“Unreal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Central

You added Park Central to your Saves list
Park Central
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   870 Seventh Avenue at 56th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #221 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Unreal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for ten nights as our winter holiday trip to New York. It was the most amazing holiday we've ever had. The hotel was always clean, the staff were attentive and anything we needed we got. The hotel was in a great location and easily accessible. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Turkish first
Lanark, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The location is brilliant. The rooms are a decent size, the beds are really comfortable, and it was very quiet for NY! Obviously a constant stream of tourists and parties mean that customer relations are fairly basic, and the lack of a restaurant was a bit of a surprise but hey! we wanted to eat out anyway. The lifts/elevators are very fast once they have arrived. If you want a very clean and comfortable room in easy reach of Times Square, Carnegie Hall, Central Park and the Lincoln Centre, which has the subway 30 yards from the door, then this is a great choice.

Room Tip: No tea/coffee making facility on the rooms. In-looking rooms are dark but quiet.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We were here for one of my milestone birthdays to see a show at the Broadway Theatre. It was close to many restaurants and shopping and only minutes from Times Square. Many theatres are close as well. Very lovely lobby and trendy restaurant. We enjoyed our stay here. But of note, not sure if we could have reserved a mini fridge for our room and was sort of caught off guard when we brought leftovers from an area restaurant. May have to ask for coffee maker as well. Since our stay was only for a day and a half we did not call to ask. There is a busy café across the street and right next door for the coffee lovers was a Starbucks!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Don't waste your money or be fooled by the fake reviews and pictures. This hotel is terrible. The absolute worse customer service ever. They only want your money. The staff is beyond RUDE EVEN for New York.

• Stayed January 2015
Manchester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I spent 6 nights at the Park Central Hotel just before Christmas.

The hotel room was very nice, well decorated and clean. I have seen complaints about the elevators, but I did not have to wait for longer than 5 minutes. I did not eat or drink in the hotel so cannot comment on this.

The location was ideal for my first time in New York, 5 minute walk to Central Park one way and a 5 minute walk to times Square the other, also only a short walk to all the fifth avenue shopping. So much to do and so many places to eat and drink within a 5 minute walk. There is a subway station right outside the hotel door aswell so you can be anywhere in Manhattan within 20 minutes.

By the end of my stay I had really had enough of it being mad busy outside the hotel being so close to Times Square. If I do go back to New York I will probably stay in a different area next time, but I am glad I chose this for my first visit. If you ware planning on doing all the touristy things and want to be in the middle of the madness I would definitely recommend staying here!

There is a resort fee to pay, around $27 a night I think, I have seen some people complaining about this, but it is made clear on the hotels website so was not a shock to me!

Also the café directly across from the hotel front door does a great breakfast!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I returned to New York, this was our 4th trip here and our second stay at the Park Central. We both love New York and we feel it is the most exciting city in the USA. There is always something going on in Times Square and always a lot of people at anytime of the day or night. We took in a Billy Joel Concert at Madison Square and it was the high light of our trip as he is one of our favorite entertainers. We walked from our hotel which on 7th Ave and 55 st to Madison Square Garden for the concert ( this is close to 2 miles each way and there thousands of people out after the concert in Times Square. We also saw so many other attractions that we kept busy everyday. It was cold but with all the people around it was not too bad. New York is truly the City that never Sleeps.

Room Tip: Higher floors if possible, we stayed on the 18th floor and had a great view of the city skyline whic...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I attended trade shows in NYC from Jan 17-20.

Again I stayed at the Park Central Hotel.

Room was great. Pillows so soft you don't to leave the bed.

Service great as usual. Elizabeth, the guest services manager created us upon our arrival. She is most accomodating .

Coffee bar makes great cappuccino.

Had problem with bathroom and was resolved within minutes. Great service.

Bar area is great. Too bad restaurant closed. The bar could be opened longer. It closes at 11.

Been staying here for years and will continue to do so.

Vince

• Stayed January 2015

Been to Park Central? Share your experiences!