“Good location in NYC” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Central

Save Saved
You added Park Central to your Saves list
Park Central
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   870 Seventh Avenue at 56th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #220 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good location in NYC”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Park Central is located right across the street from Carnegie Hall and is steps from Central Park and Times Square. Clean and quiet, it was convenient for my quick business trip to the Columbus Circle area.

Two issues that moved my rating scale from Very Good to Average: I stayed two nights but the maid service never showed, and it was not clear to me until it showed up on my bill that the $22 per night for WiFi and other hotel amenities is not a choice but an automatic add-on.

Other than those minor annoyances, my stay was fine.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Turkish first
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Pros: great location (walking distance to Times Square, Central Park, 5th Ave Apple Store, Gershwin Theater (for Wicked))

Fast Wifi, and it's free for guests. The speed really impressed me. We got on average 18Mbps down and 12 up. That's better than the average persons wifi at home. You can connect up to 5 devices for free.

Cons: no vending machines (maybe this is a New York thing)
The rooms are nice but kind of expensive. Don't expect anything crazy.

The view/ no balcony. Don't expect any great views. Most rooms just look right into a brick wall.

The coffee shop has no flavored coffees. Just sugar. Or straight up, I was a little bummed about that.

I would stay here again, it was a good experience. No legitimate complaints. Just high lighting the good and the bad.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I found this hotel through Kayak, double checked it through Trip Advisor, and was completely satisfied with it. The lobby is clean and efficient, the rooms are surprisingly large for NYC, and the first-floor bar has just enough cool factor to be a great respite after a long day in the city. Within walking distance to Times Square, but just far enough away to stay out of the hubbub. Also walking distance to the south end of Central Park and Rockefeller Center. Easy access to CitiBike stations throughout the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the north end; this will put you closer to the elevators.
Dear MitchDunn,

Thank you for your fantastic review and recommendation. I truly appreciate you highlighting your wonderful experience with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Conveniently located few minutes walk from central park. The facility is pretty new, rooms are large compared to most New York City hotels and prices are very reasonable. Rooms are fully featured with ironing capabilities, iPhone charges, alarm clocks, radio etc. The lobby is constantly busy but it is well staffed. Stay was great.

Dear Gilad G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is our first stay at Park Central Hotel. We will be back! The check-in staff are friendly, efficient and welcoming. We are still in our room and it's size is generous for a New York hotel. The bathroom is an equally nice size with good water pressure in shower and plenty of countertop space which is important for women and their toiletries! Drawbacks: if you have a scent allergy or sensitivity, the hotel's public spaces (particularly the lobby) are filled with an air freshener. You can taste it in your mouth and it gave me a headache in the few minutes we stood there. I do not generally have a sensitivity so this will help you understand how overpowering the scent is. The cleaning staff is incredibly noisy. A maid is cleaning the room next door and conducting a conversation with the man vacuuming the hallway. In order to be heard, both parties are hollering. Definite positives: a short walk to the Theatre district, equally short walk to Central Park and the best part of all, half a block to the famous Carnegie Deli. Carnegie's matzo ball soup is perfect on a cold New York day or if you are ever feeling a bit under the weather. All in all, I would not hesitate to stay at Park Central again and will be recommending it to others. The rooms are decorated with a clean, modern look that does not tip into a cold, minimalist feel. No coffee pot in the room but plenty of fabulous New York coffee to be found out the front door.

Room Tip: We are on a lower floor overlooking a room which meant we didn't get any street noise
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear HaidaLisa,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that overall you had an exceptional stay with us. I truly appreciate you highlighting both our Friendly and Welcoming Team Members and our newly renovated modern décor.

I would like to extend my sincerest apology for your experience with the scent in our lobby. We often receive positive feedback in regards to the scent, and I am so sorry that it was overpowering for you. I would like to also apologize for the noise from our Housekeeping Team. Please be assured that both of these issues will be investigated and addressed.

We offer coffee makers complimentary based upon availability, and thank you for pointing out the fabulous coffee locations around the hotel. Our Central Market also offers a delicious coffee beverages.

Thank you so much for your fantastic review and recommendation. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When in NYC this is the place to stay. It's located a couple of blocks from Central Park, The Time Warner Center and the subway it's right at the corner. Times Square it's a few mins walking or 1 stop on the train.

The rooms are huge for NYC standards, with storage closet, spacious bathroom, updated fixtures and even a desk.
The beds are very comfortable and you can rest well, away from all the chaos outside.

The staff is very attentive and always happy to help.

We have stayed here 3 times already and will continue to do so every time we visit NYC.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jayv2021,

Thank you for your heartwarming review. I truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, and I am so pleased to hear that your experience at Park Central was exceptional. We look forward to providing another outstanding experience for you soon!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I found the receptionist on arrival to be rude and condescending, however on return a few hours later the new staff were most helpful. Our room was great ,the view of the airconditioning and brick walls was depressing though. Only a few blocks up from times square and one away from central park , so a fab position. priced at over $500.00 for one night during the week was unwarranted.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ingrid C,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate you taking the time to give us your honest feedback, and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our perfect Manhattan location and our newly renovated guest rooms.

I would like to extend my sincerest apology that you did not receive outstanding service from all of our Team Members, and please be assured that this issue will be immediately addressed with the individual Guest Service Agent. All of our Premier Room Types offer exterior facing views, and I am so sorry that you did not experience this during your recent stay.

I want to thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. Without your input, we would be unable to continuously assess our performance and gain an understanding of how we are performing in our collective goal of becoming the first choice in travel in New York City. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Don Fraser

Been to Park Central? Share your experiences!