My family and I stayed at the Affinia Shelburne for three nights over the Thanksgiving Weekend in a one bedroom suite. We were ultimately very happy with our stay and plan to go back.
Some of the positives:
-Huge Room! The one bedroom suite lived like an apartment with a spacious living room and large bedroom. Room 1119 had a spectacular view of the Empire State Building.
-Comfortable Lobby! The lobby and common areas made it feel more like a private building than a chain hotel.
-Great Location! Nice neighborhood that was a quick walk to Grand Central and a short cab ride to just about anywhere in mid-town. Quiet at night, close to the tourist areas, but not in the craziness.
-Comfortable bed! Firm with your choice of pillows. We all slept well.
-Mostly Great Staff! The doorman and housekeeping staff was happy and attentive to our needs.
-Rare! Excellent burger and fries in a cozy atmosphere.
Our only complaint was with the attentiveness of the front desk. They just seemed too busy, kind of cold, and not very interested in helping people. I want to be clear, they did not do anything to negatively impact our stay--just nothing to positively impact either.
The website and the Affinia channel on the TV spoke of many of the amenities like the roof-top bar and pillow menu. We would not have know about any of these by relying upon check-in info. The hotel spends a lot of time and effort to differentiate their brand with unique amenities, they should be touted at check-in time.
We have a new place to stay when traveling to New York City, the Affinia Shelburne
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Shelburne Hotel
- Affinia Shelburne Hotel New York City
- Sol Melia New York City
- Shelburne Murray Hill Hotel
- Affinia Shelburne New York City
- Shelbourne Hotel New York
- Shelbourne Hotel Nyc
- Shelburne Murray Hill New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Murray Hill, one of Manhattan's coolest and most convenient of neighborhoods near Grand Central Station, you will find a perfect escape in the big apple, Affinia Shelburne. Recently renovated, now it's brighter, bolder and even plusher than ever before. With 325 brand new guest rooms and suites, the Affinia Shelburne's unique design offers travelers a place to connect with friends, family or colleagues. Rooms feature eclectic decor, flat-screens and giant mirrors. Sleek kitchenettes or minibars and bright, new bathrooms. Looking for a view that could inspire dreams of Empire? Check out our select group of Terrace Suites offering Manhattan city views. Join us nightly for a glass or red or white at our complimentary Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Hotels.com, Venere, Otel, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Fareportal so you can book your Affinia Shelburne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.