“Nice 3 Nights” 4 of 5 stars
Review of New York Marriott Marquis

You added New York Marriott Marquis to your Saves list
New York Marriott Marquis
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1535 Broadway, At 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
ma
“Nice 3 Nights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The rooms were large and comfortable, we asked for a refrigerator and it was brought right up. We got a corner Times Square room on the 38th floor and didn't notice any construction noise. It was in a great location in Times Square. We ate at Carmines down the street and it was a great family restaurant. (The food was great - yum) We walked to Rockerfeller Plaza and then continued to 5th Avenue and Central Park. The only thing we question is the 2 person rule in the concierge lounge. It was my husband, myself and my son and the lounge wasn't even 25% full for bfast and they wouldn't let the three of us in because of the 2 person rule (a rule is a rule he said). I think they should allow 3 or 4 people in if the room is empty. They felt bad and said that we could bring the food to our room but it's hard for three people to sit in our room at the desk with one chair and enjoy bfast. We enjoyed 9/11 memorial and museum, Little Italy, the NY media boat tour and central park while here and had a great time! We would stay here again because we are Marriott Elite, the room was big and it was in a great location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MAamyp

Corona del Mar, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is the perfect hotel to stay in to get everywhere! We walked to plays and subway entrances. When we needed a taxi, they were always right there. Our room was nice and the housekeeping staff were wonderful. They kept the room clean and always were glad to help with any request.
We ate in the bar area and had a great food.
I absolutely would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
San Bruno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I was recommended this hotel by a family member and thank goodness we were. The establishment is practically in the center of Times Square, and one side (the side we happened to face) is directly across the street from Broadway. Needless to say we didn't have to walk very far for food or entertainment.

We stayed on the highest floor of the hotel and the view was incredible. The room itself was clean, modern and roomy for my partner and two children. And the gym is incredible (who wouldn't want to work out in front of a panoramic window view of Times Square?!)

We will be returning on out next trip out to New York.

Stayed February 2014
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have already reviewed it. I said it was great with very limited negative comments like (about breakfast staff attitudes) an dlack of shower caps in bathroom.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

An superbly place/,located hotel in the centre of the Theatre action area.
The Hotel is very modern, our 11th floor room was large and the bathroom looked nearly brand new.
A unique computerised elevator system in the core of the building and the rooms are set in a forum style around the central core of the building. Ours faced the 1540 Broadway illuminated signage. Even at night when you open the curtains you think its daytime. The curtains do very well in keeping out the light.
Breakfast is excellent. They even cater for Gluten intolerent diets. Some of the staff (several not all) however at breakfast seemed to feel their job was a chore- not rude but slowish and some seemed disinterested.

One negative, they don't provide shower caps, which was very strange as we had stayed in about 9 other equal or slightly lesser hotels in North east USA and Canada and they all did..

We were allowed to overstay our 12 noon check out without any problem for some extra 30-50minutes,

We found the wi fi easy to access. We didn't pay because we were with a tour group, but there are circumstance where you may need to pay, so watch that. The lobby (on the 8th floor) had free Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: Cant comment on other floors.
Green Features: They have the usual " save the environment " stuff regarding towels etc.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars
Brian L, Guest Relations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
We appreciate you staying with us and providing such a great review of your experience! We do certainly provide meals to meet many different dietary restrictions and I'm glad you found gluten intolerant items to enjoy. Also, while shower caps are not a standard in-room amenity, we do provide them based on request so feel free to ask. Thank you so much and we can't wait to host you again in the near future!
Freeland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was very much looking forward to staying at this hotel because of its stellar reputation. The behavior of some staff members clouded the experience for me. I traveled with my sister, who is a Marriott Gold member. No one seemed to care. Our room was not ready at 3 PM, and the indifferent and impersonal front-desk clerk told her there were "no rooms with views available" and that my sister should have "paid in full in advance" to get a room with a view. At my sister's insistence, she kept searching and finally miraculously found a king room with a sofa bed for three people with a view.
Concierge staff were worse. Every time I had a question for the concierge, I stood in front of the desk while the person snapped "just a moment", typed on his or her computer for two minutes, and then said "can I help you" without even looking up.
The coup de grace was when, on our last morning at the hotel, a member of housekeeping banged on our door at 8 am to ask us if we were "done in the room" yet. My sister asked her when check-out time was and she replied, "now through 11 in the morning". When my sister informed her that no, we were not done, she did apologize later on when she saw us in the hallway, but probably only because she sensed my sister's wrath!
Concierge lounge: Breakfast is average, member can only bring one guest, and NO free drinks at cocktail hour.
Bottom line: Location good. View is wonderful (if you're lucky enough to snag a room with a view). Staff: Uppity and rude, they do NOT treat Gold members like Gold members.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Lisa H
Thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing your experience. I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations and I will review your comments with my team so we can focus on improving our service. Please accept my apologies that your room was not ready at 3:00pm. Our standard check-in time is at 4:00pm and we do our best to accommodate guests earlier when their room is ready. I will also make sure to speak with our Concierge team as this does not represent the high level of service we hold our associates to. I hope you'll give us another chance in the future to show you the true guest experience we strive to provide.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Love this hotel! It is perfectly located 1 block from Times Square! But it is still very quiet if you stay in the upper level rooms. The concierge desk is very helpful and the dining near Times Square is superb!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks so much for staying at the New York Marriott Marquis! We're happy to hear you enjoyed everything and we can't wait to have you back again soon.