“Right at Times Square” 4 of 5 stars
Review of New York Marriott Marquis

You added New York Marriott Marquis to your Saves list
New York Marriott Marquis
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1535 Broadway, At 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lucerne
“Right at Times Square”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Great, but really bug hotel right at the Times Square. We got a room on the 41st floor with Times Square view. It was amazing. The rooms are big. The bathrooms are alright. One night at 11pm a maid was cleaning a room next to us. The food in the lobby is very expensive.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

As a former new Yorker who returns home often to celebrate the theater, the Marquis in TS is my number one choice: from check in to check out, the gold status marriott guest has everything at her fingertips: great room with a view of NYC, lovely lounge, most importantly, located in the HEART of the theater district.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cath049
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Right on Times Square this hotel is perfectly situated for eating shows and shopping. Unusually the lobby is on the 8th floor once checked in you are presented with a 360 degree panorama view out of the glass elevators that go up in the open area in the centre of this huge skyscraper. This alone is worth the visit! The rooms are typical for a Marriott, the luggage takes 20 mins to arrive and if you ask nickel they will give you complimentary water for the rooms.

Room Tip: Get as high a floor as possible to avoid the noise of the city and get the most enjoyment from the g...
Lindon, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This used to be my favorite hotel in the country. They were the epitome of NYC class and service. I am a Marriott Lifetime Platinum member. I have stayed at this hotel many times. I took my wife for a weekend getaway. I had requested a high floor. We got to the hotel and we walked right by the bellmen with our luggage. None offered to help. My bag was a big rolling duffel. It was fine as I did not mind dragging it but it was strange that they did not offer to help. When I checked in, the man was courteous enough but did not make eye contact. There was nobody in line behind us but he seemed to be in a huge hurry. We were told that we would be on the 26th floor as he handed me the key. As this was a gift trip for my wife, I asked if he had a higher floor. He then checked and said "ok, I can get you on the 44th floor. This was great news but why was it not offered earlier? My only special request was the highest floor possible.

The room was great and the view was awesome.

We needed to catch a cab so we went to the cab line. The line was huge. It seemed there were no cabs coming. There were three doormen helping with cabs. They were all standing around talking. There was nobody in the street trying to call cabs. People in line were complaining and the guys just stood there talking. We eventually went out to the street and a cab pulled right up.

A box had been shipped to the hotel for me. I called down to have it sent up. We waited over half an hour. I then called down and was told they had no idea how long it would take. I asked if they would just leave it in my room. They told me they could not do that as I would have to sign for it. I asked them to leave it at the bell stand as we really had to leave.

When it was time to check out, I went to the bell stand for the box. The girls working at the desk stood there looking at Instagram on her phone. I said hello. She completely ignored me and kept looking at Instagram. I could literally see her screen as she scrolled. Unbelievable! Finally, EDMUND SAVE THE DAY! Edmund is a bellman who reminded me of what old school Marriott service is. He was friendly, helpful and a true delight. He grabbed out bags and escorted us to the taxi downstairs. (By the way, I never did have to sign for the box. I think they just wanted the tip for the delivery) Edmund was awesome! I was so thrilled to get good service that I tipped him $20 for helping with two bags. He has been a bellman there since 1985. Do yourself a favor and ask for him when you need help.

I think this used to be the premier place to stay and now they rely on their location and the view. It is the best location in Times Square, but for the price, it is just not worth it. Next time, we will stay at the Renaissance down the street. We still get great service there.

Room Tip: If you like a good view, try to get on floor 40+.
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank OShawnessy
Ashley R, Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Platinum Premier guest and for staying at the New York Marriott Marquis! Service is always our top priority and I assure you that your comments will be shared with the staff. Please contact me directly at the hotel as I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Hollister, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is our second visit to this hotel. The location is great and if looking for a nice hotel right in the hart of time square close to all the broadway shows this is the hotel for you. The rooms are clean and in good shape. They offer a nice choice of bars and restaurants. And of course walk right outside and you will find plenty to see and do….

1 Thank FreqTraveler831
Columbia,SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

If you like huge ship cruises, this place should fit the bill. Hugely overpriced ( even by NYC standards), after a long weekend there I still can't figure out the attraction.

A few good points- room sizes above average for NYC and fairly quite given the huge number of people. Near the Broadway shows too but So are a couple hundred nicer places a few blocks away.

The gauntlet of hawkers that you have to go through in order to come and go grows old after awhile. Basic items like grabbing a cup of coffee at the lobby shop can easily turn into a 20-30 minute wait since the place is woefully understaffed. All things considered, I would look elsewhere.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not live up to the standards we strive to achieve. We want to remain the go to hotel in the Times Square neighborhood and appreciate your feedback! Thank you again and have a great day!
Medford, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just stayed 1 night this past weekend. Super busy hotel. Every staff member we encountered(front desk, bellman, concierge) were pleasant and helpful. Room was clean and nicely appointed with a good amount of space considering how typically small New York hotel rooms are. The lobby bar is comfortable with pleasant waitresses and bartenders. The best part is the location. You can literally walk anywhere from this location. Went to see a show, ate at Becco, went to Eataly and also Central Park. A wonderful stay here!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends