“Excellent hotel in an excellent location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Central

You added Park Central to your Saves list
Park Central
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   870 Seventh Avenue at 56th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #219 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel in an excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed four nights at the Park Central from 19/12 to 23/12. The hotel is located in midtown in one of the best possible areas, between Central Park and Times Square (slightly closer to the park). Times Square is 5 mins walk away and the Rockerfeller is 6/7 mins away. 59th street Subway is right below the hotel and there are lovely Deli's nearby, I recommend Fluffy's opposite, cheap but great quality.

The rooms are lovely and quite spacious for a NY hotel, flat screen t.vs and a HUGE bed that we got lost in. We had a "Times Square" room view and we could just see the top of some of the advertising boards. We were given a room on the 14th floor but we could still hear cabs/police cars through the night, this was not that much of an issue as we were tired and had no issues sleeping.

I would love to stay here again for longer and make use of their bar and restaurant. Check out was painless and took all of 30 seconds and they sorted out a cab ride for me back to JFK.

Room Tip: Request high room
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Turkish first
Cascais, Lisboa, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I needed a centrally located hotel for one night and the Park Central fitted the bill. The hotel was renovated recently and my room was a decent size and nicely appointed. Check in was efficient and friendly. The room was impeccably clean, the bed comfortable. By New York standards, the price was reasonable. A slight irritation was when I asked the concierge desk if I could delay check out from midday to 1.00 pm, so as to repackage my last minute shopping before heading to the airport. A kindly lady said, yes, no problem but she was overheard by a "helpful" supervisor who said that there would be no difficulty with a late checkout but I would have to pay half a day's charge. Thanks, but no thanks!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Dear John D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central location and newly renovated décor.

I appreciate you sharing your experience in regards to a late check-out. A late check-out is based upon availability and unfortunately due to high occupancy we are not always able to accommodate. However, if this was promised to you by one of our Team Members, we certainly should have honored your request. I will be addressing this with our Front Office Management Team.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback, and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Spent a couple of nites here on a business trip and got a great rate through the party we were visiting ($159/nite) though it looks less good when the $25/nite "facilities fee' is added. This hotel is beautifully decorated. The rooms are large though the design could be improved to add space to the very small bathrooms. The room has a very small desk area that makes working difficult. Not enough outlets and a strange lamp that can only be turned off by unplugging.

The hotel has a trendy feel to it and there is a very nice restaurant and bar in the lobby with a very large TV showing NYC scenes. The bar also has two tables with outlets set up to work on a laptop. Nice feature.

Breakfast in the restaurant was just OK. The bar itself has a good selection but beware if you like beer, the bars tap lines were very obviously not kept clean and were contaminated giving the beer a funky off flavor. Hopefully they will fix this.

A significant downside of this hotel in my opinion is the thumping bass music that is played just outside the lobby doors (think Virgin America check in desks). They are trying to create a trendy feel but to me it came across as annoying.

Room Tip: Get as high up as possible to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear steveprez,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated décor.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you experienced during your stay. I am very sorry to learn that we did not meet your business needs. I am especially disheartened to hear of your experience in our bar, and this is being investigated by our Director of Food and Beverage. All of your valuable feedback has been shared with our Management Team, so that we can address each of our shortcomings.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I am actually fine with this hotel, except for one thing. I got the reservation off the discount web-site, Hotels Tonight. I paid around $200, plus an additional facilities fee at the hotel. So this is a bargain for Manhattan, and it is very conveniently located close to Columbus Circle.

This place is huge. It occupies an entire city block, and the rooms are on both sides of a corridor, around a central courtyard. I was in a room on the 7th floor. I have a feeling that this is the floor where they put their budget travelers, because there was a big party going on down the hall and it reeked of marijuana in the morning.

I was in a room with a window looking out on the inside courtyard. Because the hotel goes many, many stories above the 7th floor, it is very dark at this level - and this is the weird thing. The rooms are very dark, and they only have one of the REALLY heavy window shades that block out all of the light. There is no light weight privacy drape that allows light through. So if you open the heavy shade in order to get a little light, then you can see right into the rooms across the courtyard. In the morning I had to work in my room, and to get light I opened the shade. I could see right into the rooms at my level and below me - I counted 13 beds I was looking at, including some fellow walking around in his underwear. So take you pick - live in a cave, or be a peeping Tom!

Otherwise the place is a good value for Manhattan. The beds are comfortable, the room is small but adequate, and the staff is very helpful. I would stay here again, but I would ask for an external room, rather than on the interior courtyard!

Room Tip: Well the interior courtyard rooms were dark and lack privacy, so next time I will ask for an exterio...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Joshhoytchicago,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and helpful Team Members.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you encountered during your stay. We are a completely nonsmoking hotel, and it is extremely troubling to learn of the odor on your floor. We offer multiple room types and room locations; our classic room types face the courtyard and our premier room types are all exterior facing. Unfortunately, HotelTonight does not guarantee specific rooms types and these rooms are assigned based upon availability. If you reserve directly with us you can confirm your desired room type. I am very sorry that we did not provide adequate lighting and a comfortable stay for you.

Thank you for your honest feedback. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Wonderful hotel. Stayed here previously and was great but the update in the decor is brilliant. Everything looks wow, loved the rooms, bathroom was fab and the reception and bar area amazing. Great location, close to a lot of the attractions and right next to central park.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear esf44,

Thank you for your loyalty. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our brilliant décor and central location. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome back to Park Central soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Elizabeth helped us like she was our personal assistant. I would recommend this hotel to my best friends and closest business associates!!! Everything was clean and efficient and the gym is open 24 hours which is great for my schedule!!

• Stayed December 2014
Dear Angi G,

Thank you for your fantastic review! I am thrilled to hear of the excellent service you received from Elizabeth, our dedicated Guest Relations Manager! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Only hotel we stay during our visit of NYC. Great location, professional approach, cozy environment, much more beautifull after renovation, comfortable bedding, amazing city view available on higher floor. I would like to say thank you to front desk staff, specialy to Elizabeth Cacovic for helpfulness, knowledge and friendliness during our stay in PC hotel. Thank you Elizabeth.

Room Tip: Ask for room with city view in higher floors - less noise, great view
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. Your feedback is much appreciated and clearly shows us that your escape with us was a memorable one; your feedback gives us a chance to celebrate our team members, and we will not neglect to put Elizabeth in the spotlight for providing you with excellent service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Central again soon!

Don Fraser

Been to Park Central? Share your experiences!