“Great Front Desk Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

You added Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 7th Avenue on 52nd Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Formerly Sheraton New York Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #246 of 455 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Great Front Desk Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had an overnight stay and was compelled to mention the check in experience. I was greeted with the warmest welcome from guest service agents Nicole, Molly and Shirnette. They expertly handled the check in line engaging every guest on queue including yours truly.

Across the lobby, the concierge team of John, Kendra and Mike were extremely helpful as well.

Personable staff and great customer service makes all the difference in a large convention hotel. It adds the element of warmth in a hotel where a customer can easily get lost in the hustle and bustle pace of New York City.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Hello JPC789,

Thank you for taking the time to give up a review and for acknowledging how enjoyable your Front Desk check in service was with us we look forward to sharing your comments with our Staff! It is so wonderful to hear that our Front Desk and Concierge Staff were able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay.

Thank you and please ensure you do visit us again and spread the happiness!

Warm regards,

Joseph Giordano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (710)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had a wonderful time at this Hotel. The woman who checked me in amazing and helpful, she gave me her name but I misplaced the piece of paper :(. I look forward to my next stay and this she radon in the NYC.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hello Chrisflany,

Thank you for submitting this glowing review. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! Your kind words regarding the friendly check in service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square, Central Park and Rockefeller Center it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York.

We at the Sheraton New York Times Square are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I stay often becuase of SpG but it's need of overhaul and staff needs retraining. I'm there every week and staff doesn't do anything to accommodate upgrades or even requests. The bathrooms are so small you can't sit on toilet without closing door first and then you still hit your knee. I've had numerous bad experiences with non helping bell hop people and security and baggage storage people are the worst. One redeeming is the concierge lounge staff I love.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hello TravelQueen15,

Thank you for offering us your review and guidance about your recent visit with us. I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the Security Staff during your stay, also your experience regarding the poor service response for our Bell Staff. Our Directors of Security and the Front Office have been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved.

On behalf of our team we apologize for your unpleasant experience while staying at the Sheraton New York Times Square and would love another chance to show you the experience you deserve.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel with my mum from the 16-21st Feb, it was booked as a package holiday with British Airways. We definitely were not dissapointed by our room, a little small but very comfy and cosy and the beds were amazing. The mini bar prices were very over the top but if you fancy snacks there are plenty of shops around to choose from. Whilst there we did not need an alarm clock as the building works next door started every morning at 7:30 sharp but that was not something the hotel could control. Our maid Hilneth Hunter was an absolute star, our room was spotlessly cleaned every day and she was a pleasure to chat with. The only things that let the hotel down were adding a huge $45pp booking fee to broadway tickets, book them direct with the box office and making you pay $4 a bag so you had some where to store your luggage! The Wardolf does not charge to store luggage!!! Overall we had an amazing time x

• Stayed February 2014
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Hello Minuth79,

There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! I am happy you enjoyed the comfort of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and our newly renovated rooms. We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew.

Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! It is so wonderful to hear that Hilneth was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! We are happy our hotel met all your needs during your stay!

Thank you and please ensure you do visit us again and spread the happiness!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Despite only staying for one night, the room I stayed in left a great impression on me. Although the rooms are small, they are also pretty cozy, and have a warm atmosphere. In addition, some rooms have a great view of the city.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Soxblue,

I am so glad to hear that you had such an excellent stay with us. We try our best to go above and beyond and I am glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I am happy you truly enjoyed the comfort of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper, spacious renovated rooms and great room views of the City. We look forward to your next visit!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We had recently (February 2014) stayed at the Sheraton NY Times Square hotel for 4 days with my husband. Our room was on the 49th floor. We had a King size bed which was comfy/firm but a little bouncy. The size of the room was great compare to other NYC hotel rooms. Bathroom was spacious, very clean, and comfortable. Room fridge had various drinks, and snacks as well as compact shaving kit, toothbrush, universal charger and adapter which I thought was very cool for international travelers. We had wifi included in our price but I don't think it's complimentary with all rooms. (We were on the preferred guest floor.) we had room service once and had the quesadilla which was delicious. Location is great. Only less than 5 min away from Times Square yet far enough from all that crowd and noise. Rockefeller center, 5th Ave only 5-10 min walk. Central Park 10 min walk away. My only issue was that the walls were pretty thin so if you had a loud neighbor you could hear everything. Other than that loved the Sheraton. Recommend it!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Laural_M75,

Thank you for the great feedback regarding our newly renovated rooms and the comfort of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square, Central Park and Theaters and of course great shopping.

There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you would recommend us when coming to New York City! We look forward to your next visit!

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Of course the location is perfect if you're coming to visit NYC.
This is a grand hotel and has all the attributes to it... great location, great looking lobby, good valet system, all facilities you need (incl. FedEx office).

Rooms: good size for NYC, if you're lucky to get a high-level room, you'll get an amazing view on the city! the air is quite dry due to the air conditioning, but that can be arranged with the room-service air humidifiers. The beds area really comfy and good.

Gym: good gym! pretty large and with a lot of equipment.

Lounge: the lounge is sort of hot and cold for me... I found it convenient as you get hot drinks all day... and some cereal bars and fruits... but the breakfast and snacks there are really cheap and disappointing (if you're not a fan - like me - of cheap bagels).

Overall great hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hello Travelholism,

I think our location is the best for sightseeing the great city of New York. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time. It is a quick subway ride to everywhere in the city.

I am happy you truly enjoyed the renovated rooms and the comfort for our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and also the great room views of the City of New York. We are thrilled to hear your wonderful service comments our staff constantly provides great service daily and look forward to sharing your comments with our team.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the Buffet and condition of our Club Lounge. Our Directors of Food and Beverage has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved. We look forward to your next visit.

Joseph Giordano

Been to Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel? Share your experiences!