“My favourite hotel in New York” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 7th Avenue on 52nd Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Formerly Sheraton New York Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #240 of 454 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“My favourite hotel in New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I really enjoy staying at the Sheraton...they treat me so well there. I do have lifetime platinum status with Starwood so I am sure that is a part of it. It means I do get a lot of extras but I still think they do a terrific job.

Room Tip: As I mentioned earlier, I have starwood lifetime platinum but if you can access the lounge where the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ReputationManager, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff met all your needs during your stay! We look forward to your next visit!

Joseph Giordano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (679)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel was lovely well decorated and clean. We stayed in a suite which was really roomy with great views overlooking Times Square. It is a really busy hotel and seems very popular. It is situated at the end of Times Square which is better because Times Square is packed - never seen anything like it in my life!

We arrived after a 10 hour transatlantic flight and our room was not ready at 8pm in evening, this was disappointing because we were exhausted but we given a key to the club lounge to wait until the room was ready, the views in the club lounge are breathtaking and it is a nice chillout lounge with papers, refreshments and computers. Also the food at the hotel was substandard and overpriced so I would recommend eating elsewhere. The irish bar directly opposite the hotel did fantastic food, i was very impressed and didnt expect it to be so good. There is also a deli at the back of the hotel selling lovely fresh food, fruit and smoothies.

All in all a great stay, a great hotel and a great holiday in New York. I am so going back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your review, and very glad to hear the great experience at our Club Lounge! On behalf of our team we sincerely apologize for your delayed check in our Director of the Front Office has been notified. Our location is second to none! We are just close enough to Times Square and many NYC attractions but a few blocks from the hustle and bustle to give our guests some relaxation. There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you will return on your next visit to New York City!

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed with friends for a week here to discover the whole of "New York", first timer in the big apple. Overall a really good hotel, the location is great with a subway station on the same corner of the block. The rooms are actually a good size although the bathroom is fairly small/tight but we weren't there to stay in the room! Very clean, decent sized tv (didn't use it much), although we were out by 9-10 most days just watch out housekeeping come round very early (ie from 7) so put your do not disturb sign on the door before going to sleep. Maybe it was just me but the room doors seem to slam shut very loudly.

Times Square is a easy 5 minute walk "downtown", couldn't be any easier/closer without having a lot of tourists getting in your way. Central park is 5-10 minute walk "uptown" which is also worth noting as its a really place to go and check out. Remember to pack your running shoes. A lot of comments on a busy lobby... not that bad and not very important in our eyes as its a busy hotel.

The only negative things (not the biggest of things) were no free wifi in the rooms (only in the lobby), bar prices were steep but we drank at the many local bars within a block or two from the hotel, our safe played up but fixed itself by the final day, luckily we used the other room in the party. The lifts can be slow in peak periods.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to others and if the price is ok would stay here again if heading to New York.

Apart from the hotel I would highly recommend you get a unlimited metrocard (we got a 7 day pass) and get yourself over to the highliner, meat packing district, Brooklyn, Staten Island (free ferry), Roosevelt island, DUMBO, Noho, Soho, West village, Yankee Stadium etc. Such a great city by both day and night!

Room Tip: High as possible. Floors above 21st floor have more lifts.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
ReputationManager, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff met all your needs during your stay! Our location is second to none! We are just close enough to Times Square and many NYC attractions but a few blocks from the hustle and bustle to give our guests some relaxation. There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you would recommend us while visiting New York City! We look forward to your next visit!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

On a recent trip to NYC, I had the pleasure of being assisted by not one but two employees at check in. I was first assisted by Melody and subsequently by Edwin. In one simple word OUTSTANDING. They both went the extra mile. Apparently Melody was somewhat new to the registration desk and rather than just say NO, she asked her collegue Edwin for assistance. Check in was a breeze and Edwin got us the room we wanted! What a pleasure. I told them both that if a person could take time to complain that i lived by the mantra that good should be voiced equally. Great job guys, i look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to give up a review and for acknowledging how enjoyable you’re check in experience was with us! Your kind words regarding our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team. There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you will return on your next visit to New York City!

Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Tried to book this property on a highly publicized, discounted rate through their website. I selected the rate, hit reserve and it kept coming back with "you've been on this page too long, try your reservation again". So I call reservations, they say over and over again "that rate isn't in my system" call the hotel. Call the hotel, reservation staff is gone until Monday (well rate will be gone but I digress). Call customer service, same exact words as res staff. I offer to do a screen capture, and send the specific url. They refuse to look at it or notify their web team. I'm not done yet. By now I'm amazed at how indifferent they are to actually looking into it. Then I get a customer service person through social media who looks like they may help. Oh no, they've asked me to clear my cache - yes, did that. Then ask me to e-mail the url. I do so and they tell me it is for the wrong dates. Well yes it is! Because every time I hit reserve, it bounced me back to their default dates. You wanna know what their resolution was? Go find a AAA discount and get back to me. Not only will I go find a AAA rate but I'll book it with another hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. First and foremost we would like to sincerely apologize for the unacceptable service you experienced. That is absolutely not the norm for us and we would love to make things right with you. Please feel free to reach out to me via email at (joseph.giordano@sheraton.com) so that we can look further into your experience.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton Times Square. Really tired when arrived with kids and receptionst called JOY went the extra mile to help us and although we arrived early managed to get our room .
Well done , made us feel welcome.

Not sure hotel should charge to store luggage when booking out - seems a poor way to treat customers given how expensive the hotel is.

avoid the breakfast area - well overpriced and poor quality. Waiters seem disinterested suggest you find a local diner .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is so wonderful to hear that Joy was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through. On behalf of our team we sincerely apologize for the breakfast experience during your stay our Director of the Food and Beverage has been notified. We look forward to your next visit!

Danville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Great location, but that's the only thing that stands out. Room was nice...your usual, run of the mill room. Eat at Fluffy's Bakery around the corner and skip Carnegie Deli. We didn't have a bad experience there at all....actually checked in a couple hours early, which was nice. The price was a little steep, I thought, especially for a room that didn't stand out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Our location is second to none! We are just close enough to Times Square and many NYC attractions but a few blocks from the hustle and bustle to give our guests some relaxation. We look forward to your next visit!

Joseph Giordano

Been to Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel? Share your experiences!