If you are looking for the big, impersonal, we-have-our-rules corporate hotel in Times Square, then this may your place. But be careful, because if you ask for help, even if it costs Marriott zero dollars, be prepared for disappointment. My family booked a number of rooms at this hotel for a family event. A simple request was turned down by a junior assistant front office guy with a truly bad New York attitude. And when I called the national Marriott customer service center for help, the Marriott employee on the other end of the phone could most charitably be characterized as rude and disrespectful. The commitment from customer service to call me back never happened.
With a long business career involving too many hotels stays and way too many airline miles, I have a good idea of reasonable requests. Apparently Marriott does not.
In short, there are lots of places to stay in New York City. Perhaps you should consider alternatives. We certainly will be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect for business & leisure travel, this world-class NYC hotel is located in the Times Square theater district of Manhattan and features newly renovated hotel rooms, event venues and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Marriott, Otel and Priceline so you can book your New York Marriott Marquis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New York Marriott Marquis Hotel New York City
- Marriott New York City
- Marriott Marquis New York
- Marriott Hotel New York
- New York City Marriott
- Marriott Times Square
- Marriott Marquis Times Square
- Marriot Marquis