We stayed in the Renaissance at Times Square to catch a show and be touristy for the weekend. We have stayed in a number of other locations in Manhattan, but picked this one to be close to the theaters and have great access to the R-Lounge, their bar with great night-time views of Times Square.
If you don't like to deal with the chaos of Time Square, this would not be the place for you. But if you need to be in the area- or prefer to not have to subway or cab back to your hotel after an evening show- the Renassaince is is quiet, clean, and the rooms are spacious. I generally hate the tiny NYC rooms, and would rather pay more for this place, than the same ammount for the Dream Downtown in Chelsea- for a much smaller space.
Wish there was an earler check-in time though. 4 PM seems really late, and then to have to be out by noon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel housed in 1930s building, located between Avenue of the Americas & 7th Avenue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Renaissance New York Hotel Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance New York City
- Renaissance Hotel New York
- Renaissance Times Square
- New York City Renaissance