I am actually fine with this hotel, except for one thing. I got the reservation off the discount web-site, Hotels Tonight. I paid around $200, plus an additional facilities fee at the hotel. So this is a bargain for Manhattan, and it is very conveniently located close to Columbus Circle.
This place is huge. It occupies an entire city block, and the rooms are on both sides of a corridor, around a central courtyard. I was in a room on the 7th floor. I have a feeling that this is the floor where they put their budget travelers, because there was a big party going on down the hall and it reeked of marijuana in the morning.
I was in a room with a window looking out on the inside courtyard. Because the hotel goes many, many stories above the 7th floor, it is very dark at this level - and this is the weird thing. The rooms are very dark, and they only have one of the REALLY heavy window shades that block out all of the light. There is no light weight privacy drape that allows light through. So if you open the heavy shade in order to get a little light, then you can see right into the rooms across the courtyard. In the morning I had to work in my room, and to get light I opened the shade. I could see right into the rooms at my level and below me - I counted 13 beds I was looking at, including some fellow walking around in his underwear. So take you pick - live in a cave, or be a peeping Tom!
Otherwise the place is a good value for Manhattan. The beds are comfortable, the room is small but adequate, and the staff is very helpful. I would stay here again, but I would ask for an external room, rather than on the interior courtyard!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Central hotel New York in the world's greatest city, steps from Central Park, Rockefeller Center & Times Square. The Park Central is at the top of the list of Midtown Manhattan hotels for business and leisure travel. Surround yourself with the classic attractions of the Big Apple, museums, dining, & beyond. With spacious accommodations this Midtown New York City hotel invites you to discover the convenience of our landmark setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Amex, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Park Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Central Hotel New York City
- Park Central New York Hotel
- Park Central New York City
- Park Central Ny Hotel