“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sanctuary Hotel New York

You added Sanctuary Hotel New York to your Saves list
Sanctuary Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   132 West 47th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #26 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Adelaide, Australia
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I chose this hotel on the basis of Trip Advisor reviews. As a woman traveling by myself, I wanted to ensure that I stayed in a hotel which had great service. I was not wrong in my choice. I stayed for five days and was delighted.
From the moment I arrived I was really impressed by the service attitude of the staff. I was always greeted with pleasant and friendly people... From the front desk, to the room cleaners to the restaurant and bar staff. Well done to those who have set this standard!
The room was quiet , very clean and spacious. I ate it he restaurant three times, and was always pleased with the quality of food and service.
My only disappointment was the towels. They are very small and a bit crunchy.
This is a minor Gripe in what was an outstanding stay.
I will return!!!,

Room Tip: I was at the back on the third floor... Very quiet !!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for providing us with such great feedback.

Knowing that you chose the Sanctuary Hotel based on tripadvisor brings a smile to all our faces and I'm glad that we didn't disappoint. I am also happy to know that you were able to experience our restaurant on multiple occasions and was pleased with it.

We hope to see you again in the near future, so that you can experience even more of what we have to offer.

Jeremy Poon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at the Sanctuary with my two children for a few nights as a special treat. I was at first hesitant it would not be child friendly, but was pleasantly surprised. From the time we walked through the door til checkout, the amenities, staff and amazingly comfortable accommodations were superb. The on demand movie didn't work, but they credited my account right away.

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Knowing that we are one of your favorite hotels in NYC, brings a smile to all our faces. We are happy to know that you had such a wonderful experience with us.

We hope to have you back with us again soon.

Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed for 1 night on a Sunday after coming in from a cruise during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. My friend and I arrived early (9am) but we were able to check-in. Bonus points! The front desk staff is super friendly and very helpful. Room is just the perfect size for NYC standards. Bed is a little firm but comfortable. The continental breakfast was included (muffins, cereal, orange juice, etc...) so no complaints. I'd like to point out that it's very rare to see breakfast included in NYC hotels so this was another bonus. Same goes for the free Wi-fi, which was super fast. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hurricane Sandy was definitely a challenge for all of us in NYC. The Sanctuary Hotel was fortunate enough not to have any power or water disruption. We'd like to thank all our guests for their patience and understanding.

I'm happy to know that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. You are correct when you say that it is rare for hotels in NYC to have breakfast included. With complimentary breakfast, wi-fi, and passes to the luxurious Equinox gym, we believe this is good added value for our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. We hope to have you back with us in the near future.

Trim, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed in the Sanctuary for three nights at the end of October. We arrived the day Hurricane Sandy hit. Due to this alot of Times Square was closed. The staff in the hotel were very friendly and accomadating. Julio the porter was very friendly and knowledgable. Brandan the concierge was excellent. He knew I was to propose to my girlfriend and as a good gesture he brought us up a bottle of wine.
The location of the hotel is excellent. A mere 3 minute walk to Times Square and right beside an excellent Irish Bar the Pig and Whistle.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Julio and Brandon will be delighted to read about your comments.

Our staff make every effort to create an experience that is both unique and memorable. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us despite the unfortunate occurrence of hurricane Sandy.

We hope to have you back soon.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Superb Hotel n service n Superb everything Before /During/After the SuperStorm*The staff were ALL BRILLIANT incl Dinner 'in' for the 2nights of the storm Plus a free film in the restaurant of the fabulous hotel in brilliant area So close to Times Sq Large immaculate Bedroom with 2 double beds for my daughter n self Would def recommend and saving up to go back !

• Stayed October 2012
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

The storm was definitely a challenge for our operations and I'm happy that our staff made all efforts to ensure that our guests were taken care of. Thank you for your patience and understanding through that tough week.

We hope that you come back in the near future so that you may experience the Sanctuary Hotel the way it was meant to be.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My stay at Sanctuary was great. Perfectly situated on 47th near Times Square, its a very funky boutique hotel with a great atmosphere. The best apart about this place is the staff, Mari is an exceptional host, bar staff are fantastic and fun to be around, and Jacob arranged any request of restaurant bookings that really hit the mark. Well done to the staff at Sanctuary !!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate the feedback.

Mari and Jacob will be delighted to read about your comments and on behalf of the rest of the staff, I thank you.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Finding a cheap hotel in manhattan seems pretty much impossible. We stayed at the sanctuary last week during the lovely hurricane. It's a great location, just round the corner from Times Square,was clean, had free wifi and the staff were all very helpful.

The one thing I would say though is that the breakfast was pretty minimal. If you want hot food and pancakes you'll not find it here.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Sanctuary Hotel New York? Share your experiences!