“Sanctuary hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sanctuary Hotel New York

You added Sanctuary Hotel New York to your Saves list
Sanctuary Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   132 West 47th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #24 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
“Sanctuary hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had a great time at the Sanctuary. The hotel is next to Times Square and Broadway and on walking distance to Central Park and The Empire State Building.

The room was nice and clean. The bed and pillows were just fine. The breakfast is simple but I think for New York standards just normal. On the rooftop a nice bar to drink a cocktail. Also a popular place for non guest.

We really appreciated the STAR experience. The friendly gentleman arranged nice dinners for us. They really listened to our wishes and did a very great job!

A great place to stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our S.T.A.R. (Service Tailored to Any Request) experience.

The staff put forth great effort in providing our guests with the best possible experience. Our goal is to always create a unique and memorable experience and I'm glad that we were able to do that with you.

We hope to see you again soon.

Jeremy Poon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Malaga, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

From booking this Hotel I had the most amazing help from Brandon at the onset, I felt like I was special months before I arrived, this Hotel could not be more helpful if it tried. The room was spotless (I defy anyone who says it is not). The shower was wonderful, the toiletries were a luxury, lovely fluffy towels, clean crisp bedding. The breakfast was more than adequate (unlike one reviewer). It was extremely close to Times Square and within walking distance of most other places. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, there were more than attentive. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE. I did not have a view from my room, but I think that most people who are visiting New York are not going to spend time in their room. I only have one complaint I WAS NOT THERE LONG ENOUGH. If anyone can find a complaint about this hotel then they need to get a life. I would definitely return to this Hotel if I were lucky enough to visit New York again. Thank you everyone. I have not rated Swimming Pool, as I am not sure that it has one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I travel for a living so I'm extremely picky about hotels when I'm spending my money. I can't say enough good things about Sanctuary Hotel. From the moment I approached the entry steps I was promptly greeted. The security/doorman radio'd the front desk of my arrival and from that moment on I felt completely welcomed. The lobby is dark like most boutique hotels with a club/lounge vibe. It can either take a few minutes for the elevator or it is promptly there. I like the added security of only being able to access the rooms by using a card key in the elevator. The room was great and the bed was super comfy. I love the openness of the room and the option of drawing the curtain to close of the bathroom and water closet. I promptly sent a video of the room to my sister who wants to stay here sometime this summer. Added piece of greatness in the room, the chandelier above the bed. I didn't get a chance to check out the complimentary breakfast but I'm not really a breakfast in the morning person. I will definitely be back and soon.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

For our second visit to NYC my husband and I decided on The Sanctuary hotel - it was the perfect choice. A great location and very friendly and helpful staff. Special thanks go to Brandon, Jacob and Lauren for help with the shopping (excellent maps provided - much to the delight of hubby?!), theatre tickets, restaurant suggestions and more!

Our room was small but perfectly formed. When I visit again, I shall request a larger room, as I expect my sister and I to need the extra space for all our shopping!!!

Already looking forward to my return :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.

We really appreciate the feedback and would love to have you back soon. I would like to suggest our Double Double rooms for your next stay with your sister. I trust that the additional space will be more suitable to both your needs.

We look forward to having you back.

Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

When you've been stuck at JFK for hours clearing customs, and the New York traffic is rush hour, you want your transportation driver to pull up at The Sanctuary!! When I saw this hotel from the window, and the concierge rushing down the steps to greet us, and those big wooden doors fly open to take you in from the New York rain I just thought to myself I'm in the right place! The lobby is calm and peaceful, the staff are happy you have arrived. Just perfect! Only a minutes walk to Times Square on a quiet side street but you are right in the heart of the city that never stops. Loved the room, spacious, plenty of storage. It's the little things I always think that separate great hotels from the rest. A few notable examples are:- STAR manager always available - service tailored to any request! - great concierge service!!!!! Complementary continental breakfast. Free coffee in the lobby!!!!!! It was my birthday in NYC and a card was left signed by the staff with the yummiest cup cakes!!!! Great place!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for sharing such a great experience with us here on tripadvisor.

We make every effort to provide a S.T.A.R (Service Tailored to Any Request) experience for everyone. As we continue to aspire to go above and beyond, feedback such as yours motivate us to continuously improve upon the services that we provide.

Should your future travels bring you back to NYC, I hope that you think of the Sanctuary Hotel. We would love to have you back.

Thionville, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I recommend this hotel for many things:
- his emplacement just near Time square (at just one street),
- the service which is greatful, people are so nice,
- the room is proper and beautiful
Thanks to the sanctuary for this very good trip.
We'll come back.

Room Tip: we were on the 5th level and have big windows. very good place.