“Convenient to everything” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

You added Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 7th Avenue on 52nd Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Formerly Sheraton New York Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #247 of 457 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pasadena, Maryland
“Convenient to everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I lie this location very much audit is within walking distance of the broadway shows. The staff is always friendly and professional. I was able to secure a club level room with breakfast. The view from the room was spectacular.

• Stayed March 2014
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hello Bambijojo55,

I am so glad to hear that you had such an excellent stay with us. We try our best to go above and beyond and I am glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I think our location is the best for sightseeing the great city of New York. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time. It is a quick subway ride to everywhere in the city.

I am happy you truly enjoyed the spacious renovated rooms and great views of the city from the hotel. We are thrilled to hear your wonderful service comments our staff constantly provides great service daily and look forward to sharing your comments with our team.

Thank you and please ensure you do visit us again and spread the happiness!

Joseph Giordano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

You couldn't ask for a better location. This hotel is close to Times Square, Central Park and a subway stations that can take you anywhere you want. The beds are average. We did have an issue with a movie we rented from the in-room TV but they quickly reversed the charge on our bill. The one big dislike was the fact that the doors seem to have the LOUDEST door handles and locks I've ever heard in my life. The doors also have very little insulation around them....making the slightest noise in the hallway seem MUCH louder. I wouldn't say that this would prevent me from staying here again, but management should look into fixing this.

Thank you Sheraton for an awesome visit to the greatest city on Earth!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Editguy29,

Thank you for sharing your experience. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their service and experience with us! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay. We do apologize for the door handle and lock that you experienced in your room. Here we take guest feedback very seriously and will take into consideration all of your thoughts.

I think our location is the best for sightseeing located near Times Square, Central Park and Rockefeller Center and access to great shopping. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time it’s a quick subway ride to everywhere. We look forward to your next visit!

Warm regards,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Great location for exploring midtown Manhattan. Easy walking distance to theatres, restaurants, and shopping. Check-in was fast and the room was spacious and clean. Friendly staff. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello TorontoJonathan,

Thank you for submitting this glowing review. It's terrific to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew. Your kind words regarding the friendly check in service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square, Central Park and Rockefeller Center it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York.

We at the Sheraton New York Times Square are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Huddersfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Myself and my new husband travelled to NYC and the Sheraton in September 2013 and have just realised that I never wrote my review. Unfortunately I can't remember any names of people at the hotel but all the other details are crystal clear.

We arrived at the hotel about midday and although check-in was quite busy we didn't seem to have to wait long. The lady who served us (can't remember her name, sorry!) was absolutely lovely, really pleasant and wished us congratulations on just getting married. We had originally booked a King Room but our travel agent contacted the Concierge prior to our arrival to ask if he could offer us any kind of upgrade due to it being our honeymoon...and boy did he! We arrived at our room on I think the 30th floor and walked into the biggest suite I have ever seen! The bedroom was huge with 2 doors into it, a large dining table and chairs, a chaise longe and a flat-screen TV on the wall. The separate living room had a massive sofa, 3 lounging chairs and another flat-screen TV! However, the best bit was the view. As our room was on the corner of the building, we had windows round either side giving us 2 views of NYC, one of which was looking right down into Times Square itself - just amazing. We also got free Wi-Fi included which otherwise would have been a pricey extra at I think $14.99 a day. We only ate at the hotel one night ordering room service, I had the Club Sandwich with salad and chips and my husband had the burger - both absolutely yummy!

The Sheraton was a fantastic base from which to explore the city. We went to see the Lion King while we were there which was literally down the street at the Minskoff Theatre and we visited Central Park (one of my favourite places) which was up the street the opposite way, albeit a bit further but still within walking distance.

The Sheraton really helped make our whole stay just that bit extra special and provided the perfect base from which to fall in love with NYC. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone, especially. I would like to thank all the staff who were super pleasant and helpful and special thanks to the Concierge who really helped put the cherry on top of the whole experience.

Room Tip: We had no issues with noise at all but I guess the higher the floor, the less the noise and of cours...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Sislee,

Thank you for the great feedback regarding our newly renovated rooms and the great views of the city during your very special Honeymoon visit! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! It is so wonderful to hear that our Concierge Staff were able to make your stay with us even more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through. Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team.

It is great to hear that our central location added convenience to your stay. There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you would recommend us when coming to New York City. We look forwarding to seeing you again soon!

USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Pros:
-Great location, a short walk from a ton of restaurants, Carnegie Hall, Times Square, Rockafeller Center, and Central Park
-Friendly staff

Cons:
-Small room, even smaller bathroom
-For some reason, they felt the need to put a full couch in an already tiny room. It obstructs the window, so you can't really see down into the street
-Must pay for Internet - this is the 21st century already!

Room Tip: the higher, the better view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for submitting this review. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay. Our location is perfect to enjoy the great sights of the City.

The Ling located in our Lobby has complimentary access internet service available for our guest. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you and would love another chance to show you a great experience.

Middletown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

My families stay at the hotel went great. I used Starwood points for two rooms on 3/16/14 and used no other hotel services or mini bar items. I was shocked to find two separate $50 charges on my credit card. Do you know why that would have occurred? Since I received no statement or bill to my email acct I have no idea what these charges could be for. Thanks for your help.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tim N,

I apologize for all the challenges you had while visiting us recently but thank you for giving us this review so we can address all of your concerns.

I would like to arrange a time to speak with you directly to discuss all of your concerns and offer you some options that will help resolve the matter. Please contact me directly at (joseph.giordano@ Sheraton.com).

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was a fan of the Flatotel and was very upset when I find out they closed. I always stayed there, so I sadly started to research for others hotels in the city. My research took me to the Sheraton that is located in the corner that used to be the Flatotel. (52nd Street and Time Square. Bingo!...I called the hotel directly. The rate they gave me was great, they even told me they will give me a high floor with great views.They did it and also gave me free internet, just because,,,,

1-This is not a boutique hotel, the lobby it's big, big, big, it has a bar, an interesting shop, a restaurant, and a concierge desk, In a floor below there is a fitness and business center.

2-The elevators were the fastest I experienced in New York. The room was great, 39th floor, great view, confortable bed, great large TV, a little table with two chairs and a very clean white bathroom with a great mirrow and a lot of towels.

3-Very friendly staff, (with the exception of a grumppy old men that works in the concierge area) but who cares, the woman that works with him took care of us and was extremely helpful. Nex day the grumpy old man was in a better mood and help us find the theater, he even gave us a map.

5-This hotel have 2 or 3 employees that work outside the front door and their job is to find you a taxy. That, to me, was fantastic, I didn;t have to wait more than 2 minutes for a taxy. A luxury in New York.

Yes, I had a wonderful experience and I'll go back. Sheraton will become my home away from home. To tell you the truth it was much better than the Flatotel. Much better.

Room Tip: Go for a higher room, I was in 3902, it was a corner, great view but not to Time Squares.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hello Diazrigau,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review. I am very happy to hear how you enjoyed the great service of our Staff and making us your home away from home. I am happy you enjoyed our great views of our newly renovated rooms and the great comfort of the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper. We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew. We are happy our hotel met all your needs during your stay

We are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Joseph Giordano

Been to Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel? Share your experiences!