Park Central is a nice hotel located in a very strategic location but there were some aspects that would probably keep me from staying there again.
The main drawback was the lack of light anywhere in the room. A lot of times a hotel will try to reduce energy exposure (and expenses) by lowering wattage in the room, asking you to reuse towels, etc but at least give you decent light in the bathroom. My daughter and I had to literally use our phone lights to look for clothes in the dresser drawers, apply makeup in the bathroom, etc. It was laughable after awhile.
The air conditioner was set to the lowest setting but was tolerable at best. Our second night our sheets and pillows actually felt damp from the humidity in the room.
While the staff was very nice and efficient and housekeeping was very friendly, I don't think I would put myself through this experience again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Central hotel New York in the world's greatest city, steps from Central Park, Rockefeller Center & Times Square. The Park Central is at the top of the list of Midtown Manhattan hotels for business and leisure travel. Surround yourself with the classic attractions of the Big Apple, museums, dining, & beyond. With spacious accommodations this Midtown New York City hotel invites you to discover the convenience of our landmark setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Park Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Central Hotel New York City
- Park Central New York Hotel
- Park Central New York City
- Park Central Ny Hotel