“Exceptional Hotel Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Central

You added Park Central to your Saves list
Park Central
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   870 Seventh Avenue at 56th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1 Breakfast Package
Ranked #241 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“Exceptional Hotel Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

My colleague and I were very well received by Ms. Elizabeth Cacovic, Guest Relations Manager, when we checked in at the hotel. She was very welcoming, helpful, informative and provided the attention to make us feel we were special guests. She accommodated our room requests, checked several times to make sure the rooms were to our satisfaction and was always ready to do more. During our 2 day stay, she used our names when addressing us, recognized us even when we were just walking through the lobby and made us feel special. I am grateful to Ms. Cacovic for her welcome and special attention, which made our hotel experience exceptional.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear H A,

Thank you for your fantastic review! I am thrilled to hear of your excellent experience with Ms. Cacovic, our wonderful Guest Relations Manager. We will not neglect to put her in the spotlight for providing you with outstanding service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon!

Don Fraser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Turkish first
Bolton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I use this hotel for business often and pre pay everything. Was surprised this morning to get a final bill for $44....a mandatory "facility fee" whether you use anything or not....Seriously, just bundle it into the price if I have to pay it anyway....

The Facilities Fee of $20 plus tax per room per night provides guests with the following amenities:
• Wireless (WIFI) High Speed Internet Access through the hotel's guest rooms and public spaces for up to 5 devices
• Unlimited Local and Domestic Long Distance calls
• Luggage storage upon arrival and/or departure up until 9:00 PM.
• Unlimited use of the 24-hour state-of-the-art Fitness Center
• An alcoholic (house wine or signature cocktail) or non-alcoholic with the purchase of an entrée

Cheapskates...it's just a way to add money to my bill..

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Alison M,

We truly appreciate all of your feedback, and I am so sorry to hear of your disappointment with the Facilities Fee. We do not include the Facilities Fee in the rate, because all of the services and amenities are collected on property. If a guest is unable stay with us, regardless of the cancellation policy, we would never charge for Facilities Fee. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

What a wonderful place, so central to the shops, central oars and the underground. Helpful staff and very clean and spacious room. Starbucks is just next door and so near to 5th avenue. Beautiful entrance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Boris1972,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Bancroft, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and parents who were experiencing NYC for the first time. We really enjoyed Park Central. The lobby is spacious and elegant. We found the staff at the front desk to be efficient and helpful. There is a little market with coffee, tea and snacks available which is quite convenient. Valet parking was easy. The room was clean and big for New York with large comfy beds. The bathroom had lots of moving around space. There is an easy to use safe in the room. We were on the fifteenth floor and there was no street noise at all. My husband enjoyed the modern workout room.The housekeeping staff were very friendly. The hotel is located very close to Central Park which made it nice in the evening to go for a stroll in the park and then head back to the hotel. The subway stops are just a few steps from the hotel. There are lots of cafés and delis just out the front door. My one minor complaint is the wait for the elevators in the morning. They were fine the rest of the day. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who likes to be in the middle of the action and then retreat to their room for a comfortable rest.

Room Tip: Choose a higher level room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Colette F,

Thank you for your fantastic review and recommendation! I truly appreciate you highlighting all of your memorable experiences with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon!

Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

It was a girlfriend weekend in NYC so we stayed 4 in the room.

We booked a room with 2 queens and were hoping to get a cot because the website says cots are available upon request.

However we were informed at check in time that a room with 2 queens cannot accommodate a cot. We asked for a room with 2 doubles instead and we were told that it does not accommodate a cot either. After insisting, the receptionist called housekeeping, who said that they will bring up a cot. The cot fit awkwardly in the room but it fit without being a fire hazard. Apparently cots are only meant for rooms with one king bed, which is not mentioned anywhere on the website. Through this whole process the receptionist was very rude.

The room was small, there was nothing spectacular about it, but it was clean.

Otherwise the walls are thin, the elevators are very small, there is no refrigerator in the room, and the iron had something caked on it so I couldn't use it. There is also an extra 20$ a day, facilities fee, that they charge and for it you get free Wi-Fi and luggage storage before check in and after check-out.

I guess the only good thing is the location as it is very close to Central Park, Times Square and Broadway. Because we were 4 it didn't come out terribly expensive, but if I were to go as a couple I think I will prefer to stay further away and just take the metro.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
PCH870, General Manager at Park Central, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear TucTucMtl,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, both positive and constructive, as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you faced during your stay. I understand that we made a onetime exception for you; however we adhere to a very strict Fire Code and are only able to accommodate a rollaway bed in our Classic King and Premier King room types. I am so sorry this was not clearly communicated to you. I have addressed the issue with our Department Heads to prevent this inconvenience from reoccurring. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Hotel is pretty nice looking and the rooms are pretty clean, but can´t say the same about the staff.
People at the front desk aren´t really friendly, and they don´t seem to be very happy to be there. I booked a king room, and when I got there, the lady told me they didn´t have any king rooms available, and offered me a double queen room. I said I didn´t want a double queen room, so the lady went to the back, and came back in about five minutes, telling me she found a king room. (WTH??) after that, she was pretty rude. Besides the check-in, everything went pretty smooth.
the pictures DO fool you, so be careful with which room you book. Location is excellent!!! Cleaning people are nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LeoK79,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate and value all of your feedback, and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our excellent location and friendly Housekeeping Team.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you experienced during your check in. I am so sorry to hear you did not receive a warm welcome and a seamless arrival process. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with our Front Office Management Team, and this issue will be immediately addressed with the individual Team Member. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The photos online don't do this hotel justice... Very nice curb appeal, nice lobby, waited 10 minutes to check in, only one person on duty (arrived at 8:45). Actual check in took less than 10 minutes.. I had prepaid my stay.. Credit card required, agent stated they put a $50. Authorization on card.
$20 per night fee.. For gym, wifi. Etc... Got to my room and was wowed by the clean, fresh smelling and tasteful decoration.. Very, very nice...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Dee S,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience with us. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback, and I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Central soon.

Don Fraser

Been to Park Central? Share your experiences!