“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The staff really went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. When we arrived on an overnight flight, our room was ready first thing in the morning (early checkin - 8am). Wine hour was great...room was good size (1 bd suite), location was great (not too loud outside)... comfortable... I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Stayed in 1019 (corner unit) and room (1 bd suite) was quite large.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear tyrelb,

What a pleasure to read your glowing remarks. I appreciate the time you took to leave us your feedback on Tripadvisor. Everyone working on our hotel team is engaged in providing genuine and attentive service to each and every guest. Our goal is to be your destination of choice in NYC and we know that customer service is what creates that special connection. Wine Hour is a lively event that happens daily in our Lobby and brings everyone together to mix and mingle over great wine. Our Murray Hill neighborhood is just far enough away from the crowded streets of more touristy areas, giving our guests a genuine feel for NYC.

George Drepaul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I can afford any hotel room.. but I really have only two requirements for a hotel room when travelling on business. A door that locks and hot water for a shower.

Just spent $300 (with tax) for a room a the Affinia Shelburne on Lex in NYC and the door locked nicely, but the heat was luke cool when it was 30 degrees F outside and the hot water in the shower wasn't.

I won't stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear BostonCigar,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I also would like to acknowledge your Amex Traveler status and being a part of the growing network of Amex Card holders that have visited and reviewed our hotel. Our entire team appreciates hearing every word of feedback we receive from all guests. Guest feedback allows us to rejoice great achievements and reflect when there are disappointments. The comfort of our guests is paramount. I sincerely apologize that you did not have a comfortable experience. I am reviewing your feedback as the details are unacceptable and fall well short of the standards we commit to upholding. I hope that you will contact me directly as I would like to personally invite you to return. My email is gdrepaul@affinia.com and my phone number is 212.689.5200.

Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The hotel's location is perfect. the rooms are clean and beds are very comfortable. And what makes it a truly memorable experience is the helpfulness of the front desk clerks. I want to especially mention Francelle who helped me beyond her duty.

Room Tip: there is a limited number of rooms with two beds.. make sure you book those early
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear upairka,

I am elated to read your fantastic review! There is a distinct joy I feel when I read your high praise of our Front Desk and special recognition of Francelle. Each member of our team, whether at the Front Desk, Front Door, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Security or the Restaurant, is acutely focused on providing genuine and attentive service that will create a connection with you. Francelle is a wonderful example of our service commitment. Our rooms are all very generously sized, well appointed and spotlessly clean. Our convenient location is ideal within Midtown and steps from the Empire State Building, Grand Central and even the East River Ferry.

Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Loved it. Comfortably, cool, convenient and fun!
I was there for work but want to return for fun:). Stylish, clean comfy rooms, great room service and yummy restraint downstairs. Staff is top notch, friendly and efficient.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kpaigethomas,

What a joy to read your phenomenal review! I want to also recognize your Amex Traveler status and being a part of the exciting new network of Amex Card members on Tripadvisor that have stayed with us and written a review about their experience. Our staff is dedicated to creating a lasting connection with each guest of the hotel. Genuine and attentive service is something that we instill in all of our daily activities. I am so glad that you felt that connection. Rare Bar & Grill is certainly delightful and conveniently located in our lobby.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is a beautiful place to stay. The entrance is dramatic. The rooms were spotless & smelled great. The service was exceptional. The Empire State Building was right out our window. It was a safe and lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Mrs. Patricia D,

Thank you for your review. Affinia Shelburne takes the warm attentiveness of staff and the general cleanliness of the hotel, extremely seriously. Thank you for noting the spotless, pleasant smell of your suite. We pride ourselves on a welcoming, friendly environment and I am so happy to hear that you received superior customer service while staying with us. Our rooftop is known for amazing views of the Empire State Building and I am thrilled that you had time to experience all that our hotel, and the city, has to offer.

I hope to see you again soon!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Great location close to everything, but not in the middle of everything. Quiet, good food and drinks. Very pleasant neighborhood. Rare has great food. The hotel staff is very friendly, courteous, helpful.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear tee0207,

I am thankful for the time you took to write a review of your recent stay. It is a pleasure to know that you selected our hotel for it’s convenient location. I am glad that your family visit went so well and that we were able to be a part of it. I hope that our hotel remains your destination of choice in NYC. The Murray Hill neighborhood we are situated in offers an authentic NYC feel and it conveniently close to Grand Central, premiere shopping, museums and Broadway theaters, as well as the Empire State Building. We’ll save you a place at the next Wine Hour, see you soon.

Rumson, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We recently stayed at the Affinia Shelburne. Jeff provided great service at the front desk. Our room was clean and spacious and the beds are extremely comfortable. The one bedroom suite is very large, and we would definitely go back. The hotel was a pleasant surprise and a great location.

Dear jen2296,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that the staff, particularly our Rooms Director, Jeff Egol, provided you with amazing, customized customer service. We pride ourselves on a warm friendly environment at Affinia Shelburne and I am so pleased that you felt comfortable while staying with us. Jen2296, we love hosting repeat guests so please join us again upon your next visit to the city!

See you soon and best regards.

George Drepaul

Been to Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel? Share your experiences!