“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #128 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

We had a wonderful stay. We even fell in love with our cleaning lady who was from Greece. She helped nurse my wife back to health, who fell ill for a few day. She was like a mother to her. I left a bag in the room after check out and they promptly mailed it to me. Service was above and beyond!! Highly satisfied!!

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We had a great stay here. Perfect location, comfortable beds, beautiful decor, helpful staff, computers and games handy in lobby, very fair price. A great hotel! We did not eat breakfast there, but it looked like a nice area. We used a corner deli for good breakfast choices.

Room Tip: There is a deli on the corner with excellent breakfast choices.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
MarcSternagel, General Manager at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your positive feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I’ve said it before: The whole idea about brands, such as the Accor range of brands, is about predictability. Customers know what to expect, wherever they are, and therefore it’s “only” about meeting these expectations. But you can exceed those expectations. Novotel New York Times Square does exactly that.

It all starts with a fairly unusual ground-floor entrance. It’s surprisingly small, in some ways unpretentious, but with its blue and green light orgy, it suggests that something unusual lies in the wait. It continues with a spectacular 7th floor lobby. The lobby expands into a bar and restaurant area, overlooking Broadway and with a view on Times Square at the far end. The design is pretty futuristic. Is it beautiful? Opinions will be divided. Is it exciting? You’d bet! Enter into this space and you know, you’ve got exciting days ahead.

The Supernova bar (what a name!) offers a wide selection of drinks and the restaurant with that spectacular Times Square view has a reasonable choice of meals on the menu card. New York prices, obviously, but the food is good! Get a table near the huge sound-proof windows and enjoy the enticing glitz and magic of New York’s heart. With jazz as the musical backdrop, this is a cool, stylish eating experience.

Rooms are nice and spacious with a modern look and bathrooms are in the upgraded Novotel style (yes, much appreciated). Compared to the rest, the latter may perhaps appear dull, but they are definitely OK. Other Novotels in need: Please follow suit!

Staff are really friendly, attentive and most helpful.

Any sour points? What happened to the in-room coffee-maker? (The demise of the minibar shall not be mourned). And please, next time, fewer syrupy Christmas songs at breakfast. Sinatra and friends, I do apologise, but “your way’” is really not mine.

For my wife and I, this was our second visit to this hotel. It could become a habit.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Claus, we are greatly honored by your thoughtful review! I am very proud to read that we were able to exceed your expectations with our spacious, contemporary guest rooms and professional service. Thank you.
Lund, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We just stayed there December 10-15, 2014 and absolutely loved it. The location is perfect. We were right in the middle of the theater district, a few blocks from Hells Kitchen and a stones throw from the action in Times Square. We were also walking distance to just about everything including Macys, Central Park & Bryant Park. Our concierge at the hotel was instrumental in getting us tickets to "Rock Of Ages"...which wasn't an easy feat. The only criticism I would have is that the hotel's food isn't that great but the rest of the property is fabulous. They are newly renovated so our room was also perfect. If you are looking for a place to stay in Times Square in New York...I would highly recommend Hotel Novotel....Happy Travels!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
MarcSternagel, General Manager at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this review, 3 days ago
We are happy you were pleased with our accommodations and found our staff friendly and helpful, especially when getting your tickets to Rock of Ages! Thank you again for the kind words. We hope to see you the next time you visit NYC.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Is one of the only hotels from Accor that I stayed that a frequent traveler status was totally ignored. The room on the first night was a twin on a low floor and with view to a steam engine. When I requested that I haven't reserved and a twin and if they have a higher floor the answer was: Oui, mais non! I could only change room on the next day, after remembering the staff 3 times as nothing was included on my reservation to do that by the end of the day. If they treat a platinum member like this, I wonder how they would treat others, Said that, the location is great for tourism and business, right in the Times Square and with great views to it.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We do our best to provide each and every guest with the best possible service, and I am sorry that we seem to have missed the mark in this particular instance.
Campinas, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The location is great, in the heart of Broadway, with a lot of restaurants nearby and in a two minutes walk to 50st/Broadway subway station. The room was beautiful, and with a nice bathroom. All very clean and tide. The staff were good, very attentive and kind (well, most of them).
And that's it. The rest was the worst cost/benefit I had encounter in hotels so far.
But how can I complain after highlighting such benefits? Well, may be I´m exaggerating, but the charges of some services really bothered me, considering the level of the hotel and the rates paid to stay there.
First, the wi-fi. Been used with the Ibis branch of Accor Hotels (where the service is free), I was surprised, when trying to connect, I discovered that the wi-fi for guests had a charge of 19,90 dollars. Been a member of the Accor Le Club program, I was able to get it for free, but still considered unacceptable a charge for this service in a hotel in this price range.
Then, the breakfast. Also charged. 27 dollars per person per day. I can understand this police in a low budget hotel, like Ibis. But in a hotel such as this? Paying that much?
My point is, despite been a very nice hotel this overcharging in basic services can´t be accepted when paying that much. You can either find a place less expensive with a good comfort level and then pay for this extras if you want then, or pay a little more for something in the same/higher level of comfort and with all included.
So as a traveler I found this hotel of a terrible cost/benefit and have some serious reservations in recommending it.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Paulo and Barbara, we greatly appreciate your feedback and will utilize your comments during future planning. Thank you for staying with us.

Been to Novotel New York Times Square? Share your experiences!