“Excellent Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of New York Marriott Marquis

You added New York Marriott Marquis to your Saves list
New York Marriott Marquis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1535 Broadway, At 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Brkfst, Wifi, Attractions
Ranked #176 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Excellent Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed with my family in mid June 2013 for four nights. The hotel is huge, right in middle of times square with nice size rooms. The room was on 17th floor with not a great view, as times square view room was used 109 more per night. The check in was not a good experience as the lady though repeated my request for king size bed with sofa bed but decided to giver room 1601 which was quite small and did not have a sofa bed. The bell boy who delivered my luggage advised to call 55 on phone and ask for a change. Fortunately that worked and after 30 more minutes my room was changed to 1745. Rest of trip was fine. The room does not have mini bar and wifi is around usd 20 per 24 hrs. As I have 2 small kids location and room size is quite important . On both counts this was a good experience.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,305)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I love the Marriott Marquis at Time Square in NYC. From the elevators, to the rooms, to the location. This is a great hotel. Because it is right at Time Square it is in the "Heart" of everything. Although it is in the heart of everything it is not crowded. I love the elevators and the whole "feel" of the interior of the hotel. The fact that security is on the ground level before you get to the elevators is also a plus. The lobby is on the 8th floor which is also a plus!
The rooms (at least the one I had) are spacious and the layout is great for families. Again... even though the hotel is at Time Square there is no noise from the outside.
I made a request of housekeeping and they were attentive to my needs.
There is a full service restaurant on site whish is always great.
I would always recommend this hotel for your next trip to NYC!

Room Tip: If you aren't afraid of heights, always request a higher floor, overlooking Time Square.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cranston, Rhode Island, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Personally, the hotel was nice--the room was large and spacious (the bed was a little hard for my liking, but the pillows were fabulous!), the satellite TV was a bit spotty (I was there on business, so I actually spent time in the room and wanted to call it an early night and relax)...for being in Times Square, my room in the 24th floor was amazingly quiet (yes, I heard sirens and a jackhammer one night but it was faint and distant), and its Times Square, noise is to be expected! The room was clean and inviting--the location is good for going to the theatre, 5th Avenue Shopping, the subway isn't a far walk and the taxi service was plentiful downstairs.

Personally, the location is both the pro and con of this hotel. If you want a Times Square location, this is a great choice! If it wasn't for the fact I was attending a conference in the hotel--this location would not have been my choice. I prefer Chelsea, the Financial District, Grammercy or the East Side all are convenient and less crazy than Times Square.

Room Tip: Room 2457 had a great view of nearby theaters...not the typical back of another building view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We loved this hotel. Very clean. Staff kept this hotel spotless, the beds amazing. The price was expensive but you can't beat the location. Very exciting to be in the middle of Times Square. Great restaurants nearby. Only complaint was staff at check in and concierge were not friendly. No smiles or welcoming feeling from them, but they were efficient, check in was quick and easy. Another thing was the bell hops. Expected tips for everything. We checked in our bags the day we were leaving so we could go for lunch before our flight. Gave tip. We returned and asked for our bags so we could wait with them for our transportation. Gave tip. When our car arrived this same guy would not let us load our own bags into the car even though my husband tried and this was the same guy we gave a tip to 15 minutes earlier. We did not tip again and he was mad at us and gave us attitude. When does it stop, our wallet was almost empty from all the tipping they expect. Aside from this our stay at this hotel was excellent. Will stay here again if we have the opportunity and the money to return to New York.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott Marquis with the family over New Years Eve 2012. Straight off the bat let me state that if you can't handle crowds you don't belong anywhere near Times Square at that time of year, it is frenetic. The hotel is right on the square, and as a result on New Years Eve the prices are high, getting back to the hotel is difficult as the streets are closed off, and staying at the hotel does not guarantee you a spot in Times Square to watch the ball drop.

Having said that the hotel is very good and the location brilliant. The rooms are excellent, some have great views across the city, and are very large by the city's standards. They were clean, well fitted out and we were never disturbed by noise from other rooms or hallways. The staff are professional and polite, and obviously the hotel is very central to everything, shopping, sites, subway, you name it. Given we stayed at the busiest time of the year with the hotel at full occupancy everything in the hotel seemed to cope very well.

If you want the whole New York NYE experience delivered to your doorstep in style and comfort this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Get up high and get views across the city to the river.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bangalore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Took a train from DC to NYC. Arrived at 11 PM. The room was booked in advance. Took a cab got to the hotel. Being my first ever trip to NYC, I was confused if this was a hotel or a mall? The lobby of the hotel is located on the 8th floor. Went up there, check in took some time but the lady who helped us check in was efficient and nice. She handed us our key cards and small bottles of water. The elevators are confusing. You need to key in your room number and it displays an alphabet corresponding to the elevator which will take you to that floor. Managed to get into ours just in time. The rooms are done up in I don't know what to call it... It is too tacky to be called "retro". It felt like I was taking a step back in time to an era where harmony in colors didn't exist. This was supposedly a "river view" room and all I could see were tall buildings with huge back lit hoardings. So keeping the drapes open was out of question. The room itself smelt of...sorry to say, but PEE. I wanted to move immediately. The environment was claustrophobic. After having paid USD 480 per day for the room, one expects a pleasant and clean place. I called the duty manager and spoke to her, politely explaining my predicament. She refused to help me straightaway. She said the room given to us was the best and I was free to leave next morning if I chose. I understand that space in New York is premium and one can't expect much, but I think it is in order to expect a degree of understanding and cleanliness from a 5 star hotel. I called the Marriot Renaissance and they were happy to take us in the next day. I had to spend a night in this room smelling of pee and uncomfortable beds. Couldn't wait to get out the next day!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here for our 25 th anniversary in 2011, then bought our married kids and spouses and single son and grand baby the following Christmas for the Rockettes extravaganza, another anniversary, and one more group stay with my sis and nieces and nephews. All of our stays have been fabulous, the Room service is quick and expensive, but delicious. If you want cheap go somewhere else. My husband will not even try another hotel. This is where you stay for the best Times Square views, which is what my husband loves.

Room Tip: We like the Times Square view, and Hudson Bay view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to New York Marriott Marquis? Share your experiences!