My family and I had a wonderful stay at this lovely hotel earlier this month. We enjoyed our week-long stay so much that for our four-day stay later on after a trip to DC, we cancelled the existing reservation at another hotel and came back to Affinia. It was like coming home!
Great location: Only a couple of blocks to Grand Central station, plenty of breakfast options on Lexington Avenue. In fact, Times Square, Rockefeller Centre and 5th Avenue are a leisurely walk away. Its easy to get everywhere, yet it is away from the tourist hustle and bustle.
Rooms: Very comfy beds, divine pillows, good-sized rooms, the shower was great with plenty of piping hot water. Quiet, we couldn't hear any noise in either of the rooms we stayed in. One didn't have any view, from the other we could see Lexington Avenue and Empire State Building at an angle.
Service: Friendly front desk staff, dealt with a couple of issues regarding the air conditioner (which was noisy) and blinds (which couldn't be lowered) very promptly. The doormen are all polite and pleasant. There is wine hour from 5pm to 6pm in the lobby, and while we unfortunately were not able to participate, it is a nice gesture. Even after I had booked the hotel, and emailed regarding a couple of queries, I got prompt replies that made me feel I had made the right choice. And after our stay, I must say I'm happy I picked Affinia Shelburne.
Only con I could think of is: No free wi-fi in the room. There is free wi-fi in the lobby, but free wi-fi in the room should be a given, in this day and age. It'll be a great addition to the facilities.
There was no breakfast included in the price. While it is not a deal-breaker to me, it does save a lot of time and is a good start to the day if it is provided.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Affinia for a great stay in the Big Apple, and would return to this gem when I visit New York again. In fact, I would never stay anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm. Inviting. Social. Just right for a relaxed city stay. You love action-packed places. But some privacy when you need it. You want a happy medium, an opportunity to be social in a cool environment. Enter the Shelburne NYC, with its warm-toned interior design and homey common areas. Tucked into laid-back Murray Hill, a few blocks from Grand Central Station, it's just right for guests who like to pop down on the train for New York nights with a relaxed vibe. Come kick back, check out the views-and go up to the rooftop while you're at it. Join us nightly for a glass of red or white at our complimentary Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Shelburne NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Shelburne Hotel New York City
- Sol Melia New York City
- Shelburne Murray Hill Hotel
- Affinia Shelburne New York City
- Shelbourne Hotel New York
- Shelbourne Hotel Nyc
- Shelburne Murray Hill New York