“Hot Room (and not the way you like it)” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel to your Saves list
The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   790 7th Avenue at 51st Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Limited Offer Save 15%
Ranked #333 of 451 hotels in New York City
“Hot Room (and not the way you like it)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I am in my room at the Manhattan at 11pm, and my room is very warm. my room was very warm so I turned the air conditioning on a couple hours ago and it appeared to be broken. I called the front desk and they told the that the air conditioning system has been turned off for the winter, but they would be glad to send someone to my room to open my windows - which over look 7th Ave! This is ridiculous - either sleep in a hot room or listen to cars and horns all night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brendan M, General Manager at The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Waitte,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience at the Hotel. I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable experience you had at the Hotel because of the temperature in the room being too hot and for the manner in which your request was handled. Please know that corrective action has been taken based on your comments. Please contact us if there is anything else we can do for you.

Yours In Hospitality,

Brendan Moraes- General Manager

1,372 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Oak Park, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Based on the reviews I read I was anxious that I had made a bad choice, but the Manhatten hotel -Times Square was a great choice. The location can not be eat. We were able to walk to Rockefeller Plaza, Radio City Music Hall, Times Square and Central park. It is one block away from a subway station. There is no in room wi-fi. but we did not find it to be a problem. The computers in the lobby were available at various times during the day. Staff was helpful Two week after Sandy we had alot of questions about what was or wasnt happening and staff was great. . We got a double bed room. It was clean and in good shape. If you want a quiet room , no outside or hall noise ask for 2129, it was a great room.

Maplewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

After reading reviews, I had low expectations for this hotel - it far exceeded those expectations. Tired, yes. In need of maintenance, yes. But immaculately clean, a modern and open lobby, pleasant service and reasonably priced.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The excellent location and helpful friendly staff at the ManhattanTimes Square make staying at this hotel a great way to spend your time in the city that never sleeps. Walk to all the great shows, shop 5th Ave, walk to central park, and Radio City is only 2 blocks away! Didn't eat at the restaurant and the property was a bit dated, but the rooms were OK, simple & fairly clean. The staff did everything they could to accommodate us and all our requests and the Theater Concierge (Rachael) got us some great last minute fabulous seats to Mary Poppins!

Indaiatuba, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

location excellent,room poor,old ,not good,staff was ok internet wifi free only in looby,the breakfast expensive and not good.all hotels in times square are very expensive,.but this hotel could be a little more cheaper.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here while relocated due to Hurricane Sandy. The room was old and antiquated, with a broken a/c and heat system that never worked. Spotty Internet only available via Ethernet for an outrageous $15/day. Security was weak - the guard let anyone in and never checked room keys. Worst of all, the service staff seems personally offended that they would have to do anything at all, endlessly transferring between desks if you call for anything. The laundry service is crazy expensive and they lost our clothes until we demanded them at checkout - and the manager refused to speak with us about it. Definitely not recommended, you can do a lot better for the price.

• Stayed November 2012
Brendan M, General Manager at The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Eactress 1,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience at the Hotel. On behalf of the entire team at the Hotel please accept my sincere apologies for the unfavorable experience you had during your recent visit to the city. I want to assure you that this is not the type of service we pride ourselves on delivering to all our guests. Please know that we deeply value your business and want to restore your confidence back in our Hotel. I invite you to contact me directly if there is anything I can do further as there is nothing more important than regaining your loyalty and trust.

Yours in Hospitality,

Brendan Moraes
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed here 2 days after hurricane Sandy - great location, staff friendly and very helpful, rooms clean, beds comfortable. My only concern is I am claustrophobic and can't use the elevators - I thought the stairs would be right next to the elevators - but they were not!! Each time I wanted to go up at night or come down in the morning I had to contact the friendly security people who would let me in and out of the building (next street) and I would have to walk round to the front of the building to meet the rest of my family. I guess you could say thats the price I have to pay for having a phobia!! But as I've said it was a great location.

Room Tip: Request a low floor if you can't stand elevators!!