“Great Gem!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Central

You added Park Central to your Saves list
Park Central
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   870 Seventh Avenue at 56th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #218 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“Great Gem!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Wonderful, fully renovated hotel in a great location between Theater District & Central Park.
Very prompt courteous service, rooms very clean & contemporary decor. Vibrant public space (with bar & light fare) for meeting friends or just hanging out.

Good price for NYC.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Turkish first
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We'll be honest...we booked the hotel because the rate was so good and the hotel is located in midtown, right where we wanted to be. We had stayed here years ago, and while we didn't remember having any problems then, it didn't stand out in our memory as an outstanding stay. Well, this time was different. The hotel is much nicer than I expected (recent reno?) and the staff was warm and welcoming. Our room was a good size and attractive and clean. Angela, who checked us in, was very helpful and was able to get us into our room early-at noon! We will definitely be back! P.S. Love the smell in the lobby!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Check in was fabulous and expedited. I was excited that I was awarded my upgrade request... When I arrived in the room though I was very irritated that the extra money I spent for a high floor was facing a brick wall. Who would pay extra for that?? I should have gotten a discount! I didn't request any services. There was a lot of dust in the room, which made sense when the head housekeeper was arguing with another housekeeper at about 9am loudly in the hallways.. While another gentleman was vacuuming. At 9am. This was extremely irritating. We left right after, there was no sleeping in that morning! Luckily it has a great location. It was a block from the Carnigie Deli, so we beat the crowd to a great breakfast!

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I was surprised to meet a resort fee of about $25 when I checked in. When I asked the manger what the fee was she said to me that it was on their website etc; and on expedia. I explained to her that I didn't see the fee until after I had received the booking confirmation.

She (Denise) further explained that the fee was for:
1. Internet
2. Use of the gym
3. Local calls
4. Storage fees for your bags kept till 9pm

I laughed. I said to her these are facilities that are included in the room rate in other hotels especially if the room rate is $200 or more. And that I had never heard of a resort fee being charged for a hotel in New York. Hotels with resort facilities like a pool, tennis court, golf course etc but not for a New York City hotel.

I then went on to explain to her that I wouldn't be using these facilities. I had a cell phone which I used for local calls; we were checking out at 11am and would not have time to use the gym or use the storage facilities. As for Wi-fi that was usually complimentary or guests had the option to pay for it.

She refused to budge -- stating that the fee was mandatory regardless of whether guests used the facilities or not.

Unfortunately we could not cancel our booking as it was made through expedia. But the whole check in process just left me with a very bitter after taste.

Sad way to end our holidays after a very pleasant time at the Westin Grand Central.

I think the hotel spent a lot of money with the renovations and are looking for a way to recoup their expenses and as such came up with this fraudulent resort fee. Good luck to them.

If you are happy with paying for services you don't use then this hotel will be an option for you. However if you are not, I do not recommend this is a hotel option in New York.

We had also booked the hotel because they advertised a " modern" bath-tub. Sadly the bath-tub was tiny and would only accommodate children or little people.

New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A very nice hotel. Stayed there since it was in walking distance to the theatre that was showing The River starring Hugh Jackman. Even though it was raining coming back to the Park Central was very enjoyable. We had diner and drinks before retiring for the evening. A great sleep.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Diamond, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We traveled here for a quick Christmas getaway. The location was perfect. Nice short walk to Central Park, FAO Schwartz, and Rockefeller Center. We also used the concierge to help set up a tour. ( the timing of the concierge was not the best, could have been better. Was out to lunch both times we went to the desk and no one assisted us while she was gone, we had to wait.) Other than that this is the perfect hotel for family.

PCH870, General Manager at Park Central, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Tanya M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our perfect location and newly renovated décor. I appreciate your feedback in regards to our Concierge Team, and I am so sorry to learn that no one was available to assist you. Please be assured I will be addressing this issue.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Best Regards,
Don Fraser
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

This hotel located in a great location with a subway station ( N, Q, R trains ) right beside the hotel. The hotel is only a few blocks from Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Radio City Music Hall, and Central Park. Carnegie Hall is right across the street. Queen beds were very comfortable.

PCH870, General Manager at Park Central, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Auburnhuey,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our unbeatable Midtown Manhattan location and had a comfortable stay in our spacious guest rooms. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Best Regards,
Don Fraser

Been to Park Central? Share your experiences!