“awesome bar with great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sanctuary Hotel New York

You added Sanctuary Hotel New York to your Saves list
Sanctuary Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   132 West 47th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
TripAdvisor Fans Save 20%
Ranked #25 of 455 Hotels in New York City
new york
“awesome bar with great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Sanctuary Hotel & bar is totally awesome thanks mostly to the awesome bartender Mr. Rudy Jimenez, who continuously provides exceptional service. Since my first visit to Sanctuary in late 2011, I have become a frequent visitor due in large part to Rudy. He delivers personable and friendly service with an anticipation of what his customers need.

Mr. Jimenez has a keen sense of awareness in regards to his customers. He takes time out of his busy day, to come over and talk with every guest; introducing himself and having a brief chat before taking their order or advising them that someone else would be over to take their order. He seems to remember the name of each guest which adds another level of the kind of attention to detail that makes each experience more pleasurable.

During one visit and a conversation I had with Rudy, I told him of my upcoming birthday and how I wanted to visit Sanctuary for drinks with a few friends as part of my birthday celebration. He told me to call ahead to confirm that I was coming and he would reserve a space for my friends and me. When I arrived, I was astonished to find the great area reserved for my group and the level of attention we were given. Needless to say, everyone one in my group was extremely impressed.

As a person who loves visiting nice restaurants and bars, I can truly say that Sanctuary is a preferred destination because of the service of people like Mr. Rudy Jimenez.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Rudy will be very happy to know that you really enjoyed the efforts he made to provide you with the best services possible.

We hope you visit us again.

Jeremy Poon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Excellent location in times square near a metro stop. Gentle and helpful staff. Trendy and chic atmospheric hotel. Comfortable rooms, a bit small for 4. Simple breakfast, no salad and cooked products, but excellent quality. We probably repeat.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Our complimentary continental-style breakfast consists of a wide variety of pastries, juice, coffee and additional beverage options. Unfortunately, we do not have salads or cooked items yet.

We hope to have you back soon.

Danmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My husband and I recommend this wonderful hotel. We had a rather big room on 5th floor. The staff was very kind and helpful , and the location is just in the middle of everything. This will certainly be our hotel next time we visit New York

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us on tripadvisor.com.

It's great to know that you and your husband had a wonderful experience here.

We hope to have you back soon.

Warm Regards,

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed with my father in Sanctuary last week in double double. It's very nice to have front-view room so that we can enjoy viewing night street in a cozy room. The hotel is located just next to Times Square, which is very convenient to travel around mid-town in a day.

Friendly staff and trendy design was fantastic. Julio kindly helped secure my luggages until I came back from city tour. Also, Kevin was very nice to grab a cab and carefully move all my stuffs. In a tight schedule, I wish I could stay another night in Sanctuary. On my next trip I will definitely stay again and look forward to seeing a upcoming roof-top bar.

Room Tip: Prefer a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
We are happy to know that you and your father enjoyed your time with us.

It's great when guests of ours appreciate the service that the staff tries to provide and the trendy design that we create.

Julio and Kevin will be very delighted to read about your comments.

London UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel from the outside, and nice reception and bar area so felt had found a gem. Well until I went into the room that had a frosted window as outside of it was a wall and large ledge which seemed to be pigeon heaven! Anyway a quick chat and was moved - great stuff

As for the concierge team they really made it. After a specific present for my wife and after 32 calls all was rectified - couldn't thank them more

So great hotel but a tarnished ending due to the "fixed fare" cab that the doorman forgot to mention until we were underway...and it was significantly more than a hailed cab had cost into the city....

• Stayed February 2012
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Thoroughly recommend this hotel. The staff were delightful, the decor stylish and atmospheric, the room charming and the location perfect. My only niggle was that the breakfast was a little basic.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I'm glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us.

We are always looking for ways to improve our breakfast options and we appreciate your feedback.

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Rooms are well equipped and nice, though a bit small for my taste.
Very friendly and helpful staff, nice coffee bar, excellent location right off of times square, and between 2 metro stops. Rooms are quiet.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the review of us on tripadvisor.com.

We would love for you to come back and experience our deluxe rooms. With the additional space and upgraded amenities, I trust that you will enjoy the Sanctuary even more.

Jeremy Poon

Been to Sanctuary Hotel New York? Share your experiences!