“Fantastic location for a sightseeing trip” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Summer offer: -25% off
Ranked #130 of 451 hotels in New York City
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location for a sightseeing trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here with on a girls trip to NYC and couldn't have asked for a better location. It was an ideal base to explore the sights of NYC and not far to walk to many of the main attractions, Empire State Building, Central Park, Tiffany's and of course Times Square. We had a twin room which was clean, comfortable and spacious and even a view of Times Square. The rooftop restaurant/bar overlooking Times Square was amazing and served delicious (but pricey) cocktails. Breakfast wasn't cheap either but it was delicious with very friendly service and good selection of dishes. Would highly recommend it for friends or couples visiting the city.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
MarcSternagel, General Manager at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you for your kind remarks. I'm pleased to read you enjoyed our very central location and comfortable accommodations for your girls trip. Hope to see you again for the next one!

1,062 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Just back after spending 5 nights at Novotel Times Square ,the room was clean and really nice would recommend this hotel to friends,nice touch was airport check in at reception, we printed off our boarding passes so when we got to JFK we went to bag drop and avoided the huge check in line,

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay. We're thrilled we were able to provide you with a good hotel in a good location. I'm also happy to read we could help expedite your airport check-in. That's always nice! Hope to see you again if you should return to NYC.
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed here with my Mam and Auntie for a birthday shopping trip. After reading some excellent reviews, I felt confident that I'd chosen the right hotel and I wasn't disappointed. We had two double beds in the room and the room was big enough for the three of us. Towels were replaced daily and the hair dryer in the bathroom was better than the travel one that I brought with me. It was nice to have an i dock and a fridge too. As we were there for my birthday, they had left a card and some cakes upon arrival and free wi fi which was a lovely touch. The hotel is ideally located and we had no problems with anything whilst we were there. We had requested a high floor and a quiet room and we never heard a thing throughout our trip. It was handy being able to check in and print out our boarding passes too. I would certainly return!

Stayed April 2014
MarcSternagel, General Manager at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your great review, Anne. We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as your time in NYC. Hopefully it was a successful birthday shopping trip!
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

The Times Square view did not disappoint. The hotel was close to all the key Midtown tourist spots.

The room was clean throughout our stay.

A slightly weird incident happened on our first day (which is why I have given this hotel four stars rather than five). We had flown in from New Zealand and upon check in went to our room to crash for a few hours because we were like the living dead. Part way through our nap a member of the hotel staff opens the door and immediately apologises before walking out again. I am not too sure what happened here - I assume they thought the room was empty. Still, it did not make us angry and just gave us a laugh afterwards.

Mid-slumber visitors aside, our stay at Novotel New York Times Square was good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MarcSternagel, General Manager at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Thank you for your honest review. I certainly apologize for our team member entering without fair warning. We take that very seriously, and will review your feedback with our team. Nonetheless, I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and your time in NYC.
Manchester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Although not cheap, this hotel is newly renovated and the excellent rooms are much better than other Novotels I've stayed in. The lobby area is always busy, but check in was efficient. Good concierge.

The location is superb....just a few steps from Times Square and less than 5 minutes to a subway station. MOMA and The Rockerfeller Centre are a few minutes walk away.

The restaurant has floor to ceiling windows giving a stunning panorama of Times Square. I had to pinch myself every time I ate breakfast here. The breakfast buffet was a bit pricey at 27$ and exactly the same every day, but I felt worth it for the view. It was cold and snowy when I was there, but they do have an outside terrace which will be perfect for warmer weather.

The room itself was nicely designed with large flat screen TV, fridge, very comfortable bed and good work desk. There was no coffee maker but the hotel was happy to provide a kettle when I enquired about this.

I can't compare it to other hotels in New York, but I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the Novotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
MarcSternagel, General Manager at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for your fantastic review and recommendation!
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Perfectly located for exploring Manhattan and Central Park. Very modern design. Lively lobby. Fitness Center is small but pretty well equipped. Towels and water are provided in the Center, so there's no need to bring your own.
Minus points for what appears to be an unreliable reservation system. Despite having given Novotel nearly a year's notice, they still couldn't provide my family with two adjacent rooms. In fact, only a last minute cancellation got us two rooms on the same floor. Also, they were unable to provide a room with a king sized bed. Odd, considering the sheer size of the hotel.
The IT in the lobby area is not user friendly. The airport check-in workstation did not work and the PCs were either calibrated in French or were not properly connected to the printer. Fortunately, one of the very friendly American staff members printed our boarding passes from her office.
Concierges appear to be French. Very knowledgeable but with that curious Parisian superpower (yes, even in New York), to make you feel subservient even though they are technically working for you.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I certainly apologize for some of the issues you encountered during your stay with us. I will be sharing your review with our team to see how we can make improvements going forward.

Been to Novotel New York Times Square? Share your experiences!