“Great spot!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

You added Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 7th Avenue on 52nd Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Formerly Sheraton New York Hotel) (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #272 of 464 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great spot!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I have probably stayed here more than two dozen times. Business trips, family trips and now a girls weekend. Location, access to subways, lobby facilities make it a great place. Would highly recommend!!!

• Stayed November 2013
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hello Amulbern,

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square Central Park and Great Shopping it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York. There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you would recommend us when coming to New York City! We hope to see you soon!

Joseph Giordano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (847)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel did the job, it was well located and had a comfortable bed. We didn't get to use any of the hotel amenities as we were only there for 4 nights. A very large hotel with some great views.

If I went again I would try a different hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Deewhyjoe,

Thank you for the great feedback there is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay. It is great to hear that our central location added convenience to your stay. Come visit us soon and share the happiness!

Alexandria Bay, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our stay was great! For some it might be too loud but we love vibrant loud cities and locations. Just two blocks from Times Square. Good customer service and the rooms were clean. I'd stay here again. Walking distance from major tourist attractions.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Hello Noemy1969,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square Central Park and Rockefeller Center it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York.

We at the Sheraton New York Times Square are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

.Warm Regards,

Charleston, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I could maybe say 3.5*

Stayed 3 nights here for a mother/daughter trip to New York. Chose this hotel for convenient location to many of our planned activities. The location did not disappoint. Easy walk to Broadway Theaters, Central Park and Times Square attractions.

It is a large hotel, but we were lucky in our arrival timing. Only 1 person in line in front of us. However, as we were finishing up with the front desk I noticed lots of people had arrived just after us so I'm sure they had a longer wait. I must say that the front desk personnel were incredibly nice and informative. The lady checking us in gave us the heads up that just removing things from the mini bar would automatically charge your card as it has a sensor on it and if something is removed for certain amount of time it automatically charges. I appreciated that since I was traveling with another mom and 2 young girls who could have easily decided to lay out everything from mini bar to alphabetize them or something while in any given 2 seconds that I turned my head.

The rooms are small, but about what I expect for NYC hotels.

As others have mentioned, the bathroom shower curtains must all mildew very quickly. I had read about this issue and thought surely it couldn't be that bad. It really is. There is no fan in the bathroom and the bathrooms are pretty small. It gives the entire bathroom a very sour smell that will drift into the room if you don't keep the bathroom door closed. This is one area that I think Sheraton must do something about. It's clearly not an isolated incident.

I knew ahead of time that Wi-fi and the gym were extra, but we didn't really have a need for either for this particular trip. They do have computers in the lobby where you can do airline check in and print boarding passes.

We were on floor 33. We didn't hear outside/street noise and the beds were comfortable. Housekeeping does start early. They were at our door each day by 8:30 am.

We were again met with friendly staff during check out. The staff is what makes this hotel.

If I were to book here again, I'd be sure to bring my own Febreeze!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Esgordon,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our Front Desk Staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the condition of the shower curtain during your stay. Our Director of Housekeeping takes this feedback very seriously and has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved. On behalf of our team we hope you will return and give us another chance.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

With the exception of 2 lovely members of staff , you are treated as we should be greatful for being allowed to stay in this hotel! Foyer toilets regularly used by people coming off the street to wash their feet/themselves.... The room itself was clean on the 19th floor, spacious enough and relatively quiet. Missing the hotel feel and staff giving the attitude that they are so fed up of the same questions and their expressions tell all!!! The 2 members of staff that really assisted us were really great and wanted to help us so thank you both.... I struggle to give an honest score for this hotel so , staff and services is poor, hotel facilities good.... Sheraton...could do a lot better

Room Tip: Get a high floor room for street noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hello Morhode,

I apologize for all the challenges you had while visiting us recently but thank you for giving us this review so we can address all of your concerns.

First and foremost we would like to apologize for any unpleasant experiences you had with our Staff and Management during your stay.

I would like to arrange a time to speak with you directly to discuss all of your concerns and offer you some options that will help resolve the matter. Please contact me directly at (joseph.giordano@ Sheraton.com).

McDonough, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Went to NYC for a conference and found this hotel to be a great location. The staff was very nice and the building in great upkeep. It was close to my conference and I found a deli - just a half block away that was perfect for breakfast and lunch.

Near times square and other famous sites and great restaurants.

The room was small but very nice - since I spent most of my time at the conference all I needed was a good internet, good bed and a good shower.

Will go back here next time I am in town.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hello Steve 4608,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team! I am happy you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper we are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square, Central Park and Great Shopping it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the city. We look forward to your next visit!

Rayleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed here in August for my daughters 18th birthday for five nights. Had a bit of a nightmare trying to organise a few surprises for her via phone & email with the hotel before we got there so was a bit apprehensive. When we got there my requests hadn't been followed through but before I could open my mouth to complain the wonderful gentleman at reception had upgraded us & promised most of my requests would be fulfilled within 24 hours.
The room on the 41st floor was spacious and spotlessly clean. We had a view of 7th Avenue from our window. No worries about the small pokey rooms New York are famous for. The safe wasn't locking but it was sorted out within 5 minutes of my call to the front desk! Every member of staff was polite & nothing was too much trouble.
Location is paramount with this hotel. Go right and you are at Central Park, go left and you are at Times Square. Close enough to everywhere but not so close that you are on top of everything.
The greatest thing about this hotel is its central location. We only needed a cab to go to Chinatown!

Room Tip: Rooms above the 31st floor & away from the elevators are the quietest!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello Aba1972,

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square Central Park and Great Shopping it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York. Come visit us soon and share the happiness!

Joseph Giordano

Been to Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel? Share your experiences!