“They Have Upped Their Game” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New York Marriott Marquis

You added New York Marriott Marquis to your Saves list
New York Marriott Marquis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1535 Broadway, At 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Brkfst, Wifi, Attractions
Ranked #176 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Berwyn, PA
“They Have Upped Their Game”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The Marquis has the best location in NY city. Located in Times Square, it is all outside your front door. My wife and I have stayed there numerous times and returned again last weekend.
The past two times we stayed there, we both felt the service had slipped significantly. Something has changed. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted and welcomed. Check-in was very smooth.

Arriving on our floor, we asked a housekeeping supervisor a question. Not only did he answer it but insisted on showing to our room. Throughout our stay the staff was terrific.

The Marquis is back. I for one am very glad.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Brian L, Guest Relations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
We're delighted you returned to our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to share your review. This is exactly the level of service that we strive to provide and I will recognize the team for a job well done. We can't wait until your next trip to New York City!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,305)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I arrived early and expected to have to wait for a room. We were pleasantly surprised with a corner room, facing the square, available. Many thanks to Eduardo Pirolli at the front desk, who took a little extra time to find us a great room with an amazing view...it was the perfect addition to our anniversary getaway. The service at the Marquis is unmatched anywhere and we look forward to returning again soon!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Brian L, Guest Relations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for providing such wonderful feedback about your stay. I will be sure the associate who helped you at the front desk is recognized for his great work. We're happy you chose to spend your anniversary with us and we hope to have you back for many more!
Port Orange, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I had a business meeting in NYC and took my daughter with me for her 16th birthday. When I told the desk clerk, he immediately made sure that we had a room with view on the 21st floor. It was a great room with two double beds, a small sofa, and a small table. The view is incredible. You can see Times Square and all it's glory. My daughter and I got tickets to see the Phantom of the Opera, right in the hotel. It was pouring outside, so that was very convenient. We ended up eating in the hotel also and got a wonderful waiter, Bob, who ended up making a big deal of my daughter's birthday and made her feel special. The food was delicious but a bit on the expensive side for comfort food. Most of the theaters are literally about a block away. It was pouring outside, but we didn't have far to walk, which was great. Sardis is right near there too and so is Junior's. The next morning, we had breakfast in the small deli/Starbucks on the 8th floor. We had a couple of bagels, coffee, and fruit. We ended up walking to my meeting, which was at a local university. My daughter and I spent the rest of the day shopping. When we got back to the hotel, we'd missed seeing another show so we had some bar food at the Broadway Lounge, which also has a great view of Times Square. We were going to go to the View, but it offered only a three-course meal, most of which wasn't for a vegetarian and cost $80 a piece. I'm sure it was worth it, but my daughter wouldn't have eaten most of what was offered. The Lounge was fine. Lots of families, business people, and tour groups were there too. We had a couple of appetizers and it cost me over $80. The view was great.

I also wanted to mention that everyone in the hotel from the desk clerk to the housekeeping staff were really professional and friendly. My daughter forgot her toothbrush. I called the front desk and someone came to our room with a new one. That was great because we were so tired from traveling, I don't think our feet could have gone another step.

I really loved the service at this hotel. The room was tidy and modern with ultra comfy beds. It's very well situated to put you in the heart of NYC, especially in the theater district. The restaurants were also very good, just a tad more expensive than I would have liked but it's NYC.

Overall, our stay was excellent! I would return again in a heart beat!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor with a view of Times Square.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Brian L, Guest Relations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for sharing this great experience with us! I will make sure that the associates you mentioned are recognized for their hard work in creating a memorable stay for you and your daughter. I hope we see you again when you are back in New York City!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My friends and I stayed here for 1 amazing night. I'm a Marriott girl and usually am not disappointed by them. I love this hotel because of its location, location, location. I was able to get a great government rate. The room was spacious by New York Hotel room standards. Our 42nd floor standard room had 2 double beds and a small sofa....coffee maker, TV, safe....The usual things in a hotel room. But the big thing for me was the "space". It was four of us and we didn't feel crowded. But we were there for only 1 night. The beds were SUPER comfy. The shower was wonderful. The elevator system is quite savvy. There are panels outside around the elevator lifts. You enter the floor no. and its tells you which elevator lift to take. There are no buttons inside the elevator itself. The elevator lifts are alphabetically numbered and I believe there are about 12 of them. Never really had to wait long for an elevator. It's a busy hustling hotel. We ate at one of the restaurants for lunch and it was delightful. The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly. One minor nit: We were catching a cab to Penn Station. The staff who hailed the cab for us could have told us to catch the cab on the other side of the hotel lobby, because of the direction we were heading. Since they didn't, the cab driver informed us that we could have just walked around and caught the cab on the other side, because he has to go around the block and now we would have to pay for sitting in traffic (because NYC Times Square traffic is horrible) when we could have easily walked to the other side of the lobby area to catch a cab and would have avoided the wait and saved ourselves about $8.00. So beware of which side you are catching a cab and the direction you are heading. Only other thing I would recommend is having queen size beds. Doubles are over with! Loved the hotel, loved the stay, love The Marriott!

Room Tip: Our room was a view of the Hudson River. It was gorgeous.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel! We pride ourselves on delivering a memorable experience for our guests and it's great to see that you loved everything. I will speak with our Guest Services team about the issue you had with the taxi so we can be more conscious of that in the future. We can't wait to see you again when you are back in New York City!
Chepstow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Staff really helpful, rooms spotless with comfortable beds. We had a slight issue where the people in the room above ours were taking a shower. Unfortunately the shower leaked into our room. We reported this to reception and we had our room changed within an hour. Right in the heart of Time Square where there is plenty of hustle and bustle. The hotel was a sanctuary to get out of it all and back to peace and quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for providing a review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed everything overall but I'm sorry about the issue you had with the bathroom above your room. It sounds like we were able to correct this by moving your room but please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. I hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again soon!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Times Square is like Vegas: ridiculously crowded and everything in the extreme. I was there for an event at the Marriott Marquis however, and stayed on site. I am so happy I did this because I can't imagine hauling things from one hotel to another, and the service at the hotel was FANTASTIC. From the front desk staff, to concierge, to shipping and receiving dept. The catering dept did a great job for our event as well. And the housekeeper went out of her way repeatedly to help me and make the stay perfect.
The only wish the beds were queens instead of doubles. My family joined for a few days and had to get 2 rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us and leaving a great review of our hotel! I'm glad you got to work with so many different departments in our hotel and everyone made your experience memorable. I will be sure to share your comments with my entire team. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon!
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I stay here occasionally on business. It is a big hotel in the heart of Times Square. Rooms are modern , large and well appointed. Beds are comfortable. Don't expect personalized service in this large hotel but the staff generally does a very good job and everything is very clean. Parking is difficult - you need to call 30 minutes ahead - it is similar to other area hotels. There is a choice of several restaurants in the hotel and a well stocked gift shop. Additionally, Plenty of shopping and eating just out the door of the hotel. Very good - but busy- concierge lounge for marriott gold members. Excellent wifi and fitness facilities.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to New York Marriott Marquis? Share your experiences!