I cashed in some points to spend a weekend at the Marriott Marquis and was not disappointed at all. Overall, it is in a great location, the room I had was large by NYC standards, and all of the staff I interacted with were friendly and helpful. Here are the details:
You have to take the elevator from ground level to the 8th floor to check in. They have a bellman sitting on the ground floor to help people with suitcases that are obviously trying to check-in. He showed us to the elevator and even explained how the elevator system worked.
Once on the 8th floor, they have a line for Marriott Elites and a normal line. Neither was very long. The receptionist at the check-n was extremely nice and, when asked, gave us a Time Square view on the 42nd floor.
Maybe we just got lucky, but our room was very large by NYC standards. The king room we were in had a bed, a couch, a desk, and a dresser with television and plenty of room in the middle to walk around. I thought that the furniture and other amenities were modern and not really in a huge need for updating. In addition to daily room cleaning, we also had a turn-down service that came with some little chocolates that were outstanding.
Incredibly expensive, so I never tried it. You're in NYC...go ahead and leave the hotel and eat somewhere nice. There's a great little Italian restaurant right next to the hotel with very reasonable prices.
The fitness center here was a par with a full service gym. It had plenty of treadmills, elliptical machines, and weights (both free weights and machines). I rate this as one of the nicest hotel gyms I've used.
At first, the lounge appears large, but with so many Gold and Platinum members staying at the hotel, it is chaos in the mornings for breakfast. Go there early unless you want to spend 10 minutes waiting in line and another 10 scrounging for a table. The number of people in the lounge was the only disappointment I had with the hotel. That said, you can walk to 10 delis within 5 blocks and get a comparable breakfast for $5, so unless you're an early riser, I'd recommend skipping the crowded concierge lounge and springing for your own breakfast.
You're on 45th and Broadway. The location can't get much better than that.
- Also Known As:
- New York Marriott Marquis Hotel
- New York Marriott Marquis Hotel New York City
- Marriott Marquis
- Marriott New York City
- Marriott Marquis New York
- Marriott Hotel New York
- New York City Marriott
- Marriott Times Square
- Marriott Marquis Times Square
- Marriot Marquis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect for business & leisure travel, this world-class NYC hotel is located in the Times Square theater district of Manhattan and features newly renovated hotel rooms, event venues and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Tingo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Otel, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your New York Marriott Marquis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.