“A TRIPLE AAA !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paramount Hotel Times Square New York

You added Paramount Hotel Times Square New York to your Saves list
Paramount Hotel Times Square New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   235 W 46th Street, Between Broadway & 8th Avenue, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #331 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Paris, France
“A TRIPLE AAA !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I'm a frequent business traveler - I do not use to post my opinions - When a place is good , we use to keep the "clue" in our circle . We share good places between us ...
But this time , i HAVE to "post at loud" my last experience with the PARAMOUNT in Nyc
The Paramount is a very nice place to stay - family or business . All was perfect . And believe me , it's not that easy to give a AAA ! !
Thanks guys ! and keep your kindness !
The French Team ...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you kindly for your review of the Paramount Hotel. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that your visit was so memorable! We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Don Fraser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
hong kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

It seems like Aby Rosen has been fixing up this historic hotel and giving it some signature touches since he bought it a couple of years ago. Yes, the rooms are small by the standards of some other cities, but they're nothing unusual for New York. The lobby bar/restaurant is pretty cool, they have a zinc bar and friendly barkeeps. Your perception will probably depend on how much you're paying for the room, around $200 including taxes seems about right.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you kindly for your review of the Paramount Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff delivered the friendly and outstanding service that the Paramount Hotel is known for. I will share your comment with them, so that they are aware of your kind compliments. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Long Pond, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Newly renovated so CHIC 2013 love the entrance very comfy i must say love the lighting it remind me of the NYC Upscale Night Life. Room was very Clean not so happy about the bathroom it can use an Update however the bed is comfy Quiets halls VERY CLEAN. ABOVE IT ALL From the begining the Customer Service was ONPOINT. i felt like they really appreciated my buisness exactly hwo someone wants to feel spending money. CriStar is truly a STAR shes so kind so helpful & well knowledgeable of the area & whats what. Wish they had a Loyalty program

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful mention of Crystar, our Guest Service Agent. We will pass on your fantastic feedback for her service as soon as possible, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Toronto,Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I went with my mom to New York for the 1st time. We checked in at 1am and it was in the middle of a heatwave, the air conditioner in our room wasnt working. The next morning, they upgraded us to a room with 2 beds instead of 1 and they also gave us free breakfast for every morning that we were there for. That was really enjoyable. The food was great and the environment was classy and nice. The hotel is in an amazing location which is right at Times Square. The rooms are small but they are very nice. I would definately go back to this hotel. The staff is very friendly and are constantly trying to please their customers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you kindly for your review of the Paramount Hotel. I am sorry to hear of the issue with your Air Conditioning Unit, but I am delighted to hear that the staff went above and beyond to make sure the rest of your stay went so well! I will absolutely share your comment with them.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The rudiest front desk staff I have ever encounter in all my years of traveling. Hotel policy will not allow you to do early check in. I am currently sitting in the lobby with 50 other people (have been for 5 hours). I prepaid for my room for a "discounted" rate and see they have availability for $100 cheaper a night. They will not make an adjustment or compensate. I've now been reading other reviews online and can only hope the room I do eventual get has room for me and my luggage and comes with hot water. Wish me luck!!! Also, I like how the restaurant has a "B" rating so they keep it hidden.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your review, and I am so sorry for the long wait to check in. We try to turnover as many rooms as possible so that guests can check in earlier, but we do understand if this is frustrating. We will absolutely try to work at a quicker pace to turn over rooms so that our guests can relax right when they check in, and we thank you for your understanding.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

• Stayed June 2013
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you kindly for your review of our hotel, and allow me to apologize if you cannot check in early. Please know that even if we have a high number of guests in our hotel, we work as quickly and efficiently as possible to have rooms ready for our guests. I am sorry there was a wait for you to check in, and we will try to rectify this with our staff for the future.

Nashville, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

In my 18 years of traveling to New York City I have never had a worse hotel stay. No matter what rate they offer you, run away and pay more for a decent night's stay. I found an awesome rate for one night as we laid over before a 10 day trip to Europe. Upon check-in I overheard a woman complaining because she had no running water in her room. When I got up to the counter I asked about it and the girl assured me that the water problem was just on the 11th floor. She said they had a water line go out and when I pressed her for information she said again it was just on the 11th floor and that we would have no problems. I was happy to hear that because we had just walked from Penn station hauling our luggage in the rain. We had 45 minutes to freshen up before meeting friends for dinner. We hurried to our room on the 17th floor only to find our commode wouldn't flush and we had absolutely no running water whatsoever. I called down to the front desk and they apologized and told me by the time we got back from dinner our water would be running. So off we go, no ability to freshen up, we looked and felt terrible for dinner. When we arrived back late that night our water was fine and we were happy. At 4:00am as we slept soundly, the commode started flushing on it's own and the pipes started clanging so loudly that it woke my husband and me up. We laid there for a few minutes hoping the noise would stop and the commode would stop but it never did. We both got up and tried to see if we could make it go away, but could not. After about an hour of trying to go back to sleep amid the noise, we finally relented and got up to get ready for our day. We had a meeting in a couple of hours in the city anyway so we thought we would get up and get an early start. As I started to get in the shower, NOTHING! No water again. The noise had finally stopped, but the commode wouldn't flush again and we had no running water in the sink either. I called the front desk again and they said the best they could do was move us to another room. It's 5:30-6:00am, we're in pajamas, unpacked, and in order to get showers we have to pack everything and move to another room. They brought us another key and we carried all of our stuff in our pajamas down to another floor. I checked and yes there was running water, but to our surprise, someone had defecated in the commode. The room was clean except for that and it was disgusting. As I finally got to the shower, in the meantime the manager tried to get in the room and he wanted to know why we were in there, my husband had to explain our presence. He finally left us alone and we were able to get ready for our meeting. Upon leaving I went to the front desk and talked to the clerk and the only thing Paramount did right was to cut my bill in half, so I appreciate them doing that. As I said earlier, I was headed to a 10 day trip to Europe. I had cash on me, but had kept very little money in my account and had budgeted what was left in there for subways, taxis, etc, the smaller of my expenditures on the trip. We went out to catch the subway and my card was declined. I didn't understand why, but we had to spend the cash on subway cards that I had budgeted for other things. That evening when I finally had a few minutes I checked my account and saw that they had not only charged me full price for the room plus held out $75 more for incidentals, but then they charged me the new room rate as well. My account was in overdraft. I called the hotel only to be told their system was down and they couldn't help me. I was about to get on a 7 hour plane ride and couldn't call back. I talked to a girl in "accounting" and told her what was going on and that I desperately needed them to release those funds because they were needed for the trip. She assured me they would be released that night and would call me back and leave me a voicemail to make sure I knew they were. Of course, that was just another lie from Paramount Hotel, I never heard from that girl again, and the funds were not released in my account for 6 more days. REALLY messed up my trip financially and just about ruined our time in New York. So needless to say I'm here to tell you to run as fast as you can away from this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you kindly for taking the time to write your review. I want to sincerely apologize for the incidents you experienced while staying here. We did have unforeseen issues with our water during your time here, but the guest service agent should have reached out to others to confirm that your water was working. I will make sure to pass this along to our Front Desk, as well as our Accounting team to make sure that followup is a necessity at our property. I apologize again, and we would love to host you for a more positive experience in the future.

Don Fraser

Been to Paramount Hotel Times Square New York? Share your experiences!