“Our ten year anniversary. Good times! ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #124 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dallas, Texas
“Our ten year anniversary. Good times! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I stayed at Novotel New York Times Square in April for 5 days. We stayed on the upper floors and heard no street noise at all. The hotel is a few blocks from Times Square. The room is equipped with a fridge so we bought drinks from the store just around the corner. We saw a broadway play called Gigi on Broadway, the auditorium is only a few feet away from the hotel. The staff seemed friendly. We didn't try the buffet, $25 is too much. Will definitely recommend Novotel to friends and family.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed there for three night. The room was fine for manhattan but the hotel itself is purly run. A few examples - I saw the barman fighting with one of the workers in front of the castumers. The hotel name neon light are missing letters and nobody fixing it, and when I left for the airport the doorman was trying to convince me to take a non-registered taxi for 95 dollats to the airport, saying it is cheaper than the yellow cabs. The manager of this hotel is doing a pure job!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Good room, service and great location in Midtown West. The rooms were very comfortable and they had a great place to have a drink. Very close by to anything, I enjoyed my stay very much. Staff was reasonably friendly and the overall expenses were ok.

Stayed September 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Novotel New York Times Square is actually several blocks North of that iconic location but still extremely convenient to the theatre district and nearby restaurants. I only stayed there for one night and my room was comfortable and quiet. However for New York City prices I expect better amenities. Lack of a bath mat and plastic cups in the bathroom are more characteristic of a motel chain than a luxury hotel. The staff seemed ill trained as it took me longer to both check in and check out than it should have. With competition from multiple other hotels in the area the Novotel doesn't rise to the top tier.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

If you plan to shop 5th Ave, go to a Broadway show, walk to Columbus Circle, Central Park or be right in the middle of Times Square this is a great hotel choice. I found my room to be very clean with a comfortable bed. The restaurant bar has several choices but pricey drinks. They do offer happy hour but it's limited as to what's included. The service is hit and miss. Some employees Re nicer than others. I would have liked a coffee shop with latte style drinks on site but that's really the only complaint that I have. I plan to stay here again when in the city.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This is a 2 part review. We have stayed here before and loved the deck. It was a little cold this trip. They did a great job redoing the hotel since we last stayed. The updated rooms are excellent and the lobby is nice. The bad part is that I believed that I booked with breakfast included in the price. When we checked out we were surprised with a 200 bill for breakfast. I told them that I booked it with breakfast, but to no avail did they help me out. I sent a letter to the corporate office and they did not respond. I could have stayed at a much better hotel had I known thy I was going to pay extra for breakfast. Beware when you book.

Stayed April 2015
NovotelNYC, Manager at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for your great feedback regarding our renovations, guest rooms, and lobby. With that said, we do apologize that you encountered an issue upon check out. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can investigate and ensure errors like this do not happen in the future.
Haywards Heath, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A great hotel in the heart of the Mid town district overlooking Times Square.
Strange entrance via lift to modern lobby area which is spacious but dimly lit which creates atmosphere.
Reception staff were helpful and explained the hotel facilities well.
Room on the 12th flor was good. Plenty of space, comfortable bed and linen. Super soft pillows.
Only negative was that even with all the lights on you could not see in to the wardrobe as it was dark.
Bathroom was a wet room with a very good shower with rain head and hand held.
We only had breakfast on one morning in the hotel and it was ok but pricey at $25. We ventured to Applebee's over the road when the breakfast there was great and half the price.
Would recommend and go back next time...

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
NovotelNYC, Manager at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your kind review, Mike. Though we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us overall, I do apologize that you found it difficult to see within the wardrobe area in your guest room. Please know I will share your comments with appropriate personnel. We are grateful for your recommendation and willingness to return to our property.

Been to Novotel New York Times Square? Share your experiences!