“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Affinia Shelburne

Save Saved
You added Affinia Shelburne to your Saves list
Affinia Shelburne
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   303 Lexington Ave, New York City, NY 10016 (Formerly Shelburne Murray Hill) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Special $279 Weekend Rate
Ranked #97 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last week and I can highly recommend it. We had booked a studio deluxe room and on arrival we were offered an upgrade (for an extra fee) we decided to check out our room first. The studio deluxe was more than large enough. The hotel is very clean and well maintained and the all the staff we spoke to were very friendly and helpful.
On our last day we were able to leave our luggage at the hotel whilst we did some last minute shopping after checking out.
The hotel is situated in a good location of the city for easy access on foot to most of the major tourist locations and for Grand central station for further must sees down town.
If it's within your budget, stop looking at other hotels and book this one, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
DREPAUL, General Manager at Affinia Shelburne, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Bissquit,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing a great review with a STUNNING picture of the Empire State Building from our open air Roof Top which is open all year round. I am so glad that you had the time to visit the Roof Top and take some pictures of the midtown skyline. Our room categories include Deluxe Studios and Deluxe One Bedrooms which are available for only a few dollars more and offer great value! Our location is ideal for sightseeing, shopping, dining and more without the crowds of more touristy areas of the city.

George Drepaul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Turkish first
Sydney,Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Just finishing a 9 night stay at the Affinia Shelburne. Located on 37th and Lexington the hotel is in a great location. I had a 1 bedroom suite which included a small kitchen. Room was very quiet and the kitchen allowed me to make breakfast and snacks when I wanted to. Coffee supplied daily and with delis and corner stores nearby the cost of the room is offset by the opportunity to save some money on meals. I was here for business and the hotel is near the office. Having a quiet room ensured I slept well and did not suffer the dreaded jet lag from the long trip from Sydney. I would stay here again

Room Tip: I was on the 13th floor facing 37th street so room was quiet
Green Features: They support environment and I was able to use same towel when I wanted to
Dear ScottsComments,

I certainly hope I can welcome you back very soon. Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of your 9 night stay. I could not have expressed the value and benefit our Deluxe One Bedroom Suites better than you did! Available for only a few dollars more than our standard rooms, our Deluxe accommodations offer a spacious pantry and Kitchenette to give you flexibility when it comes to preparing meals and snacks during your stay.

Europe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Check in at Affinia Shelburne was slow and not very welcoming. The man at reception received all the time -while checking us in- telephone calls and could clearly not multi task. Also on other occasions reception staff was not that facilitating. Rooms are nice (light colours, very comfortable beds, bathrooms somewhat old fashion). There is a good gym (three treadmills, 2 bikes, weights, balls etc). Breakfast could be used in the restaurant next door (not included). Internet is only (for free) available in the lobby (not in the rooms). The hotel lobby is very dark which gives the place a somewhat sinister feeling.

Dear JAEMH,

I appreciate your detailed feedback from the recent stay you spent with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our spacious and clean rooms with modern décor. Our fitness center is recently renovated and fully loaded with the latest equipment. We are proud to offer WiFi at no charge in our Lobby as well as other complimentary amenities such as our nightly Wine Hour, custom made Republic bike rentals, our breath-taking Roof Top, Experience Kits and 6-Choice Pillow menu. I will look into the details of your Front Desk experience; it does not reflect the high standards we strive for with each and every guest interaction. I hope that you will contact me directly at gdrepaul@affinia.com.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Resisted writing a review after a two week stay at the shelburne last year as we arrived just before hurricane sandy and spent 6 days without power in the hotel. So my review would have been biased although the hotel was amazing. Thus... Returned this year to do it all again. Shelburne, I love you. I don't really want to say this because everyone else will want to stay there but honestly... Apart from the death trap "bath/shower" in 1215, you are the best. Considering this hotel is busy, the mere fact that so many of the team members, doormen to front desk and housekeeping remembered our group from last year was wicked. Well done affinia shelburne. See you next year :-) you beat hell out of the miserable 7th ave property!!

Dear SadTravellingOnMyOwn,

Thank you so much for returning to stay with us! We want to remain your destination of choice in NYC. I appreciate your wonderful comments about our hotel and the people that make it great. I look forward to seeing you next year. Hopefully we can meet in person at Wine Hour. I would like to personally thank you for your loyalty.

Newton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I truly enjoy staying at Shelburne. It is a great business hotel. Very professional, convenient. I will surely stay at this hotel many many more times in the next business trips. Thank you Shelburne .

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DREPAUL, General Manager at Affinia Shelburne, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear IsaTerzi,

I am overjoyed by your fantastic review. Our central location in Midtown is just a few blocks from Grand Central Station where you can connect to almost every subway line in NYC. Our close proximity to copious area businesses makes our hotel a great choice for business travel. We offer special rates to repeat Business Travelers known as our Business Perks program and you can contact Lourdes at our Sales Office 646.424.2600 at any time for more information. Our Lobby features a convenient business center that is helpful for last minute changes to presentations and printing. I hope to see you at the next Wine Hour!

Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This hotel is in a pretty good location - walking distance to metro etc.

We found the rooms big by NYC standards, though in serious need of an update. For instance, shower was a bath tub that had a shower curtain... Seriously? Haven't seen one since circa 1990! Plus the grout needed redoing, tiles were chipped etc.

The room was clean enough - but for a property claiming to be 4 stars it was not up to scratch.

They seem to have renovated the lobby and painted over the wallpaper in the halls... but aside from a few bandaid fixes the property hasn't been kept up to date.

Free wifi in the lobby was good - but it was pretty frustrating it was only in the lobby.

Room Tip: Try the courtyard by marriot herald square - rooms are smaller but if you're happy to sacrifice...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MCM101,

I appreciate that you took the time to post a review. I am delighted that you found our rooms spacious and clean. Our rooms are larger than most NYC apartments. Our Murray Hill location situates us in an authentic NYC neighborhood that is close to Grand Central and all the action of Midtown without the noise. I would like to speak with you directly about the experiences you had during your stay as they do not reflect the high level of standards and service and quality that is to be expected when staying with us. I hope that you will consider contacting me directly at gdrepaul@affinia.com. I hope to hear from you and be able to invite you back.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We chose the hotel because its proximity to Grand Central and the availabitliy of two queen beds in the room. The hotel surpassed all our expectations, from the decor to the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Dr. Dwight G,

Thank you for sharing a post about your stay. What a fantastic review, we appreciate your perfect rating! I am so pleased we were able to help you make the most of your trip to New York City. We are very fortunate to be in a great area of Midtown with great shopping, dining, and Grand Central. Our hotel features spacious Guestrooms, Studios and One Bedroom Suites and each of these 3 room categories are available with two Queen beds. I hope to welcome you again in the future.

George Drepaul

Been to Affinia Shelburne? Share your experiences!