“Stay HERE!!! 1st time in NYC!! 30TH bday!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square

You added Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square to your Saves list
Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Two Times Square, 714 Seventh Avenue at W. 48th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save up to 15%
Ranked #122 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Auburn, Alabama
“Stay HERE!!! 1st time in NYC!! 30TH bday!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel is the PERFECT location on times square! The staff is extremely friendly & the customer care is impeccable. The hotel itself is very chic! Be sure to eat in the R Louge that overlooks Times Square. Also order the crab-cakes & Philly cheese steak sliders DELICIOUS!! I cant rave enough about this place. Once I returned home I noticed I forgot my DSLR camera charger & the hotel "loss prevention" department mailed it to me by Fedex ASAP! Best hotel to celebrate my 30th!! Thanks so much!!

Room Tip: Be sure to request Times Square view & stay in higher #
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had a nice room with two double beds. The mattress and pillows were comfortable. I stayed for a week with a large tour group, and therefore couldn't change hotels in spite of the fact that I was exhausted from not sleeping well due to the noise. The walls were thin and I could hear the kids staying next door laughing and talking until late at night. My room was directly opposite the giant Morgan Stanley building's ticker, see the photos, which made a grinding noise. There was drilling at night coming from across the street as well. Not to mention the street noise itself. I finally bought ear plugs, which helped. There is a nice, small bar in the lobby. The best thing is the convenient location. Ask for a room away from Broadway.

Room Tip: Get a room away from Broadway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Jennifer D, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. We are happy that you enjoyed the hotel location, bar, and comfortable beds. I sincerely apologize that there were some noise disruptions during your stay. Even in "the city that never sleeps," we want our guests to be able to rest and recharge. Please contact the hotel directly prior to your next visit so we can make sure you have a fabulous experience.
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I had such a great first impression of this hotel. Decided to make an overnight trip to NYC for my birthday with my husband and 6 year old daughter. I arrived around noon on Saturday 4/19 and was able to check in with no wait. I wish I caught the girl at the front desks name, but unfortunately I did not. I told her how much my daughter lives NYC and if we could have a nice view. She was able to give us a nice view of Times Square and sent up some milk and cookies. It was a very nice gesture considering how busy she was. I never got to thank her so I hope she sees this!

• Stayed April 2014
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I decided last minute to take in a Broadway show, have dinner and then enjoy the Easter "Parade" and attend mass at St. Pat's. The convenience and quality of the Renaissance made it a perfect choice. Check-in was smooth, albeit it a little chaotic out front with tour buses and all but the professional bell staff took our luggage and parked our car painlessly. We arrived early (about 12:30PM) and were not anticipating our room to be ready. We went to 2PM matinee and after the show, our room keys were waiting for us. They had called me during to tell me the room was now ready. We checked in (corner King room) clean, well kept, overlooking 7th Ave. Went for a cocktail in the R Lounge overlooking times square and had an appetizer and a drink. What a view! (the waitress found out it was my wife's birthday and also brought us a small desesert plate - on the house). Excellent location - very convenient to the entire theatre district as well as Rockefeller Center. Adequate breakfast buffett in the morning. Very friendly staff. Great stay. Smooth checkout. We will definately return on our next trip to the city.

Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Yes, the location is excellent, BUT, compared to the experience a guest once enjoyed in years past, it is only average on all other points, save location. As a Marriott Platinum Elite, and a multiple repeat visitor to this property, we will not return again. There is no longer a 'personal' connection with the property, meaning rarely if at all does anyone say 'hello' upon re-entry to the hotel. Any personal connections are made with the bar tender, or concierge, and of course those are initiated by the guest. Management is rarely in sight, or appears to be in contact with guests. With the conversion of the restaurant into the 'R Lounge', a continuous trail of non-guests stream in and out of the lobby, and with the previously 'room key required' room access via elevator no longer functioning, security is almost non-apparent. In short, save for the kind African gentleman in the lounge at breakfast, there is little else that would draw me back again. At one time the name Renaissance in hotels meant something unique, a slight distinction from the crowd. Sadly, this property has no distinction other than it's location, which is as most reviewers attest, quite extraordinary for Times Square.

Room Tip: Feather pillows are puny and worthless...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer D, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel. We value your feedback and are taking appropriate steps to address the service and security suggestions in your post. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and hope you will reconsider the Renaissance New York Times Square for future trips to New York City.
Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Great location. I liked the décor of the lobby and the bar has the best view of times squares. I thought the staff were pleasant. I think the rooms are abit dated, the carpet is horrible and the furniture is old. The bathroom is nice and modern however. I would recommend staying here but I think the rooms could have abit of a facelift. Otherwise really nice hotel and the bed was very comfy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I just spent three nights at this hotel with my family (including 75 year old mother, 8 year old niece and 11 year old nephew.) This is a wonderful property. The entire staff is so helpful and kind. Not once did we encounter anyone who worked there who didn't treat us like royalty. The rooms are very clean and the beds very comfortable. The view in the R Lounge is unbelieveable. The location couldn't be better. No problem with noise at night from the street. I HIGHLY recommend this property.

Room Tip: High floor is nice for views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family