due, comfy. The berries at breakfast were superb. The majority of staff (once you got the right ones) were great and a special shout out to Joseph and Seher for their professional and concerned approach to make it right for us. The concierge, bell balls and baggage storage ($4 per bag bit of a what??? $4 a bag!!!) all delightful. The gym was good. The price was great booked through booking.com.
Not so great - The rooms are small but forgivable for New York, and still big enough for bigger sized double beds, you need to pick your time to check-in and checkout as there were queues, on the higher floors expect the lifts to be slow, and renovations to the front entrance are ongoing. No free wifi in the rooms (my pet hate) although complimentary with Starwood Membership and offered free of charge in the lobby. However the lobby is a zoo at all times of day and night - It did cross my mind to leave the giraffe down there to sleep…
In the end not needed as Seher sorted out a room for our second night, large enough for a rollaway bed. The giraffe still eyeing up one of the twin beds - Oh no you don’t, I roared that’s mine, you slept last night!!
Thanks Guys for a memorable stay, we do appreciate all you did to help us. My rating at Very good reflects the high service support and sheer effort to make things right for us :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton New York Times Square hotel is located between Central Park and Times Square in Manhattan's Midtown business and entertainment district. Our Executive Conference Center has 11,000 sq ft of premium meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton New York Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton New York City
- Sheraton Hotel New York
- Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers
- Sheraton New York Towers
- New York City Sheraton