“Great location and Super friendly staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

You added Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 7th Avenue on 52nd Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Formerly Sheraton New York Hotel) (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #288 of 464 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great location and Super friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was our 5th year at this location and have enjoyed every minute. We have witnessed the tremendous improvements over the last few years. The entire staff, from check in to housekeeping is friendly and accomodating. Don't hesitate to use the concierge, they were invaluable in some of our planning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ReputationManager, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review, There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! We are happy our hotel met all your needs during your stay! Your kind words regarding our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team. We look forward to your next visit!

Joseph Giordano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (944)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

the hotel is very good located, but when you arrive at the reception everything goes down, the receptionist welcomed us at 6pm, saying that the hotel was sold out,( we made the reservation 2 months before ) and the only room he could give us was a handicape room, first I didn´t want it, because some rooms are completely diferent for handicapes, he said that at that moment it was the only one he could offer us ?? and that it was a good room because it was renew,( as this was an opportunity ) the one i had confirmed said so, as we had tkts for the theatre and it was nearly 630pm, we agreed. he never mentioned what was in the hotel, that we had the coffe at the room for free, that there was a bar, anything ¡¡¡ we went to the room it was ok but the shower has not curtain, i called to ask for one and stayed 2 days without it ¡¡ the breakfast is very expensive for what they offer at the buffet ¡¡¡

Room Tip: i don´t know where could be a good room, because we had it at the 40th floor, but you could heard ev...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Our location is second to none! We are just close enough to Times Square and many NYC attractions but a few blocks from the hustle and bustle to give our guests some relaxation. On behalf of our team we sincerely apologize for the Front Desk experience during your stay our Director of the Front Office has been notified. We hope you will give us another chance to give you the best experience you deserve.

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My daughter and I recently stayed at the Sheraton, Times Square. We were in NYC for my daughter's 10th birthday. WOW! Joy, from the front desk, rolled out the red carpet for us. My birthday girl was thrilled when chocolate truffles and drinks were brought to our room. It made her feel so special! The hotel is nice and in a great location. My only complaint is the size of the bathroom. It's probably typical for NYC but quite small when you have 2 females trying to get ready in the morning. Regardless, I would stay here again. You just can't beat the location and service!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! It is so wonderful to hear that Joy was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through. It is great to hear that our central location added convenience to your stay. There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you will return on your next visit to New York City!

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The location is reallt stunning , away from the croweded area Times Square but in the same time you are in the middle of everything...yes , the best area in NYC. I was with my children in a vacation , it was really good to let them go out at any time without fear or being worry to lost their way...no way : ) the hotel at times Square in 7th Ave...nobody can miss.
Inside the hotel , rooms furniture and cleanliness expressed the high style of Starwood Chain...nothing to say more than Awesome rooms.
Service...excellent , specially the concierge and bill captain...however the numbers and volume of your luggage , they will help you to find the suitable yellow cab van to JFK...SO , DO NOT CALL A CAR SERVICE !!
Food...we did not have any food inside , even the breakfast...i had a chance to book my rooms without breakfast to have the low bottom price..being in that location worth to do anything to enjoy Manhatin day and night...and who needs to eat in the hotel while you have a wide variety with all kind of levels and taste , from sausage cart to fancy seafood restaurants passing with all famous chain of burgers and pizza.

Warnning : inside your room and above the mini bar , there is a drawer with a glass top to see the items through...take care my freind...do not pick up any item up because there is sensors down each item...if you pick up an item to just to take an innocent look , after 8 seconds the item price will be added to your bill...look through the glass if you want but do not touch if you will not in need. I picked up a universal wall plug for more than 8 seconds and return it on its place bcs it was expencive..unfortunately they counted in my bill as purchased...there was not a sign about that in my room but thanks God that i am here to warn all Tripadvisor members to avoid such trick : )
Why i did not give 5 ? the staff are rude and have no time for guest questions...just a quick breif answers without a smile , maybe bcs the hotel is huge and fully booked all over the year..better to them than accuse them excuse.
Last 2 tips : No disagnated smoking area...if you want to smoke you have to go out the building..yes , in the street beside the door. For luggage store , you have to pay $ 3.70 for each bag or laptop...whatever its size.

I wish you a pleasent stay....the hotel worth the money you will pay.

Room Tip: Better to have a room in the highest available floor with side of Times Square , the view is amazing...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ReputationManager, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Our location is second to none! We are just close enough to Times Square and many NYC attractions but a few blocks from the hustle and bustle to give our guests some relaxation. Here we strive for helpful and friendly service and we hope you will give us another chance to show you that. We look forward to your next visit!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have stayed in a number of New York hotels over the years. This particular hotel is one that I'd be happy to visit again. First, I arrived late on a Friday evening and was able to get the key to my room very quickly. Hotel staff during check-in was professional and very pleasant to interact with. This is a huge plus in my opinion having dealt with "B Team" late night hotel staff in other New York hotels in the past.

Finding my room itself was a bit of an issue. I didn't understand at first which elevator to take to my room as there is a large bay of elevators. And I was really tired after a long trip. I tried to ask the attendant sitting by the elevators for help, but he just waved me away when I tried to speak to him and told me that the elevators were over there. That was the most disappointing part of my stay - the elevator attendants were all around pretty unfriendly.

The room itself was quite nicely appointed and I found the bed to be comfortable. The size of the room was respectable by New York standards. Internet was not included in my rate which would have been a welcome addition. Despite being in the middle of everything, I found the room to be pretty well-insulated from outside noise. The location was pretty good especially if you are planning to do the theater thing. It also is pretty close to Times Square. Elevator attendants aside it was an enjoyable visit that I wouldn't mind repeating.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
ReputationManager, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff met all your needs during your stay! Our location is second to none! We are just close enough to Times Square and many NYC attractions but a few blocks from the hustle and bustle to give our guests some relaxation. There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you will return on your next visit to New York City!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I really enjoy staying at the Sheraton...they treat me so well there. I do have lifetime platinum status with Starwood so I am sure that is a part of it. It means I do get a lot of extras but I still think they do a terrific job.

Room Tip: As I mentioned earlier, I have starwood lifetime platinum but if you can access the lounge where the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff met all your needs during your stay! We look forward to your next visit!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel was lovely well decorated and clean. We stayed in a suite which was really roomy with great views overlooking Times Square. It is a really busy hotel and seems very popular. It is situated at the end of Times Square which is better because Times Square is packed - never seen anything like it in my life!

We arrived after a 10 hour transatlantic flight and our room was not ready at 8pm in evening, this was disappointing because we were exhausted but we given a key to the club lounge to wait until the room was ready, the views in the club lounge are breathtaking and it is a nice chillout lounge with papers, refreshments and computers. Also the food at the hotel was substandard and overpriced so I would recommend eating elsewhere. The irish bar directly opposite the hotel did fantastic food, i was very impressed and didnt expect it to be so good. There is also a deli at the back of the hotel selling lovely fresh food, fruit and smoothies.

All in all a great stay, a great hotel and a great holiday in New York. I am so going back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your review, and very glad to hear the great experience at our Club Lounge! On behalf of our team we sincerely apologize for your delayed check in our Director of the Front Office has been notified. Our location is second to none! We are just close enough to Times Square and many NYC attractions but a few blocks from the hustle and bustle to give our guests some relaxation. There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you will return on your next visit to New York City!