“Outstanding Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paramount Hotel Times Square New York

You added Paramount Hotel Times Square New York to your Saves list
Paramount Hotel Times Square New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   235 W 46th Street, Between Broadway & 8th Avenue, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #349 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Seattle, Washington
“Outstanding Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had outstanding customer service at the front desk from Catherene. She was friendly and made sure our group of tired redeye travelers got settled in comfortably and quickly. I would definitely stay here again because of this great customer service. The hotel lobby and room is also top notch.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gary T, Public Relations Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and for your 5 star review. Thank you for commenting on our team of staff, I am extremely proud of the service they provide. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future.

Gary Tucker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Hungarian first
  • Slovak first
Waldorf, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Upon my arrival to the Paramount Hotel, Saturday, November 9, 20113, Nerma B., Front Desk Clerk welcomed me and my 7 year old granddaughter with opened arms! Nerma was very pleasant. We loved the lobby area so much, we hung out there in the evenings after a long day out on the town of NYC.

We rode the elevator to our room, 6th floor. Yes the room was very small for the price but I must say, all the theatres were within walking distance of the hotel. We loved that; no taxi ride.

The first night, we heard a sound in our room like someone was working on the pipes in the building. I was like, WTH? But to our dismay, it was the heat cranking up. Such a loud and long noise. OMG!

I must say, there were no bed bugs in the room. I checked high and low. A little more caulking in the rooms could help a lot.

Monday, November 11, 2013 was our check out date. While I was in the shower, I let the hot water run continuously on my lower back to ease the pain. After several minutes went by, I looked down at the tub and there was brown gunt coming from out the shower. (reminded me on a scene from the Carrie movie). I immediately cut the shower off and waited 2 minutes and then turned it back on. The water was once again cleared. I hurry up took another shower to rinse the brown stuff off my back. SMDH!

After check out, the bell boy held the door open for us to exit with our luggage. There was no one in front of the hotel to help us catch a cab. We ended up walking over to the Marriott where we stood in their taxi line and got a cab.

The Paramount is not handicapped friendly which is clearly a violation of the disability act. No automatic doors what so ever.

The Paramount Hotel does not offer any thing there for children which was ok. Broadway was within feet of the hotel and there was plenty for my granddaughter to do.

The Paramount Hotel does not offer government rates nor AAA discounts.

I was going to rate this hotel a 4.5 until the shower & taxi incidents.

I would stay here again but be very cautious about running the hot water for extended periods of time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Gary T, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for your Review. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your shower and I have informed our Chief Engineer to look into this issue. Your feedback is important to us and the concerns you raised will definitely be addressed. We will use your comments as a training tool, and we do hope you will return for a more positive stay. I am pleased that you hear that you liked our lobby and our agent Nerma, will share with the team.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel lobby is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen and makes you feel as if you were staying at a luxury hotel. The rooms are modern and nice, and of decent size, especially for New York City. The hotel was in perfect location, the bus station I arrived at was only 5 min away. Times Square, Rockefeller, Empire State Bld. etc. were all in walking distance. If you are going to NYC for sightseeing, shopping or shows I can only recommend the Paramount.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us. I am thrilled you enjoyed our lobby, our rooms and our location.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Brown murky water in the shower, nails on the carpet, paint peeling off the walls, dirty bathrooms, rude and curt receptionists. There are better hotels for the same price point in the area. Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
On behalf of the my team and myself we would like to sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you faced while you stayed with us. I did inform all of our Department Heads and they were very disappointed as well. Thank you for submitting your feedback on TripAdvisor, as this is the only way we may improve our services in these areas. It is never our intention to disappoint our guest, and we sincerely regret that we have so thoroughly disappointed you.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We flew in on a redeye and arrived at the hotel at 9am. We booked online and I knew we were only able to get a queen size bed with the room. I had called in advance and they told me they could possibly help me out the next day, but no guarantees.

When we arrived, Catherine at the front desk was fantastic. We first asked her about the possibility of an early check in since we were exhausted from the flight. Didn't really expect to get it, but than she told us she was going to make it happen and we could get into our room at 9am! Lifesaver!

Then we ask about getting the 2 beds... Once again, she made it happen, no problem at all.

Her customer service was EXCELLENT and although I just got here, I would highly recommend it for the price, location and level of service.

I'll be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear that our front desk agents were able to facilitate a good experience and that you enjoyed the conveniences of our location.Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and I hope to see you again at Paramount Hotel soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

First and foremost, this hotel is good value for money. In a city where you seemingly pay more per square foot for a hotel room than any other city in the world, the prices at this place are good. Or at least they have been during my two stays.

The lobby is really very very cool - much nicer than you would expect for the rates they charge.

Staff at check-in were very polite and I was offered complimentary wifi which I appreciated.

When I got to my room (441), it was tiny to say the least, and I had paid slightly more when booking for what was meant to be a bit of a bigger room. I was travelling on my own though and it was 10 at night so I just unpacked. I then went downstairs for a drink at the bar and while I was down there I raised the issue of the small room with the receptionist. I was told that it was in fact one of their smallest in that room category (an overly suspicious me would suggest this means I was put in a room of a lower category but not knowing the intricacies of their room categorisation, I did not question it). I was told there was nothing else available that night but if I wanted to pack the next day I could possibly be moved somewhere else. As as was in town for work and was due to be spending very little time at the hotel, I settled for what I had been given.

Staff at the bar were very pleasant, offering me food right before the kitchen shut (lots of places will discourage you at such a late hour so the kitchen staff can get off on time) which was appreciated. Quite pricey though.

Back to the room - decor was quite nice, TV was great, iPod dock etc. Bed was a decent size and VERY comfy. It was a little tatty 'round the edges though - the window did not shut properly so there was always a draft, the bathroom was miniscule, the sink had no plug and worst of all, storage was VERY limited. In the cupboard there were two drawers with a safe on top, meaning any clothes you hung could not hang properly - the bottom of them rested on the top of the safe.

Finally the location - if you're a tourist it is amazing. I was working nearby too so it was ideal for me.

Overall , if you don't plan on spending much time in your room (who would given the location of this hotel?) and the rates are as cheap as when I have stayed (under £200/night), I would certainly consider this hotel. When you arrive, you feel you are staying somewhere far more plush than you have paid for. I will look up rates for it for sure next time I go to NYC.

P.S. One more gripe - when I checked out, the lady on reception was listening (loudly) to music on her mobile phone which she had placed on her desk. She didn't switch this off the whole time I was checking out and I am fairly certain it was not music that the designers and feng-shui experts will have had in mind when planning the lobby. A bit lame, really.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the lifts and make sure you get the room you pay for!