I booked this hotel when my first choice the Marriott Marquis was
unavailabe. Hotel is centrally located and nice and quiet.
Rooms are a good size, bathroom has a nice deep tub for
long soaks after a day in NYC. I had a room with a king size bed and it was lovely.
I didn't like having to take 2 elevators to get to my room, but,
I will say I never had to wait more than 2 minutes for an elevator.
Warning: unlike every other Marriott property I have stayed in,
(at least a dozen) that puts a $50.00 per day hold for "incidentals" this one puts $100.00 and doesn't bother to
inform you. I noticed it and went to speak to the front desk and got nothing but attitude from the woman there. Not a very pleasant way to start a stay.
All in all, though the hotel is nice and except for the rude woman at the desk everyone else I came in to contact with was great.
I might stay again, but, it will not be my first choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel housed in 1930s building, located between Avenue of the Americas & 7th Avenue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance New York City
- Renaissance Hotel New York
- Renaissance Times Square
- New York City Renaissance