“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Central

You added Park Central to your Saves list
Park Central
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   870 Seventh Avenue at 56th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #220 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

The Park Central Hotel is in an excellent location, a 5 minute walk to Central Park, across the street from Carnegie Hall, a 10 minute walk to TImes Square and Broadway Theatres. It is close to many sights and restaurants, but enough removed from the main hustle and bustle of the Times Square area. The room we stayed in had virtually no view (walls in every direction), a very small shower, and no in room coffee maker or fridge. As we were in New York City, all we needed the room for was sleeping and in this respect it was very comfortable and quiet. I would recommend the Park Central Hotel primarily for its location, relative affordability and if your needs are the same as ours.

Room Tip: Our 14th floor room had no view whatsoever, but was away from the elevators and was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear bluezman4,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Don Fraser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Emailed a question to hotel in advance ( could not get answer from Adam in reservations) and got a prompt and helpful email reply from Mr. Quimby. Upon arrival, first thing I noticed was not only a lovely but the best smelling lobby in all my travels. Tea tree and ginger? Jett was friendly and professional and Dennis helped with our bags politely and efficiently. A little service issue in lounge bar but Winston from restaurant helped us straight away. This location is amazing- Central Park, Carnagie Hall, Times Square and Carnagie Deli all very closeby. Rooms very comfortable. We stayed 4 nights. 3 in a deluxe double queen and 1 in a deluxe king. Clean, good AC and bathroom. This hotel has noticeable maintenance upkeep issues which probably would not be noticeable except everything else is so nice, the crooked door/wall fixtures stand out in contrast. Slow elevators. Lobby restrooms had line the 2 times I tried to use it- a little disconcerting that I waited behind the Gray Line bus guy who was hawking out front on the sidewalk and the UPS guy as they weren't paying guests but when you've got to go.... Very good food in restaurant although terrific eateries surround this hotel. No room service and no complementary hotel transportation ( it is NYC though.) the staff and location make this a first- rate place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room if you're a light sleeper. Even high up, there's street noise with a...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Roz78,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I am delighted to hear that you received outstanding service from our Team Members! We will not neglect to put Quimby, Jett, Dennis and Winston in the Spotlight for providing you with great service. I appreciate you highlighting some of the challenges you experienced, so that we can work hard to correct these shortcomings.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

So to start the room was nice and clean. The location is wonderful. This hotel would get a 5 star review for me but for two large issues.

The two big complaints I have are that the listing said a queen sized bed and gave me a full and that there was a fee that was mandatory which while it gave me internet access was not advertised clearly.

I will explain the bed more first. The queen bed they offer is actually a full size bed in reality. I asked them to see the double and sure enough it was smaller but it was a large twin. Apparently I was the first person this year to notice and complain. They handled it gracefully but ultimately I felt like I was living in a strange world where we both agreed the bed was smaller than advertised but nothing could or would ever be admitted to that effect. If you stay here get the queen-particularly if you have a family with you.

The second complaint I had was the mandatory, undisclosed fee. The fee should really get posted to the booking sites because it really can't be avoided. I would have still stayed here but I felt like I was deceived which is the frustrating part. The Internet access was nice and we made good use of it in the end but I would have preferred to know about it ahead of time.

Most of this could be fixed by just correcting the data on the sites the hotel can be booked on.

Stayed September 2014
Dear Jon S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests.

I am sorry to hear that the mandatory Facilities Fee was not clearly stated on your booking site. On our website the Facilities Fee is included in your total rate breakdown before entering your information to reserve. I am so sorry this was not made clear to you prior to reserving.

I appreciate your feedback in regards to your type, and I am sorry that our Queen size beds appeared to be smaller than expected.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

The hotel is located on 7th avenue near times square and central park. Basically right next to Carnegie hall as well. There are plenty of bus stops and subway stations right outside so getting around is not an issue at all.
I enjoyed the modern style of the rooms and bathroom. The beds were comfortable and I enjoyed the look of the lobby as well as breakfast/dining area. Very sleek and elegant. The staff is friendly as well so no complaints.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear fmc237,

Thank you for your amazing review! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon!

Broadbeach, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Lovely hotel , easy checking and checkout , clean rooms , great central location to walk to Central Park and time square or get on a train , close to all shops and restaurants . The only thing I wasn't happy with is I would have loved to be able to make a cup of tea or coffee in the room .

Room Tip: Try to get one with a view for our window looked into middle of hotel inside square so privacy was n...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sally K,

Thank you for your fantastic review! I am so sorry that we did not accommodate a coffee maker during your stay. We offer coffee makers complimentary based upon availability. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

This hotel doesn't have any advantages despite its location and even the neighborhood is too noisy that you can't sleep at night. The staff literally treat you like animals. Breakfast is a total rip off. The rooms are small and dirty. Avoid this hotel if you can!!!

Stayed July 2014
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Mehmet I,

I am so sorry to read of your disappointing stay with us. We strive to create an environment where our guests can honestly state they received unparalleled service and to see we failed to meet both of our expectations is extremely troubling. Please be assured we have shared your feedback with our team members so that we may improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I do hope you will give Park Central another opportunity to show you a truly memorable experience on your next visit to NYC.

Paphos, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Very nice hotel, location excellent both for shopping, Central Park and Times Square.

No coffee facilities in room, I was put on the wait list for a coffee machine, but after 4 days I still didn't get one. Staff helpful and apologetic re the coffee machine

Room Tip: Ask for coffee making facilities when you book
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear IreneN65HW,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our perfect location. Please accept my sincerest apology that we did not provide a coffee maker during your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Don Fraser

Been to Park Central? Share your experiences!