“Nice place with a lot of patience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

You added Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 7th Avenue on 52nd Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Formerly Sheraton New York Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #246 of 455 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice place with a lot of patience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here a long time ago when I was much younger. In honor of the holidays, I just wanted to say what a great convention hotel this is. Twice I stayed here when I performed in the Macy's parade, me and a thousand other cheerleaders all in high school. Looking back as an adult, I have to say bless the hearts of the Sheraton staff for putting up with our shenanigans. This hotel is in a great location, close to everything you could possibly need, shopping, dining, the park, and the subway. We had an amazing corner room with great views.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if you love views.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Devon C, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
IndyRunner1984,

What a nice review to receive, it is so great to hear from one of our guests that has true memories at our hotel. We love knowing that we were a part of your holiday traditions and you still remember us! Thank you for such kind words and we would love to have you back one day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Sheraton New York Hotel is overall a nice hotel with a large lobby area right on 7th Avenue basically halfway between Times Square and Central Park. The double bed room was a little on the cramped side, but that was expected for New York City. Bathroom was also extremely small. Make plenty of time for checkout. The line was probably about 20 customers long when we checked out, and it took about 20 - 30 minutes.

Wireless internet is not free, but there are about 5 or 6 free computers in the lobby connected to a printer in order to print out boarding passes, show tickets, etc.

The biggest selling point is the location. Easy walk to Times Square, Central Park, Carnegie Deli, Rockefeller Plaza, the Modern Museum of Art, and it's right around the corner from David Letterman's theater.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Denro2,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to hear that our central location added enjoyment and convenience to your stay. We are glad you were able to utilize our Link Cafe and free WiFi.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at this property Nov.30-Dec.3 and was very pleased with everything. The room was typical size for New York which is adequate, not large, but very nice. It seems as if it had been remodeled recenty. There were just two of us and we had plenty of room and it was clean and comfortable.

Check in went smoothly for us, the room was ready when we arrived, but it was close to 3:00 which is check in time anyway. The location was great because we were there for the Broadway shows and Times Square shopping and restaurants. It was a short walk to most everything we needed and there was a subway just across the street.

They had room service which seemed very expensive, but the food was excellent as was the service. There were restaurants and a Startbucks in the lobby. I would definitely stay here agian.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SunfunAtlanta,

It is so nice to hear that you were pleased with everything during your stay with us! Our goal is always happy guests, and it looks like we have succeeded. We are glad you were treated with friendly and helpful service and we are glad you will be back!
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I spent 2 months searching for a place to stay in NYC for a week-long trip in Oct 2012. We finally settled on Sheraton because 1. it was close to central park which was a priority for us and 2. it was a Sheraton property which gave us some reassurance in the quality of the hotel.
We were not disappointed on either counts. The location is spectacular Central Park and Columbus circle are minutes away and really made us feel like we were staying in the center of Manhattan without the horrible rush at Times Square (even though that is walking distance as well). Service was as best as they can do for such a large hotel. No complaints at all about anything. The only con is that it lacks a personal touch but that is expected in this kind of set up. We had a deluxe room and were happy with the size but I imagine a normal sized room may have been a bit cramped. Still that's the norm with NYC hotel rooms.
Concierge was helpful and room service was quick so over all good experience. Slept well in the rooms. We had read about long check in lines, noisy floors and bad maintenance but experienced none of that! In fact the hotel has been recently renovated and looks lovely.

Room Tip: Believe the higher floors have a better view...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
jasreenmayal,

It is great to hear that you were totally satisfied with your stay! As you said, we are so close to Central Park along with several other popular sites and attractions. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and renovation, we love our new look and feel! Please come back soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton while attending a conference nearby. I got there very early in the morning and they were unable to get me a room, but promised to do their best to find a room for me as soon as possible. Indeed, after leaving my luggage and getting something to eat, on my return I got the keys to my room, up on the 38th floor. The room was great! Very big and spacious, extra-comfortable bed, lots of space to put your things on, clean and tidy and feels very fresh.
Staff was always very attentive and helpful, and the bar at the lobby is also OK.
The location is definitely a big plus, a couple of blocks from Central park and a short stroll to Times Square, this is really one of the best locations in Manhattan.
Enjoyed my stay and will definitely come again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
yaniv_72,

Thank you for reviewing our property. We love to hear that our staff was as attentive and helpful as possible. Our number one goal is guest satisfaction and we loving knowing we succeeded. Come back and visit us again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I recently stayed at the Sheraton New York in a trip that was half business/half family. Everyone knows how hard it is to find a hotel that accomodates both! Bradley Cocklin and Jeff Green went above and beyond to make sure my stay was perfect. Joy at the front desk even took the time to get coloring books when my kids arrived and arranged for them to have an ice cream treat. The location is perfect for families, an easy walk to Times Square, Central Park, Rockerfeller Plaza and 5th Avenue shopping. And for further locations, it was always easy to catch a cab. While this property has always been a no-brainer for me for business travel, I'll certainly come back with my family to enjoy the city and recommend this property to my co-workers and friends. I'm not sure how many stars this hotel I can tell you that you'll get five-star service!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
kmalkra,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We love hearing about great experiences like yours, our team members are a true example of what we strive for everyday, friendly and genuine service. It is wonderful that you were able to incorporate your family into your business trip, that is what we are all about!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have stayed at hotels who made me feel like it was my honor and priviledge to be there. As a fresh turnaround, the associates at the Sheraton could not have been more accomadating and friendly. The room had all of the ammenities I needed to make my stay more than enjoyable. In the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, "I'll be back".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Daniel S,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! It is great to hear how our staff made you feel appreciated and welcome at our hotel. Our staff really cares for our guests and we love to see it show. We hope you will stay again soon.

Been to Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel? Share your experiences!