My husband and I normally stay at the Marriott in New York (Eastside) as we are platinum members but the prices were very expensive at the time we wanted to travel. We got a good rate for this hotel on priceline.
We were impressed by this hotel and especially the customer service. It is an extremely busy hotel so you aren't getting that personalized service you would get at the Marriott but it was worth the price.
We arrived around 6pm on a Saturday night and requested a room on a higher floor and possibly a corner room (Murphy room) as I had read good reviews about them. We were served by Marcia who was wonderful. She tried her best to get us a Murphy room but there were none available. She upgraded us to a superior King room on the 48th floor. The room wasn't available at that time so Marcia gave us a voucher for dinner at the hotel restaurant. It was much appreciated as we had travelled from Seattle and hadn't had dinner yet.
The room was lovely and had everything we needed.
As most reviewers have mentioned the location is excellent. It is in between times square and central park.
We ate at the Halal Guys cart on 53rd and 6th a couple of times. Their food is DELICIOUS and a must while in New York. There is often a line for a reason. It is well worth the short wait.
Don't bother with the deli opposite the hotel. It is very expensive and nothing has prices on it. If you want a bottle of water, go to one of the local supermarkets / Pharmacies which are nearby.
We weren't able to get late check-out on the last day which meant we had to pay $3.75 per bag. If you want a fridge in your room you also need to pay for that.
The internet wasn't working one night in the lobby so we were given free wifi in our room for 24 hours without hesitation. Again, good customer service.
We would stay here again for the right price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton New York Times Square hotel is located between Central Park and Times Square in Manhattan's Midtown business and entertainment district. Our Executive Conference Center has 11,000 sq ft of premium meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton New York Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton New York City
- Sheraton Hotel New York
- Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers
- Sheraton New York Towers
- New York City Sheraton