“Great Location Central For Everything Especially Times Square!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

You added Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 7th Avenue on 52nd Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Formerly Sheraton New York Hotel) (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #272 of 463 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Location Central For Everything Especially Times Square!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is my second visit to NYC, this time I went with a friend for 4 nights.
We got a really good deal through Expedia and had a twin room.
When on holiday with my husband we usually book the club floor to gain access to lounge for breakfast free wifi, complimentary drinks etc, however I wasn't able to book this through expedia, I emailed the hotel and they said it wouldn't be a problem and we could upgrade to club when we arrived for an additional fee per person per night.
On arrival, I asked this was available and we were told that the club floor was full. The lady that checked us in was very nice, apologised and said that she would include complimentary wifi, I was happy with this.
The rooms were clean, the bathroom was slightly on the smaller side but that wasn't a problem as we weren't in the room apart from when we came back at night to sleep. I always think no matter what type of room you are in there should be complimentary bottles of water, there was none in the room, that's the only think I would have liked to see different.
The beds were super comfy and made a great nights sleep.
The hotel itself is in a fantastic location 2 minutes walk from Times Square. Close by there are lovely restaurants and bars. Every morning we ate breakfast at the Metro which was out the hotel turn right and it is 2 minutes walk.
The cab fare from the airport inc tolls and tip was round $80, a note I would like to make is avoid travelling back to the airport between 4pm-5pm the traffic is a nightmare and cost me $100, I will learn from that next time I visit. There are buses available and you can also get the train, we just jumped in a taxi as we had a long flight.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper is a wonderful product we are so proud to offer. With our plush comforter and super comfortable mattress guests are sure to get a well-rested night waking up feeling refreshed and re-energized.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square Central Park and great shopping it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the city in an economical way. Hope to see you soon!

Warm Regards,

Joseph Giordano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (845)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The location is good but not as good as other hotels in the heart of TS, such as the Marriott or the W. The hotel it self is an average Sheraton. Nothing fancy but every thing is clean.

The only thing I hated and made me feel in a cheap motel is one rude bellman ( I have the name if the management is interested ) who walked away laughing when I tipped him for bringing up the luggage! I tipped him $1 for each bag (3 bags) and it seems he didn't like it. I followed him to ask why was he laughing and he just ignored me and kept walking. I told him that this is not polite and that I should bring this to the management attention, he said yes go to the manager this is my name ...

I talked to the duty manager about this rude guy and she didn't seem to care that much. She apologized and told me that shy will talk ho him. I really expected an apology call from this guy or any nice gesture from the hotel, but nothing happened.

I read latter the Foursquare reviews on this hotel and found many reviews about rude staff members.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Mesh3L,

I apologize for all the challenges you had while visiting us recently but thank you for giving us this review so we can address all of your concerns.

First and foremost we would like to apologize for any unpleasant experiences you had with our Staff and Management during your stay.

I would like to arrange a time to speak with you directly to discuss all of your concerns and offer you some options that will help resolve the matter. Please contact me directly at (joseph.giordano@ Sheraton.com).

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel really takes care of its platinum members. When I checked into my room, I had more than enough snacks and refreshments awaiting me. This is always a welcome sight when on the road for work. Special thanks to Beca S!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Your kind words regarding the service of our Platinum members and the amenities in are rooms are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing it with our Team. It is so wonderful to hear that Beca was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through. We look forward to your next visit!

Warm regards,

Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The price that was got on this hotel amazed me. But the location was fabulous (if you are okay with the touristy areas). The hotel was very clean and the staff were incredibly helpful and professional. The room was spacious and neat. I would absolutely stay here again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello Anna S,

I am so glad to hear that you had such an excellent stay with us. We try our best to go above and beyond and I am glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I think our location is the best for sightseeing the great city of New York. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time. It is a quick subway ride to everywhere in the city.

I am happy you truly enjoyed the spacious renovated rooms in the hotel. We are thrilled to hear your wonderful service comments our staff constantly provides great service daily and look forward to sharing your comments with our team.

We at the Sheraton New York Times Square are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is ideally situated equal distance between all the lights and glam of Broadway and all the beauty and yes, ironically, peace (relatively speaking) of Central Park. We traveled here on a beautiful October weekend and got to experience both. Lucky us! I can't think of anything extraordinary about this hotel. We were treated with efficiency, not necessarily warmth, and the rooms were perfectly acceptable, but with no true wow factor. The major selling point is the location, which allows you to walk in every direction and enjoy spectacular New York City. The only negative I can think of is that the water pressure in the shower was disappointing. It could have been our room's location. I'm not sure. When I heard the shower next door go on, mine turned cold for a moment or two, but returned quickly. Still, that left a little to be desired. The highlight was a small gift of two apples and a bottled water thanking us for being SPG members. Little touches like that mean so much. And of course, the bed was comfortable, as always, with the Westin/Sheraton brand. The iLink lounge was bustling and kind of a fun place to check things last minute on line, especially since wifi is a ridiculous up charge which was annoying to say the least. But overall a comfortable and very convenient place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room with a view, if possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback October is a wonderful time to experience Central Park along with all the great sites of New York City. Your kind words regarding our amenities to our Starwood Preferred Guest Members are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing it with our Team. It is great to hear that our central location added convenience to your stay.
I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the shower in the room. Our Director of Engineering takes this feedback very seriously and has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved. On behalf of our team we hope you will return and give us another chance.
High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed three nights in October 2013. The taxi driver for the airport hadn't heard of it so had to make sure we knew where it was. The fare was $60 and it did take around 35 mins from JFK airport.

The hotel staff were extremely friendly and we were on the 27th floor, where the lifts were in a different location froth the rest of the floors. At least they had coffee and tea making facilities, so unusual for American hotels.

The hotel is so close to all the sights including Central Park. Not far to go for nice diners/restaurants. The first diner we chose for breakfast was ok...overpriced on Lattes though and the toilets were awful...will checkout the name and write a review. It was a few blocks up from the hotel heading towards the park, on a comer plot the same side at the Sheraton. Looked a nice American old fashioned diner, but wouldn't go again. We walked all the way to 9th Avenue to The Flame...beautiful breakfast....very cheap as well.

Would highly recommend The Sheraton Times Square...we paid £763 for 3 nights for two persons in a kingside room with free wifi. Am sure you can get it cheaper.

Room Tip: All are good, noise from street level can be heard even if high up
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team. It is great to hear that our central location added convenience to your stay. We are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Warm Regards,

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Good: pleasant front desk staff; clean rooms; GREAT location - near Times Sq and near most Subway lines
Bad: Internet at $14.95 unless you are premium spg member; main hall like a fish market as hotel seems to cater mainly to large groups / bus loads of tourists; mediocre service from support staff (e.g., bag storage room staff like grumpy post office clerks).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give up a review and for acknowledging how enjoyable your Front Desk service was with us we look forward to sharing your comments with our Staff! It is great to hear that our central location added convenience to your stay. Here we take guest feedback very seriously and apologize for any inconveniences caused by the baggage room Staff our Director of the Front Office has been notified. We would love another chance to show you a great experience.

Joseph Giordano

Been to Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel? Share your experiences!