“Great location-Don't get tricked into an upgrade!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Central

You added Park Central to your Saves list
Park Central
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   870 Seventh Avenue at 56th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #219 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“Great location-Don't get tricked into an upgrade!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Check in was fabulous and expedited. I was excited that I was awarded my upgrade request... When I arrived in the room though I was very irritated that the extra money I spent for a high floor was facing a brick wall. Who would pay extra for that?? I should have gotten a discount! I didn't request any services. There was a lot of dust in the room, which made sense when the head housekeeper was arguing with another housekeeper at about 9am loudly in the hallways.. While another gentleman was vacuuming. At 9am. This was extremely irritating. We left right after, there was no sleeping in that morning! Luckily it has a great location. It was a block from the Carnigie Deli, so we beat the crowd to a great breakfast!

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I was surprised to meet a resort fee of about $25 when I checked in. When I asked the manger what the fee was she said to me that it was on their website etc; and on expedia. I explained to her that I didn't see the fee until after I had received the booking confirmation.

She (Denise) further explained that the fee was for:
1. Internet
2. Use of the gym
3. Local calls
4. Storage fees for your bags kept till 9pm

I laughed. I said to her these are facilities that are included in the room rate in other hotels especially if the room rate is $200 or more. And that I had never heard of a resort fee being charged for a hotel in New York. Hotels with resort facilities like a pool, tennis court, golf course etc but not for a New York City hotel.

I then went on to explain to her that I wouldn't be using these facilities. I had a cell phone which I used for local calls; we were checking out at 11am and would not have time to use the gym or use the storage facilities. As for Wi-fi that was usually complimentary or guests had the option to pay for it.

She refused to budge -- stating that the fee was mandatory regardless of whether guests used the facilities or not.

Unfortunately we could not cancel our booking as it was made through expedia. But the whole check in process just left me with a very bitter after taste.

Sad way to end our holidays after a very pleasant time at the Westin Grand Central.

I think the hotel spent a lot of money with the renovations and are looking for a way to recoup their expenses and as such came up with this fraudulent resort fee. Good luck to them.

If you are happy with paying for services you don't use then this hotel will be an option for you. However if you are not, I do not recommend this is a hotel option in New York.

We had also booked the hotel because they advertised a " modern" bath-tub. Sadly the bath-tub was tiny and would only accommodate children or little people.

New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

A very nice hotel. Stayed there since it was in walking distance to the theatre that was showing The River starring Hugh Jackman. Even though it was raining coming back to the Park Central was very enjoyable. We had diner and drinks before retiring for the evening. A great sleep.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Diamond, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We traveled here for a quick Christmas getaway. The location was perfect. Nice short walk to Central Park, FAO Schwartz, and Rockefeller Center. We also used the concierge to help set up a tour. ( the timing of the concierge was not the best, could have been better. Was out to lunch both times we went to the desk and no one assisted us while she was gone, we had to wait.) Other than that this is the perfect hotel for family.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tanya M,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our perfect location and newly renovated décor. I appreciate your feedback in regards to our Concierge Team, and I am so sorry to learn that no one was available to assist you. Please be assured I will be addressing this issue.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

This hotel located in a great location with a subway station ( N, Q, R trains ) right beside the hotel. The hotel is only a few blocks from Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Radio City Music Hall, and Central Park. Carnegie Hall is right across the street. Queen beds were very comfortable.

Dear Auburnhuey,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our unbeatable Midtown Manhattan location and had a comfortable stay in our spacious guest rooms. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed four nights at the Park Central from 19/12 to 23/12. The hotel is located in midtown in one of the best possible areas, between Central Park and Times Square (slightly closer to the park). Times Square is 5 mins walk away and the Rockerfeller is 6/7 mins away. 59th street Subway is right below the hotel and there are lovely Deli's nearby, I recommend Fluffy's opposite, cheap but great quality.

The rooms are lovely and quite spacious for a NY hotel, flat screen t.vs and a HUGE bed that we got lost in. We had a "Times Square" room view and we could just see the top of some of the advertising boards. We were given a room on the 14th floor but we could still hear cabs/police cars through the night, this was not that much of an issue as we were tired and had no issues sleeping.

I would love to stay here again for longer and make use of their bar and restaurant. Check out was painless and took all of 30 seconds and they sorted out a cab ride for me back to JFK.

Room Tip: Request high room
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ben Y,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and I am delighted to hear of your wonderful stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Cascais, Lisboa, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I needed a centrally located hotel for one night and the Park Central fitted the bill. The hotel was renovated recently and my room was a decent size and nicely appointed. Check in was efficient and friendly. The room was impeccably clean, the bed comfortable. By New York standards, the price was reasonable. A slight irritation was when I asked the concierge desk if I could delay check out from midday to 1.00 pm, so as to repackage my last minute shopping before heading to the airport. A kindly lady said, yes, no problem but she was overheard by a "helpful" supervisor who said that there would be no difficulty with a late checkout but I would have to pay half a day's charge. Thanks, but no thanks!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear John D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central location and newly renovated décor.

I appreciate you sharing your experience in regards to a late check-out. A late check-out is based upon availability and unfortunately due to high occupancy we are not always able to accommodate. However, if this was promised to you by one of our Team Members, we certainly should have honored your request. I will be addressing this with our Front Office Management Team.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback, and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Don Fraser

Been to Park Central? Share your experiences!