“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Central

You added Park Central to your Saves list
Park Central
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   870 Seventh Avenue at 56th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #244 of 464 Hotels in New York City
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great location near central park and the subway. My wife and I spent three days here and had a blast. The only complaint I have is the parking fee but that's everywhere in New York City. We visited central park and took the subway every night to Times square.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I usually don't write any reviews on any websites since I usually don't have any bad experience with hotels. But this one was different. Though other staffs were very friendly and kind, the man at the front desk with gray hair was exception. It started at the very beginning of our stay, when we were checking in. As soon as I started to talk, with very annoyed face and cut into my talking and then said, "Look into eyes when you are talking to people." At that moment, I was almost too shocked to even ask if I heard him right. Was I there to learn how to speak or check in? It was extremely rude gesture and I must say I was very disturbed as well.

He didn't stop there. When I came down to front desk on my third day of my stay to do the check in again, since I made two different reservations under different names, he completely ruined my day. When I explained my situation, he asked in what name the reservation is under. I told him that it's under my name and even spelled it out for him, since many people find it very hard to spell it correctly. Did I mention he looked very annoyed as soon as I started to talk to him? Anyway, when I told him my name several times, he said he couldn't find it. So I told him few other names that my reservation my be under, and while I was doing so, he looked very disturbed and said it would be better if I just write it down for him. Excuse me, but I wasn't even finish speaking out those names.

After handing the paper to him, he said he still couldn't find it. Then he asked for confirmation mail and while I was searching for it in my inbox, he was talking to a woman in front desk and I almost freaked out when he said f-word. I didn't catch him clearly, but the word is hard to miss by nature. As far as I can remember,he was saying that he didn't know what the f is happening and he got this. I didn't even want to ask if he was referring to me.

It took my quite a while to find a confirmation email, and while I was doing so, he asked if it was under the name that I've spelled it out for him from the beginning. I said yes, and while I was still looking at the phone, weaving through heaps of emails for confirmation email, he said, "Are you listening?". I looked up at him and I still can't erase that disgusted look on his face from my head. I answered him several times when he asked my name over and over again, and I still don't know why he thought I wasn't listening. Maybe he wasn't listening to what I've been telling him, since obviously he even missed what I spelled it out for him from the beginning. So, when he asked if I was listening, I said yes, and I even told him that he name he just called is the same one that I've told him at the very beginning. At last, he finally said he was sorry for the confusion.

I would have understood him if it was late at night, after dealing with tons of tourists. But it was early in the morning. I can hardly believe I was treated like this at hotel, at front desk in specific, where they greet their customers. It was the worst service I ever had in any other place, possible in my life. I understand if he doesn't want to hear anything from non-native speakers, but if he does, he shouldn't be standing there treating customers with such attitude. I was trying to send email to the hotel directly, but I couldn't find their email so I'm writing here, since they specifically mentioned that they wanted me to share my experience here with others.

Well, this is my experience I had in the hotel. I would put up with their tiny room where you can hear everything from construction noises to people walking down the hall. But I won't put up with being treated as if I had begged to stay here while I paid over $200 per night to stay here. I wanted to leave this review after I leave, but I just had to let it out. I couldn't stop thinking about it for whole day and it just ruined my day from the moment I walked out of the lobby.

I must say I am curious how he treats guests who don't speak English at all. I bet he would just ignore them with disgusted face. My little piece of advice would be like this: if you're not fluent English speaker, just avoid the place. You might find it hard to believe in NYC where tourists flocks in from every places on glove, but this hotel's front desk won't make you feel welcomed if you are not.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Park Central Hotel was a superb choice. All new sheek and trendy not stuffy. Staff was gracious. Location ideal. Fits well with my mantra "Four Seasons or better". I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We really enjoyed our 2 night Sunday/Monday stay in the very large hotel which is literally convenient to everything. We never even took a taxi, walking to the Metropolitan Museum(a bit far), Times Square and other attractions.
Room was very clean and decorated in a very modern style.
Even though the hotel is huge, never really a wait for an elevator.
Hint would be to book Friday, Saturday and Sunday for more reasonable pricing.
NYC hotels have gotten very outrageous in their pricing. We found a Groupon for this hotel and also had to pay a $ 25/night facility charge in addition.

Room Tip: If given the option, take the handicapped king over two queens, we got a very spacious room
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Nick C ,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our fantastic location and spacious guest room. I appreciate you mentioning that you never waited for an elevator. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Beautiful Hotel and so central to our visit to Manhattan. Everyone was so accommodating and polite during our stay. Our room was perfect and the beds were amazing.
The only minor shortcoming was the closet sized elevator that made some weird noises while riding it; glad it made each trip safely.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear Roadstar9220,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that overall you had a wonderful stay. I am very sorry to learn of the challenges you encountered with our elevators, and I will certainly investigate this claim.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We booked this hotel for its good rates and we wanted two Queen beds. They were small queen beds but better than doubles! The hotel was nice and clean, good location for midtown. Walk to Central Park, Times Square, 5th Ave shops, Rockefeller, Radio city etc. The only downside was the small room, I know NY hotels have tiny rooms but with the Deluxe Queen I expected a little more wiggle room. No view at this hotel. Pretty good proximity to subway lines. It was great and fit our needs, will probably explore somewhere else next time.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dana F,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests.

I appreciate you mentioning our excellent location. All of our premier room types offer exterior facing views and are various sizes. We would happy to discuss the best room type option for you on your next stay with us.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We spend a great week at Park Central. The location, right next to Central Park and a walking distance from Times Square is ideal. The staff made every effort to make our stay pleasant. We were unhappy with our initial room (I am very sensitive to noise) and Elizabeth, the client relation manager not only moved us to a higher floor but continues to follow up with us every day to make sure we were happy with every aspect of the hotel. She was truly incredible!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear gadi t,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. Your feedback is much appreciated and clearly shows us that your escape with us was a memorable one; your feedback gives us a chance to celebrate our team members, and we will not neglect to put Elizabeth in the spotlight! We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Central again soon!

Don Fraser

Been to Park Central? Share your experiences!