“Location Location Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

You added Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 7th Avenue on 52nd Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Formerly Sheraton New York Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #247 of 457 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mississauga, Ontario
“Location Location Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed from Jan 15th-20th for 5 nights. Since I was already staying on a club floor I requested a better room since I knew the Hotel was not full for mid January. Since I'm only a Gold SPG member I thought they could do better but they claimed they had no suites left. I was also a little disappointed that it was our anniversary trip there was there was no acknowledgement from the staff or Hotel despite it being on our file and I emailed the separately in advance. I also found housekeeping to minimum unless you tip, when they finally changed bed sheets and dusted the room.
The location makes up for everything else.
Tip - for off price Broadway shows go the location at John & Front streets in Lower Manhattan and save your self hours waiting in line. They also sell matinee shows which the Times Square location does not.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Hello Richiboy,

Thank you so much for choosing the Sheraton New York Times Square for your Anniversary Celebration! I think our location is the best for sightseeing located near Times Square, Central Park and Rockefeller Center and access to great shopping. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time it’s a quick subway ride to everywhere.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the lack of service response of not acknowledging your Anniversary visit by our Front Desk Staff, also your experience with our Housekeeping Staff with the service during your stay. Our Directors of the Front Office and Housekeeping have been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved.

On behalf of our team we apologize for your unpleasant experience while staying at the Sheraton New York Times Square and would love another chance to show you the experience you deserve.

Joseph Giordano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My family and I spent 5 days in New York over Christmas and searched for a nice SPG hotel with comfortable adjoining rooms and a great location. After reading the reviews posted on the Sheraton NY Times Square, I hesitated to book our rooms there. My family and I suffer from allergies, and I had read that the rooms were dusty and the bathrooms had a moldy smell. The SPG representative I spoke with assured me that she would submit a written request to the hotel regarding our concerns. A few days before our trip, I spoke with a manager of the hotel who assured me that we would have adjoining rooms and that they would be spotless. We were warmly greeted by Alex at the reception desk, and without hesitation upgraded our rooms from traditional to deluxe, which gave us a better view. The rooms were small (as most are in NYC), but accommodating, and very clean and comfortable (as promised). The staff was friendly and the location was perfect! We will definitely stay at the Sheraton NY Times Square the next time we visit NYC.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello Elizabeth W,

Thank you for the great feedback there is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! It is so wonderful to hear that Alex was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square, Central Park and Great Shopping it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York.

We at the Sheraton New York Times Square are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Warm Regards,

Vilnius, Lithuania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

The reception at the SPG Platinum Desk was outstanding. Ms Seher Funk provided warm, genuine, simple, authentic and truly amazing reception to me and my spouse. We merely felt special and, individual. Nothing she did or said was corporate. It was simple small talk, heart-felt conversation, and such a grace.
Truly, that has made Sheraton brand in my eyes so much valuable. Yet, I think, employees like her are true gems.
Hotel, however, is in rather a convenient location, the rooms are clean and functional, and the guest services are always ready to assist. It's balanced for business, however, it served us well as a couple.
You should definitely give it a try, if you have not yet stayed in this hotel. We will definitely come back and we had our passion re-ignited for the brand at this hotel due to their wonderful staff members.

Room Tip: Top floor has small but cosy rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Hello Vaiduks,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Your kind words regarding the service of our Staff are greatly appreciated. It is so wonderful to hear that Seher was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through.

I agree our location is perfect being located near Times Square, Central Park, and Rockefeller Center with easy access to great shopping.

There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you would recommend us when coming to New York City and so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Warm regards,

Oakville, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

First of all, I would like to apologize for my overwrought review but I feel it may prevent someone else from going through the same bad experience. Please read it if you have time...

I would like to describe an episode that happened to us during a 3-day stay at the Sheraton in December 2013 that left us very disappointed with its Security Staff. During any trip, my wife carried a jewelry box with a few pieces that she uses during the day and another with more expensive pieces that she uses in special occasions. In this mentioned box among a Pandora bracelet, an onyx ring, a few silver pieces, there was a custom gold necklace with a pendant of the Holy Spirit, which is very dear to my wife. It was designed especially for her. We always keep this important stuff in the safe and this was exactly what we did. The day we were checking out, I opened the safe and gave this white Pandora box to my wife, and asked her to put it inside of her bag. Of course, before we head out I did another check in the room but missed the Pandora box. It was left in the room.

We packed the car downstairs and head out to Orlando, FL. Next day, after arriving in our hotel in Orlando, we realized that the box was missing. I called the hotel back right away. I was directed to talk to the Security of the hotel. The person, who I cannot describe as a gentleman, checked the lost-and-found log and dismissed me right away by simply saying, "it is not in our log!". The person did not offer any support or started an investigation. I insisted that they could at least send someone to check the room. He said that he would try as another guest might be already in the room. He told me that they would call me if they find anything. They never called then I decided to call again and had the same type of approach. They did not care... it was my loss... I contacted the Manager on Duty and explained to her the whole episode and she said she would take a look and send me an e-mail with the results. Same day I got her response which translated into the same answer I got previously from the hotel’s Security. Besides they have a way to know who cleaned the room after us, cameras and so on; I believe the hotel did not pay any attention or effort to find out what happened. As a Platinum Member of SPG, I contacted my Ambassador and told her this story. She contacted the hotel on my behalf and then things started moving. The general manager of the hotel contacted me and offered to do a more detailed investigation, a way for me to report the issue to the police in NYC and request the hotel's insurance to cover for the loss. He realized that his staff did not respond accordingly and with no compassion about our loss, which was beyond the monetary value, which was not much. Next day, the hotel's manager calls me again to inform me that they cannot proceed with the insurance claim and the only thing they can offer is 50000 points to my SPG account. Frankly, this made me even more disappointed. They say it took me almost 2 days to call the hotel... How could I call back earlier if we were driving south? How could we realize that the box was missing if our luggage was secure inside of the car? As soon as we unpacked when we reached our destination in Orlando and realized the Pandora Box was missing we called...

I want people to realize that they should be very careful with your important things in this hotel, not just things with monetary value but also things dear to you or to someone in your family. Do not leave your things unattended... Double check always your belongings before heading out, otherwise, you may end up like me and my wife who is still sad for (loosing???) her Holy Spirit necklace.

Yes there are positives about the Sheraton hotel but I will save my positive comments for another day. I decided to take my business somewhere else.

Sorry for the long story and take care!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hello Marcus-Oakville,

I apologize for all the challenges you had while visiting us recently but thank you for giving us this review so we can address all of your concerns.

First and foremost we would like to apologize for any unpleasant experiences you had with our Staff and Management during your stay.

I would like to arrange a time to speak with you directly to discuss all of your concerns and offer you some options that will help resolve the matter. Please contact me directly at (joseph.giordano@ Sheraton.com).

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I spent a week at this hotel. The service was great. The front desk was ok, but other departments (billing, room service, etc.) were much better (more attentive, care more about the customer's positive experience). The hotel's lobby is too cold over the winters and has limited seating. The room was too small compared to other manhattan hotels I stayed at. The in-room internet policy is a bit confusing. Overall, a good experience, but not sure if this hotel would be the top of my list.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hello TeamTakim,

Thank you for sharing your experience. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their service and experience with us! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team.

We apologize for the temperature and available seating during the busy time in our Lobby. Here we take guest feedback very seriously and will take into consideration all of your thoughts. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to New York.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

When I return to NY, I plan to stay at this hotel again. It is in a perfect location to enjoy the city. Walking distance to many locations and very close to the subway. It was a very clean hotel with comfortable beds! There are a lot of restaurant choices nearby too.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hello AngFromFL,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! I am happy you enjoyed the comfort of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and our newly renovated rooms. We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew.

Warm Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The location is perfect! Right in the middle of the city, just five mites walking to Broadway.

Breakfast is very expensive and there's not so much variety. The restaurant staff are often ignoring you.

Rooms are just average. You may be lucky and be allocated a room overlooking the skyline.

• Stayed December 2013
Hello Matteo Foti,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I think our location is the best for sightseeing located near Times Square, Central Park and Rockefeller Center and access to great shopping. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time it’s a quick subway ride to everywhere.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the restaurant experience during your stay. Our Director of Food and Beverage takes this feedback very seriously and has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved. On behalf of our team we hope you will return and give us another chance.

Joseph Giordano

Been to Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel? Share your experiences!