“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel is super. great location and fantastic rooms and bathrooms. We stayed on 15th floor overlooking Times Square. great view and spotlessly clean. The open terrace on floor 7, where reception and the bar is, proved to be a welcome retreat after pounding the streets of New York.sitting with a nice cool drink looking down on the hustle and bustle was the icing on the cake. I'll be back and would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014
MarcSternagel, General Manager at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Hi Adrienne - Thank you for your fantastic review and recommendation! We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sault Sainte Marie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was with the Holiday Tour Group April 10, 2014 thru April 14, 2014. Arrived at noon to find a very nice, clean room, and was on my way soon after. Saw 6 Broadway shows in 4 days. Beautiful was my favorite, the Carole King Story, but all were excellent beginning with Phantom of the Opera, Jersey Boys, Mama Mia, The Garrison Keilor Show, and Mothers and Sons. Lessons I learned included using the cab service more, walking less, make plans ahead of time as you would waste too much time trying to get a ticket to a TV show, eat some street food, and skip the Empire State Building. I would definitely stay at the Novotel again, and I can't wait to come back. I'd like to give our maid, Winnie, a shout out for keeping the room, 1209, so nice each day. The breakfast buffet was absolutely wonderful each morning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
MarcSternagel, General Manager at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Hi Meta - It sounds like you had a wonderful time in NYC! We appreciate your kind words about our hotel. We'd love to serve you again!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Staff are rude, Geraldine put a dampener on our entire stay with her attitude at check-in. Gave them many chances to fix the issues. Spoke to Letitia about how we were spoken to and she came back 2 hours later with a "solution" - we could go to the check-in desk and be apologised to. Sure felt like doing that after a long-haul flight.
Lorena was great, was the first person to even apologise for any inconvenience. She took my email for the general manager to contact me but that still hasn't happened. I didn't expect any different.
Housekeeping barely cleaned the room, the toilet wasn't cleaned and the room wasn't vacuumed our entire 6 night stay.
We cancelled the rest of our booking and moved, it was that bad. I explained this to Ian at the desk on checkout, he pretended not to hear me and then quietly asked my sister where we were going when I had turned away.
Looking forward to a generic "copy paste" response below this review, that's all they seem capable of. That's why I'm writing an email to Accor head office once I'm done with this. Don't waste your money here. Ruined most of my first trip to the US.

• Stayed April 2014
MarcSternagel, General Manager at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Hi Kirsten - Though your review is obviously not the caliber of review we enjoy receiving, we appreciate all feedback we receive from guests. We will certainly be addressing your review with our team to see where we missed the mark on this occasion. We've contacted you via email in order to discuss the situation further.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here with on a girls trip to NYC and couldn't have asked for a better location. It was an ideal base to explore the sights of NYC and not far to walk to many of the main attractions, Empire State Building, Central Park, Tiffany's and of course Times Square. We had a twin room which was clean, comfortable and spacious and even a view of Times Square. The rooftop restaurant/bar overlooking Times Square was amazing and served delicious (but pricey) cocktails. Breakfast wasn't cheap either but it was delicious with very friendly service and good selection of dishes. Would highly recommend it for friends or couples visiting the city.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind remarks. I'm pleased to read you enjoyed our very central location and comfortable accommodations for your girls trip. Hope to see you again for the next one!
aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Just back after spending 5 nights at Novotel Times Square ,the room was clean and really nice would recommend this hotel to friends,nice touch was airport check in at reception, we printed off our boarding passes so when we got to JFK we went to bag drop and avoided the huge check in line,

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay. We're thrilled we were able to provide you with a good hotel in a good location. I'm also happy to read we could help expedite your airport check-in. That's always nice! Hope to see you again if you should return to NYC.
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed here with my Mam and Auntie for a birthday shopping trip. After reading some excellent reviews, I felt confident that I'd chosen the right hotel and I wasn't disappointed. We had two double beds in the room and the room was big enough for the three of us. Towels were replaced daily and the hair dryer in the bathroom was better than the travel one that I brought with me. It was nice to have an i dock and a fridge too. As we were there for my birthday, they had left a card and some cakes upon arrival and free wi fi which was a lovely touch. The hotel is ideally located and we had no problems with anything whilst we were there. We had requested a high floor and a quiet room and we never heard a thing throughout our trip. It was handy being able to check in and print out our boarding passes too. I would certainly return!

Stayed April 2014
MarcSternagel, General Manager at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your great review, Anne. We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as your time in NYC. Hopefully it was a successful birthday shopping trip!

Been to Novotel New York Times Square? Share your experiences!