Stayed here for one night this week, to a sold out hotel. Room was small but well appointed. WAs able to fit a queen size bed, two night stands, desk/chair, smalll dresser and nice flat screen tv on the wall. Small closet. Bathroom small but adequate. Toilet fit between sink and wall. If overweight, you could have a tight squeeze! Unfortunately when we finally went to sleep, we saw that there was NO blanket/comforter/duvet on the bed. Had to call front desk, and to their credit they did bring regular blankets up quickly, but it was annoying that bed had not been made. Upon waking in the moring, found out that the clock had not been changed back for daylight savings time, and so, i thought i had woken up after 7am, but in fact it had only been 6am. Also annoying but can deal. The most annoying part is the PARKING!!! They charge $50 to park your car, which although annoying, is always done in NYC and big city hotels. But for $50 you do expect service. First we asked how much it would cost to leave the car one extra hour, so we could leave it until after we saw our play. Front desk called and said that it would be $37 extra for each hour, and that they could not give us a break, as the garage was privately owned. OK. The main problem was when we left, they said it would be "30 minutes to wait to get the car!". That just seemed too long. While out in front of the hotel, there were a lot of angry people. One who was told it would be a 30 minutes and it was now an hour wait, and they had to catch a plane at Laguardia! Another who said she had complaints and got a free night! Another stated she had money stolen from her car.
We could not afford to wait 30-60 minutes for our car and so my husband walked to pick it up himself, (he was told he could). (once there he saw that the garage actually chageded $40, so its nice that they tacked on an additional $10 for hotel guests and provided very poor service for that $10) . The garage also had his car number written down incorrectly and so it took a very long time for them to locate our car!
Anyway, went to front desk to complain, and they took the charge of the garage off, which was appropriate and appreciated and smart on their part. We saw a HUGE line of customers WAITING to store their luggage for the day. only 2 bellhops, who were overwhelmed and cranky, understandably. Im sure they were verbally abused by many customers waiting so slong to check their luggage while they wanted to go out on the town. It just appears that the hotel did not hire the staff to service a sold out night in Manhattan. There was one man in the front of the hotel, also overwhelmed, dealing with the cars, taxi's, check in etc. Just not enough service, which then leads right off the bat with disgruntled customers. That said, if you don't drive your car, it can be a better experience. The hotel has a nice lobby, with a Starbucks attached. The lobby has lots of comfy chairs, sofa's and long table to read, meet with friends etc. There is also a nice bar in the lobby with good seating. Great place to hang out. In addition the location is a good one. Convenient to Times Square, Rockafeller Center, Grand Central Station etc. It is near Waldorf Astoria, intercontinental and Marriott Hotels! DONT BRING YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Midtown’s fashionable East Side, The Lexington New York City debuted as Manhattan’s newest Marriott Autograph Collection hotel in summer 2013 after an extensive $46 million dollar transformation project. This full-service, 28-story hotel offers 725 brand-new guestrooms with modern amenities plus several onsite restaurants and bars. The Lexington New York City is steps from the United Nations, Grand Central Terminal and Park Avenue, and is walking distance to Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Bloomingdales, Madison Avenue, Fifth Avenue shopping, Broadway theaters/Times Square many museums and more. The revitalized hotel has been completely transformed and is the ideal choice for business and leisure visitors looking for an upscale, iconic New York City hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Marriott, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Lexington New York City - an Autograph Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New York Radisson Hotel
- Radisson Lexington Hotel New York
- Radisson New York City
- New York City Radisson
- Radisson Lexington New York