“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #90 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Cerritos
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was the right place, at the right location for the right price. I would definitely recommend and stay again. The food at Rare was fabulous and the folks in the bar friendly and efficient. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Mrs. Diane F,

We are grateful for your glowing review. I think you mentioned all the right things! Rare Bar & Grill serves up delicious food with friendly service to enhance your hotel stay. The Rare View Roof top bar is also now open and everyone can enjoy a refreshing drink while posing for a picture in front NYC’s famous skyline. Thank you for your recommendation.

George Drepaul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Turkish first
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

4 of us, mom,dad & 2 teens just stayed 6 nights at this hotel. We had a one bedroom suite with a small kitchen. Overall we enjoyed our stay and thought it was good value. The rooms are large and nicely finished. We had no noise issues. The location is convenient to different neighborhoods and coffee/breakfast options for the morning. The staff were friendly & helpful. The layout of the room worked for us. It is helpful to have a small kitchen to keep some drinks cool and snacks available. To help you plan; there is a small fridge, microwave, 2-cup coffee maker and small sink. We did not make any meals in the kitchen but it was convenient to have. We did not have great success with the coffee maker. The small washroom is off the bedroom. The hotel will send you emails about ordering pillows etc. none of our requests were filled however. That does not stop me from recommending the hotel, just a note to the manager. Also they kept the sofa bed made up in a bed everyday which was inconvenient for that mid afternoon respite. We probably could have requested the bed be turned into a sofa but did not... The rooftop bar was a fun place to go for a late night drink. We would stay at this hotel again and would recommend to friends, especially if traveling with children and wanted the space at the rate offered.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear VancouverFamilyof4,

I am delighted your whole family enjoyed your hotel experience with us. For only a few dollars more, our Deluxe rooms are available in suites and studios and offer a modern and functional kitchenette to enhance your stay as you noted. I appreciate your feedback about the pre-arrival order requests and I will follow up with my team as this does not reflect our commitment to excellence. Please join us again soon.

Sorocaba, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I spent some time in this hotel for business trips and was warmly received and got very nice rooms.
The location is awesome, being close to many important turistic points of NYC (Empire State Building, Grand Central Station, ONU Building, Times Square, etc).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Marlon_Grando,

Making our guests feel well received is something we do for from the moment you walk through our doors. I am so pleased that you felt our hospitality and left satisfied with your experience. Our rooms are spacious and clean with a modern design. Our great location places us close to major midtown sites like the United Nations, Grand Central and more.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have stayed at the Shelburne many times. I return because it is in a quite neighborhood, and the building has particularly quite interior rooms - hard to find in New York. On my recent visit I discovered that the hotel has added a rooftop bar which sends loud thumping bar music into the rooms. I won't return, and I no longer recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Wayne J,

Thank you for your loyalty and continuing to come back to stay at our hotel. While our roof top bar did just recently reopen for the summer after being to closed to fix a few things, loud music is not something that is reflective of our commitment to a restful and enjoyable stay. Please contact me directly so I may personally invite you back at gdrepaul@affinia.com.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The staff were helpful and friendly. When I had difficulty printing a board pass the desk clerk went out of her way to get it done. The location was convenient for trips both up and downtown. The room was ample for the three of us. Very clean and tiddy every day. For the price it was excellent and we would certainly return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DREPAUL, General Manager at Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Andy M,

I am so pleased that our team made this family trip one to remember. Our staff is warm and genuine and helping to print your boarding passes is just one example of doing whatever it takes to make it happen for our guests. Our housekeeping team will love reading your feedback, they keep us sparkling. With Grand Central just a few blocks north of us, getting around NYC is easy and convenient. I look forward to seeing your family back for a second visit soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I booked the Affinia Shelburne for its location, cheap rate, rooftop terrace, and decor. I was not at all disappointed. The staff takes care of you from the moment you walk in. I never experienced long waits for the front desk. I read about noise problems from other guests, so I was concerned about that, but I had a room away from the elevators, so that was really helpful; I never heard any other guests while I was there -- slept like a baby! The rooftop terrace is absolutely amazing, from the view, to the size of the terrace, and it's a very popular place. Would highly recommend to anyone staying in Midtown who wants to be slightly outside the chaos of the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Jean I,

Your review is fantastic and I appreciate what you wrote. So glad that you slept so well! Our Affinia Signature Bedding is supremely comfortable. Our rooftop, now open, is stunning and the perfect place to take pictures and enjoy a refreshing drink overlooking the Big Apple.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I chose the Shelburne because of its wonderful rate (and its trip advisor rating). I didn't expect perfection but it was very close to what I got. We had a king room on the 7th floor and noise was not an issue. The bed was among the best I have slept in. The bathroom is small but very clean and the lighting was great. Our room had a fridge and coffee maker. It wasn't a huge room but it was a good size for the two of us. I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff were welcoming and very helpful with questions asked.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear MiamiLuvtotravel,

We can’t wait for you to return! We want all of our first time visitors to leave knowing that they have found a destination of choice to stay in NYC. Our Best Rate Guarantee will ensure when you book directly with us your rate is guaranteed to be the best available. Our team will appreciate reading your generous compliments about the service you received.

George Drepaul

Been to Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel? Share your experiences!