“Look No Further than The Sanctuary” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sanctuary Hotel New York

Save Saved
You added Sanctuary Hotel New York to your Saves list
Sanctuary Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   132 West 47th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
TripAdvisor Fans Save 20%
Ranked #27 of 455 Hotels in New York City
“Look No Further than The Sanctuary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic place to stay if you want to be in the heart of NYC yet enjoying a less frenetic hotel experience. Our four night stay represented great value for money. The staff could not do enough to be of assistance, our room was perfectly adequate and nicely presented, the mattress being incredibly comfy ... No sleeping in a strange bed syndrome here. It was cleaned daily to an excellent standard. Breakfast was a self service continental breakfast with a varied selection of cereals, fruit, pastries and bread/bagels to toast with tea coffee and juices to drink. Turn left out of the front door and a two minute walk brings you to Times Centre with tube stations to all destinations a matter of minutes away. Couldn't fault this place in any way, shape or form and would hope to find Sanctuary at the Sanctuary in the future. Thanks guys.

• Stayed March 2013
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We always appreciate when guests take the time to share their experiences here on tripadvisor.

Knowing that we were able to provide you with such a delightful visit brings smiles to all our faces. It's definitely feedback like this that motivate the staff to continuously improve upon the services that are provided. We are always looking for additional ways to enhance guest experiences, even down to the little details of providing our guests with hot coffee delivered to their room upon request when coming back from a long day of exploring the city in this cold weather.

We would love to have you back for another great stay.

Jeremy Poon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Arabic first
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at the Sanctuary for 5 days at the beginning of December 2012. It was my first visit to NYC and I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Well whatever my expectations were, this hotel far exceeded them. The Sanctuary is a trendy, boutique hotel located in an amazing spot. Literally a 'stones throw' from Time Square, it is so accessible and perfectly situated especially if you are a keen theatre lover. I am not as it happens, but even for me it was ideal. Apart from the lovely decor, the cleanliness and the ideal location, what really makes this hotel stand out from the crowd is the staff. They were absolutely faultless. Attentive, interested, kind, funny and helpful. I really couldn't think of one negative comment. I was expecting the level of customer service to be similar to London (I am from Liverpool) rather cold and courteous.... but no I couldn't be more wrong. The staff were so warm and friendly, it really made our stay so much more enjoyable. I visited NYC to celebrate my 40th birthday, but I loved it so much, and loved the Sanctuary so much that we are intending to return for the first week of December. So many hotels could learn lessons from this great place. Well done all and keep up the good work. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending you to anyone!

Room Tip: We just got a standard room which overlooked the church. It wasn't a great view. But hey... you...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I am excited to hear that you enjoyed your 40th birthday celebration with us at the Sanctuary Hotel.

The staff certainly put forth great effort to ensure that all our guests have a memorable experience and we are happy to know that we were able to do that for you. The goal is to always provide each guest with a warm and genuine interaction, where guests feel a sense of home away from home.

We would love to have you back for another visit in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Was in New York for a 5 day holiday. Reviews just like this one, led me to this hotel. My positive experience started at the front desk. Brandon McMillen, Jacob schwartz and all the staff made our stay nothing but fantastic. They were all helpful and made sure that we felt right at home. Simply said, i felt like family. The accommodation were fantastic. The room was cleaned and kept spotless just the way we found it upon our arrival. The rooftop bar was also incredible. The food was of the highest quality and the staff were very inviting. The location of this hotel was perfect. We were minutes away from times square. You could easily say this hotel is in times square. Once again, I would like to command everyone from the front door onward. I have traveled to many destinations and stayed at some of the most expensive hotels. This hotel is by far the best. Choosing this hotel will be the best decision you could make when visiting New York. Without a doubt i will be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Being described as the "Best Hotel Ever" is the biggest compliment one can receive.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us. Brandon, Jacob and the rest of our staff will be glad to read about your feedback.

We make every effort to create a home away from home atmosphere, and will continually strive to provide our guest with the very best service possible.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I recently stayed in New York for three nights with a couple of friends. We were not sure what to expect from the Sanctuary Hotel, but our stay could not have been better for the price. The concierge at the front desk, was quick to help us navigate New York and offer much-needed transportation advice. The rooms were tidy and comfortable, and the bedding was soft and inviting -- we all slept very well. The location was convenient for sightseeing and taking in a couple of Broadway shows. I would stay here again in an instant!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Not knowing what to expect our of your stay, we are very happy that we became a pleasant surprise for you.

As with every room, we make every effort to maximize use of space, while creating a warm and inviting atmosphere. Many guest such as yourself, also enjoy the comfort of our plush pillow-top mattresses.

The staff will be happy to read about your comments and we look forward to having you back with us for another great stay.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is right in the center of midtown. I stayed here for a single night while in town for an event at Radio City Music Hall. The location was excellent for that.

The staff were solid and friendly. No issues with them at all.

The room was about average size for Manhattan rooms, you can't expect much space in the city

There's a nightclub on the roof. I didn't have a chance to go up there but there were plenty of people on their way.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
I'm sorry that you didn't have a chance to experience our rooftop lounge Haven.

We would love to have you back in the near future, so that you can experience even more of what we have to offer.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Needed 3 rooms for colleagues and myself for an overnight stay in New York. We had 5 meetings Midtown next day and wanted to walk from one meeting to another (it rained heavily that day and we finally took one cab). The Sanctuary, which I did know turned out to be perfect for our stay.

It was close to all our meetings, close to certain stores and allowed the normal ritual of walking through Times Square. The rooms are small but convenient and with comfortable beds. The space is used efficiently for you you to have all the required amenities. You are in your room to sleep only and may not be very good to work from.

The Sanctuary is best for a short stay in my mind. A decent continental breakfast is also included.

Room Tip: Best for short stays and not working from the room. wifi was fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I'm glad to know that the accommodations at the Sanctuary Hotel was a perfect fit for your needs.

Many guests feel that our location in itself is a luxury and we are happy that we were able to provide you with such a great stay.

We hope to have you back as a repeat guest.

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is a great place to stay in central Manhattan. Near to all of the wonderful attractions, cafes and restaurants. From my first arrival and the happy welcome by the Reception staff, to my last goodbye I felt at home and well looked after. I stayed in a superior room and although small it was perfectly formed and more than adequate. Loved the chandelier, gave a touch of opulence. After a night at the Philharmonic I thoroughly enjoyed my supper on the roof terrace. Even though it was very cold outside, the inside was toasty and pleasant.
I will happily recommend this hotel far and wide.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
We are happy to know that you had the time to experience our rooftop lounge Haven. We strive to provide our guests with the very best options and services possible.

Knowing that you feel taken care of to the very last minute of your departure, brings smiles to all our faces.

We hope to see you again soon.

Jeremy Poon

Been to Sanctuary Hotel New York? Share your experiences!