“Great location in New York but darkest room I've ever stayed in.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Central

You added Park Central to your Saves list
Park Central
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   870 Seventh Avenue at 56th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #247 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Richmond, VA
“Great location in New York but darkest room I've ever stayed in.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Park Central is a nice hotel located in a very strategic location but there were some aspects that would probably keep me from staying there again.

The main drawback was the lack of light anywhere in the room. A lot of times a hotel will try to reduce energy exposure (and expenses) by lowering wattage in the room, asking you to reuse towels, etc but at least give you decent light in the bathroom. My daughter and I had to literally use our phone lights to look for clothes in the dresser drawers, apply makeup in the bathroom, etc. It was laughable after awhile.

The air conditioner was set to the lowest setting but was tolerable at best. Our second night our sheets and pillows actually felt damp from the humidity in the room.

While the staff was very nice and efficient and housekeeping was very friendly, I don't think I would put myself through this experience again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

This hotel is great. Walking distance to Central Park, Times Square, and Patsy's Restaurant is right around the corner (which I highly recommend). The atmosphere of the hotel is great. The lobby is beautiful, and the bar and lounge is very pretty. Our room was just what we needed and it was very clean. The bathroom was great, the lighting on the mirror was amazing. The shower was incredible and the tub was a decent size. Overall the room totally kept us comfortable and my Girlfriend and I loved it. The gentleman at the front desk, Emanuel, was a great help. We had a bit of a mix up with our room but he got right down to it and solved the problem in a professional manner. The way he went about the situation was how every worker should, informative and kind. He made our stay that much better. I totally recommend this hotel. Great prices, great area, and a great experience.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just an overnight stay...but absolutely no complaints. The room was spacious, staff was pleasant enough, and it was CLEAN. We were going to a performance at Carnegie Hall, so the location could not be beat.

Room Tip: Clean, clean, and clean.
Annandale, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I don't like to go negative on a hotel, especially when I loved staying at this one in the past, but I cannot recommend Park Central to anyone else for these three reasons.

First, every room had chairs that do not rock back and forth. Instead, they rock diagonal from the front left to the back right. I checked another room and the chair did the same thing. I then went to another floor and the chair did the exact same thing. Either the person who put them together put every single hotel room chair together wrong or they purchased them from a horrible vendor. This was painfully annoying.

Second, I booked this hotel through Hotwire, but when I arrived, they told me that I would have a MANDATORY extra $25 a night fee for WIFI and the fitness room. If fees would be mandatory, they should be included in the Hotwire price and not have someone be given a surprise fee when I arrived.

Third, NO late checkout. I asked for late checkout (maybe one hour), but was told that they do not offer late checkout. Now, this is not a requirement, but it's nice when hotels will give this. When it is not given, I think that TripAdvisor readers should know that they will not get late checkout at this hotel.

Staying at this hotel was not a disaster, but for the three reasons listed above (especially the horrible defective chairs in every room), I cannot recommend this hotel. Very sad, because I stayed here 16 years ago and loved it. I was so excited to come back, but left disappointed.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We love staying at the Park Central every time we are in New York. The location in midtown next to Central Park is perfect for us. The contemporary rooms are well lit, spotless and well appointed. This time we had a gorgeous view of the Times Square ball in a corner room with three large windows.

Stayed May 2015
Pacific Coast Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Hotel was refurbished 2-3 years ago the decor modern,and the room which was a superior ,so not he best,was more than adequate.the lifts were a problem ,lucky i was on the 6th floor walking down not a problem.
The thing in New York now is the RESORT TAX.You get quoted free internet,but its not this charge pays for it whether you use it or not .It covers phone calls and the business centre and wi fi and internet.
Free is no longer free.The charade differs in all hotels.my charge was 100 us for 4 days
so beware of hidden charges booking sites don't tell you
The hotel though i would recommend

Room Tip: no they all seem good
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Near Princeton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Spent one night at the Park Central New York in a Classic King room. We were impressed with how friendly the bellman and front desk lady were. The room was very clean, comfortable and a good size for NYC hotel room. The lobby is beautiful and a great place to have a drink. I definitely would stay at the Park Central New York again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Central? Share your experiences!