“Would stay again!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Central

Save Saved
You added Park Central to your Saves list
Park Central
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   870 Seventh Avenue at 56th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #230 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Hilliard, Ohio, United States
“Would stay again!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel was clean and always smelled great when you walked in the front door. Small double but I guess that's the norm. Air wasn't working but engineering came up and fixed it right away. The location was great! Only a few blocks from Central Park and you could see Times Square from the front of the hotel. Loved it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Traci D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you experienced with the AC unit in your room. I am so happy that we were able to correct the issue right away. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Don Fraser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wish there were 1/2 scores as I would rate this 3.5. Loved the location, employees very friendly, room was clean but was quite worn out looking due to paint chipping off baseboards and bathroom shelves. What was disappointing were the "extra" touches that make you feel pampered and special. No water glasses to use when brushing your teeth, no individual shampoos/conditioners/body wash, no coffee pot, no small refrigerator, although we were brought one quickly when requested for prescription meds that needed to be at a cool temp. The very first day when we notified someone of the ice machine on our floor not working we would told it would be fixed shortly and to try the next floor. 2 floors later, those ice machines were not working!!! Everyday for 6 days we could not find a working ice machine!! Some elevators were out of service. I would stay again for a night or two, not for a long term visit.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor to stay away from loud street noises.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sue R,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed both our central location and friendly Team Members. I truly appreciate you highlighting our areas for improvement. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location, very clean, and the service was excellent all around. We were only in town for one night, but wish I had booked for longer. Front desk staff were very accommodating and extremely pleasant. We will definitely be back. Thanks for an enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve P,

Thank you for your rave review and recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Central soon!

Lowell, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

To start off we had to go inside the facility to get a valet, it took around 10 minutes to get one.
Long lines to get checked in with lots of staff lurking around.
The rooms were pretty small for the price, and the carpets are disgusting, look at the corners they don't do a good job for what they charge for the rooms.
No coffee makers or a mini fridge in the rooms.
To be at NY and having the non-stop high speed pace going they don't even have a check out on the tv to speed things out, you most have to get in line AGAIN to check out and get your car.
I'm going back in November but, definitely I will find a better place to stay.

Room Tip: Read the reviews!
Dear Juaninha A,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I’m so sorry to read of your disappointing stay. We strive to create an environment where our guests can honestly state they received unparalleled service and to see we failed to meet both of our expectations is extremely troubling. Please be assured we have shared your feedback with our team members so that we may improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I do hope you will give Park Central another opportunity to show you a truly memorable experience on your next visit to NYC.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Park Central Hotel is in an excellent location, a 5 minute walk to Central Park, across the street from Carnegie Hall, a 10 minute walk to TImes Square and Broadway Theatres. It is close to many sights and restaurants, but enough removed from the main hustle and bustle of the Times Square area. The room we stayed in had virtually no view (walls in every direction), a very small shower, and no in room coffee maker or fridge. As we were in New York City, all we needed the room for was sleeping and in this respect it was very comfortable and quiet. I would recommend the Park Central Hotel primarily for its location, relative affordability and if your needs are the same as ours.

Room Tip: Our 14th floor room had no view whatsoever, but was away from the elevators and was extremely quiet.
Dear bluezman4,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Emailed a question to hotel in advance ( could not get answer from Adam in reservations) and got a prompt and helpful email reply from Mr. Quimby. Upon arrival, first thing I noticed was not only a lovely but the best smelling lobby in all my travels. Tea tree and ginger? Jett was friendly and professional and Dennis helped with our bags politely and efficiently. A little service issue in lounge bar but Winston from restaurant helped us straight away. This location is amazing- Central Park, Carnagie Hall, Times Square and Carnagie Deli all very closeby. Rooms very comfortable. We stayed 4 nights. 3 in a deluxe double queen and 1 in a deluxe king. Clean, good AC and bathroom. This hotel has noticeable maintenance upkeep issues which probably would not be noticeable except everything else is so nice, the crooked door/wall fixtures stand out in contrast. Slow elevators. Lobby restrooms had line the 2 times I tried to use it- a little disconcerting that I waited behind the Gray Line bus guy who was hawking out front on the sidewalk and the UPS guy as they weren't paying guests but when you've got to go.... Very good food in restaurant although terrific eateries surround this hotel. No room service and no complementary hotel transportation ( it is NYC though.) the staff and location make this a first- rate place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room if you're a light sleeper. Even high up, there's street noise with a...
Dear Roz78,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I am delighted to hear that you received outstanding service from our Team Members! We will not neglect to put Quimby, Jett, Dennis and Winston in the Spotlight for providing you with great service. I appreciate you highlighting some of the challenges you experienced, so that we can work hard to correct these shortcomings.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So to start the room was nice and clean. The location is wonderful. This hotel would get a 5 star review for me but for two large issues.

The two big complaints I have are that the listing said a queen sized bed and gave me a full and that there was a fee that was mandatory which while it gave me internet access was not advertised clearly.

I will explain the bed more first. The queen bed they offer is actually a full size bed in reality. I asked them to see the double and sure enough it was smaller but it was a large twin. Apparently I was the first person this year to notice and complain. They handled it gracefully but ultimately I felt like I was living in a strange world where we both agreed the bed was smaller than advertised but nothing could or would ever be admitted to that effect. If you stay here get the queen-particularly if you have a family with you.

The second complaint I had was the mandatory, undisclosed fee. The fee should really get posted to the booking sites because it really can't be avoided. I would have still stayed here but I felt like I was deceived which is the frustrating part. The Internet access was nice and we made good use of it in the end but I would have preferred to know about it ahead of time.

Most of this could be fixed by just correcting the data on the sites the hotel can be booked on.

Stayed September 2014
Dear Jon S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests.

I am sorry to hear that the mandatory Facilities Fee was not clearly stated on your booking site. On our website the Facilities Fee is included in your total rate breakdown before entering your information to reserve. I am so sorry this was not made clear to you prior to reserving.

I appreciate your feedback in regards to your type, and I am sorry that our Queen size beds appeared to be smaller than expected.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Don Fraser

Been to Park Central? Share your experiences!